Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

Must also be remembered, Seven rushed the 2013 season of The X Factor into its schedule in July that year after The Mole tanked so badly.

I think the original plan was to have The X Factor launch the week after the supposed Mole finale.

I guess so. But if the ratings continue to mostly hover around the 400-500k mark, surely Seven will soon have to make a major scheduling related-change to My Kitchen Rules? Honestly, MKR 2020 is almost a disaster of Restarurant Revolution proportions!

Yep, I agree.

Many of Seven’s recent primetime programming decisions have been reminiscent of those made by Network Ten, circa 2011-17. This media observer wonders how Seven would be rating if it wasn’t for their strengths (thank goodness they don’t lead the field in Sydney, as far as most if not all these areas are concerned) in news, breakfast/daytime TV and overpriced sports rights. I also wonder if it’s entirely coincidental that the current CEO of Seven West Media is one of the people who almost killed Ten when he was the CEO at that network!

Schedule above is now official.

Celebrity Obsessed: Madonna Series Premiere out of schedule :sob:

1 Like

Oh, that’s disappointing. I was really looking forward to watching that!

Not really! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m not sure what market that is? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Also, I imagine this:

Will actually be on 7mate in Melbourne and Adelaide.

There will be at least one change to the schedule with Seven showing highlights from last night’s Fire Fight Australia concert.

EDIT 18/2:

2 Likes

Schedule Update

Saturday 22 February
07:00 PM Fire Fight Australia Concert - Highlights
11:00 PM 9-1-1: The Searchers Rpt

5 Likes

Johnson and Phileel1’s comments that it’ll be this Saturday?

Moving it would be a great disaster though. Sponsors have paid for that product placement in advance. 7 have no choice but to continue with the show in that slot.

1 Like

Seven will broadcast three feature Victorian greyhound races live on 7Two or 7mate and later in the year the program Thrill of the Chase in a deal that appears to amount to paid programming, as the Greyhound Recorder indicates it is supported by TAB. These are the races:

Is this the future of Seven, more paid programs in primetime?

1 Like

Thrill of the Chase season 1 was on 7mate late last year.

Schdule Update - triple Modern Family on Thursdays.

TONIGHT: Thursday 20 February
09:00 PM Modern Family S11 E03, E04 and 05
10:30 PM The Latest: Seven News
11:00 PM Celebrity Obsessed: Madonna Season Premiere

Thursday 27 February
09:00 PM Modern Family S11 E06, E07 and E08
10:30 PM The Latest: Seven News
11:00 PM Celebrity Obsessed: Jodie Foster

Saturday 29 February
09:30 PM Movie: Taken (2008)
11:30 PM Surveillance Oz: Dashcam Rpt

I guess Seven is showing multiple episodes of Modern Family so we will be as close to US airdate as possible, before the AFL home and away season begins on March 19.

Sorry where are these multiple Home and Away episodes you speak of?

Oh wait. I think you mean Modern Family?

2 Likes

Home and Away airs in the US?

1 Like

How dare you confuse Modern Family for Home and Away! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Sorry I mean Modern Family :sweat_smile:
The final season of Modern Family is up to episode 14 in the US this week, so maybe 8 more episodes to go.

If only Home and Away was nearing the end of its final season.

3 Likes

As much as Home and Away has been a staple of Seven’s weeknight schedule for over a quarter of a century, I have a gut feeling the show might actually wrap up altogether by the end of this decade.

Not taking much of a risk there, not everything lasts forever.

4 Likes