Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

The fact that Married and MKR are chasing a similar audience and that Married has smashed MKR for the past two years isn’t promising either. Adding the very weird and cringeworthy twist to MKR and turning it into a different show will most likely see the audience switching off in droves.

If MKR flops then Seven’s entire Q1 will collapse.

On another note, I hope that Survivor is able to take some audience from both MKR and MAFS this year.

2 Likes

That would be the pawfect timeslot.

BBC mini-series Gold Digger premieres next Tuesday February 11 at 9pm. Saw an extended promo tonight during MKR.

2 Likes

TV Week has it at 9pm after MKR.

Here we go again with 7 advertising in AEDT … the Oscars being promoted as 12pm AEDT, so does that mean it’s being shown live at 11am in Qld or is it still delayed? Or is AEDT just referring to 7Plus?
They really have to start making their promos state specific…

4 Likes

Seven just ran an advert for the Super Bowl in Brisbane on 7Mate (at 9:30am) starting “at 10:00am”. Problem is it already started at 9:00am

3 Likes

Week commencing 9 February 2020

Sunday 9 February
07:00 PM MKR: The Rivals INSTANT RESTAURANT 5 – FANS (Sue Ann & Sylvia)
08:30 PM Movie: The Greatest Showman (2017) PREMIERE
10:45 PM TBA

Monday 10 February
07:30 PM MKR: The Rivals INSTANT RESTAURANT 6 – FAVES (Jac & Shaz)
09:00 PM 9-1-1 S03 E02
10:00 PM S.W.A.T. S02 E02
11:00 PM The Latest: Seven News
11:30 PM Proven Innocent: A Minor Confession S01 E05

Tuesday 11 February
07:30 PM MKR: The Rivals INSTANT RESTAURANT 7 – FANS (Kerry & Kaylene)
09:00 PM Gold Digger Series Premiere
10:00 PM Deadly Dates Rpt
11:10 PM The Latest: Seven News
11:30 PM Proven Innocent: A Minor Confession S01 E06

Wednesday 12 February
07:30 PM MKR: The Rivals INSTANT RESTAURANT 8 – FAVES (Roula & Rachael)
09:00 PM First Dates Australia S04 E04
10:10 PM Temptation Island US S01 E04
11:10 PM The Latest: Seven News
11:40 PM Women Who Kill Rpt

Thursday 13 February
07:30 PM MKR: The Rivals INSTANT RESTAURANT 9 – FANS (Mark & Lauren)
09:00 PM Modern Family Season 11 Premiere
09:30 PM Modern Family S11 S02
10:00 PM Ramsay’s 24 Hours To Hell And Back: Catfish Cabin
11:00 PM The Latest: Seven News
11:30 PM Hooked On The Look Rpt

Friday 14 February
Sydney, Brisbane, Perth
07:00 PM Better Homes And Gardens
08:30 PM Movie: Robin Hood (2010)
11:30 PM TBA

Melbourne
07:00 PM Better Homes And Gardens
07:30 PM AFL Women’s: Rnd 2: Western Bulldogs v Melbourne
09:45 PM Movie: 47 Ronin (2013)

Adelaide
07:00 PM AFL Women’s: Rnd 2: Western Bulldogs v Melbourne
09:15 PM Movie: 47 Ronin (2013)
11:35 PM TBA

Saturday 15 February
07:00 PM Movie: The Martian (2015)
10:00 PM Movie: Pitch Perfect (2012)

1 Like

It seriously is a problem.
Do SA and WA get their ads in AEST as well?

2 Likes

Yes - was watching the T20 Showdown bushfire charity match yesterday and an AEST Super Bowl promo was shown for Adelaide viewers

1 Like

Remember the old days when the start of a rating season saw all the best shows in a network’s schedule?

7 Likes

Typical how everything is NSW/Vic-centric.
Here’s an idea. Just to be fair. Why not advertise some shows in AEDT, some in AEST, some in central time, even western. Rotate it around.
Let’s see how the rest of the country manages…

Well they’re only Australia’s two most populous states.

Seven probably should go to the trouble of producing different versions for each timezone but with the “AEDT” text on the promo (as I’m pretty sure I saw on a cricket promo this Summer), surely most of us can figure out the timezone differences?

This is still the case, this is the best 7 has!

5 Likes

Movies, repeats, overseas reality shows and programs that have already screened on Pay TV. Brilliant.

Yup. That’s FTA in 2020.

1 Like

Is Gold Digger the show that came from BBC? I heard this show wasn’t very well received.

Gold Digger was commissioned by the BBC but produced by Mainstream Pictures which is indirectly owned by ITV Studios. It currently rates only 40% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Not everyone has $60 for foxtel, Premier Movies on Sunday FTA 8:30 is a Big difference this year !

I would rather Sunday night but that costs too much to produce.

There’s other ways to watch movies. I saw the Greatest Showman on Fetch last year.

Premiere movies is nothing new. It’s only a FTA premiere anyway. Back to the 1980s.

No surprises that you keep defending Seven’s decisions in every way possible. When are you going to look at things from different perspectives rather than from your rose-tinted Seven glasses?

Movies on FTA aren’t going to get blockbuster ratings these days, so your point of difference is moot.

7 Likes