Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

haha trust me I didn’t we didn’t have a computer until I was in year 10 and even then we didn’t have the internet until I was in year 12. I just know computer were throughout our school when I was in year 4 and that was 20 years ago now, and I remember going for play dates where most had computers. But I know they didn’t do what they can do now. Could you imagine watching an episode of The Bachelor on dial up? I would still be waiting for it to buffer now.

1 Like

So for Sydney the “variety” next week consists of

Meghan & Harry - The Next Chapter
Take Me Out
Highway Patrol Rpt
Home and Away triple episode.

No thanks.

5 Likes

Latest season first-runs done already!?

The Story of the Royals

Coming Soon

On the eve of the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, in the midst of all the joyful noise surrounding them, The Story of the Royals launches from a simple question: how exactly did we get here? How did an American, biracial, divorcee find herself at the threshold of the most powerful family in the world? How did an institution so rigidly built on ideas of hereditary succession come to welcome such a radically new identity to its ranks?

Jumping back to the early decades of the twentieth century, we explore pivotal moments in the crown’s history to find illuminating echoes of our present: with Wallis Simpson, we meet another American divorcee whose illicit romance with King Edward VIII rattled the public’s understanding of royal marriage, and cost him the throne. In Princess Diana, we see a deeply relatable face enter the spotlight, inviting the volatile power of modern celebrity to propel the monarchy’s image to new heights. In her sons, William and Harry, we see leaders who bridge the gulf between duty and family, serving their people by shamelessly embracing their humanity, placing exemplary acts of compassion front and center. And through all of this tumultuous history stands Queen Elizabeth II, always reshaping the image of the crown to meet the ever-evolving character of her people.

Back in the present day at last, our viewers join the Royal Wedding’s jubilant network of spectators, who range from devoted royal watchers in the UK, to thrilled American daydreamers, to the communities of color around the world that will soon see a more radically relatable image reflected from Kensington Palace.

Featuring interviews with: Andrew Morton, whose explosive “Diana: Her True Story” exposed all of Princess Diana deep secrets; Lady Jane Rayne, one of Queen Elizabeth’s Maids of Honor for her Coronation; Charles Anson, Queen Elizabeth’s former Secretary; and Patrick Jephson, Princess Diana’s former Secretary, among many others.

Another royal special from Seven - this one in 2 parts. Obviously the synopsis is out of date.

3 Likes

How much royal stuff do we have to endure?

6 Likes

Looks like it is the 2-part, four hour documentary which aired on ABC America in late August.

1 Like

Queen of the World

Coming Soon

The Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to feature in exclusive, unprecedented portrait of Her Majesty The Queen.

Channel Seven has acquired the landmark new ITV documentary series, QUEEN OF THE WORLD, ahead of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s first Commonwealth Tour to Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific.

The two-part series will offer a unique insight into Her Majesty The Queen’s role as a figure on the global stage and the baton she is passing to the younger members of the Royal Family as they continue to build the Commonwealth connection.

Filmed over more than a year by Oxford Films [Our Queen; Our Queen at 90; Diana, Our Mother: Her Life and Legacy] with privileged access to The Queen, her family, her staff and her residences, the series tells the story of how the Commonwealth has been a central focus and passion throughout Her Majesty’s life.

QUEEN OF THE WORLD features behind-the-scenes moments with the Sovereign and other members of the Royal Family, including the Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, the Princess Royal and the Countess of Wessex.

As the family and world leaders discuss the importance of the Commonwealth to the Queen, the series will document the way in which she passes her knowledge and experience to the younger generations.

Drawing on cine footage from The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh’s private film archives and treasures of the Royal Collection, the series will offer a unique perspective on the Queen’s early years as Head of the Commonwealth when Her Majesty had the symbols of the then eight Commonwealth countries embroidered on to her Coronation gown. We will see how that number had risen to 53 by the time the Duchess of Sussex had flowers of the Commonwealth represented on her wedding veil in 2018.

QUEEN OF THE WORLD premieres September 25 on ITV and October 1 on HBO. Seven will reveal its Australian premiere date soon.

1 Like

Yet another Royal special.

Seven to announce new logo soon :wink:

12 Likes

Haha they are so desperate it is rather pathetic. In saying that I do understand the logic of running a Royal visit week of programming in mid-October during Harry’s visit. There is only so much news they can generate though. I suppose that’s why the trash mags just start making it up. Hopefully Seven don’t go down that route.

1 Like

Bring on the republic. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

They already did something like that remember “Australia’s Royal Wedding Network” or something :joy:

Because of the 2m metro viewership for their coverage earlier in the year, they’ve now gone crazy on acquiring royal this and royal that.

How does this sort of programming bring in the young viewers they so desperately need!?

2 Likes

Despite the royal wedding rating well on all networks, IIRC the lead up specials that littered schedules prior to the wedding were largely flops.

2 Likes

Exactly. I think viewers can see it is cheap filler and do not bother. Seven are in a panic because 2019 has been a failure for them in terms of launching new hits. Why else would we be seeing these specials, God Friended Me being fast-tracked etc? I am expecting 9-1-1 season two to be fast-tracked as well as Good Doctor.

It has ? Not even in 2019 yet though?

2 Likes

Sorry have always struggled to live in the moment. Always looking back or forward. But yes, 2018 is what I meant.

1 Like

Schedule changes - Bancroft moved to laster timeslot.

Sunday 16 September
09:00 PM Murder Uncovered: The Kate Moir Story Rpt
11:00 PM The Investigator: A British Crime Story Season Final

Monday 17 September
08:30 PM Crime Investigation Australia: Most Infamous: No Mercy - The Killing Of Virginia Morse S1 Ep04
09:40 PM Bancroft Series Final
11:50 PM Life Sentence S1 Ep07

Tuesday 18 September
09:45 PM Special: Michael Buble: Live In Ireland

That is a horrible change. Crime Investigations Australia (as has been discussed extensively here) isn’t new either anyway, just re-edited Steve Liebmann original from many years ago.

Seven look lost. Only AFL finals, some cricket maybe and Good Doctor plus multi-channels will save them.

PS: any word on The Wall’s replacement for Q4?

2 Likes

Australian Spartan S2 already in the can. :wink:

1 Like

They’ve really fallen into a heap. God (or Freddie Highmore) help them when the AFL ends.

4 Likes

Already thrown away?

1 Like