Seven Cricket Coverage

She actually needs to call some more ‘play’ instead of bantering with the other commentators.

2 Likes

When they came back to the start of the Strikers’ innings, they had a quick preview of the “Sydney Showdown but the screen went to a basic breakdown screen.

Since then, the ticker hasn’t shown up and Lisa keeps apologising.

2 Likes

Graphics breakdown.

Standby

Makeshift score bug

Plus scoreboard view

4 Likes

Love the look of the temp score

3 Likes

They could have used a telestrator and update it every ball…

And stop saying, “Lynny” all the time.

Sky NZ swiitched away from 7 to the Fox feed after five overs of the run chase, presumably due to the graphics issue.

2 Likes

The score graphic is back

2 Likes

I’m old school, prefer the minimalist style score bug at the top of the screen. The large ticker lines at the bottom of the screen have always been an eyesore, no matter the broadcaster.

8 Likes

7’s test graphics are pretty good because it’s pretty minimalistic, I still think a small refresh would be good since it’s been the same for 5-6 years. Maybe 7 should use a similar minimalistic approach for the BBL graphics

4 Likes

Here are some very very very bad mock ones I came up with using my iPhones photo editor

They are based on this from 7’s test scorebug

1 Like

Do we really need to have the horizontal score bars though? I don’t know why broadcasters think it’s necessary to cover up a significant portion of the screen in such a way.

My favourite graphics and score bug were the ones used by Channel 4 for the 2005 Ashes, which provided all the relevant information without being instrusive. Perhaps it’s just nostalgia, however.

5 Likes

What about going old school with just the score and over on screen and the other relevant information on supers?

1 Like

Match starts at 10:00 am AEDT today and tomorrow, Seven’s coverage still from 9:30 am AEDT.

2 Likes

Next Monday’s Hurricanes-Stars clash will be shown on 7mate in all states from 7pm AEDT, due to Seven’s exclusive broadcast of Prince Harry interview from ITV at 7.30pm local time.

2 Likes

CA might give the 3rd umpire the camera angles from both Fox & 7 after 7 had a better angle of the Marnus catch.

Nick Hockley told SEN that they might review it after the tests for the future

2 Likes

7 have gone on break to 7 morning news while rain continues to delay play.

3 Likes

You’re not missing anything - the cameras have a masking feature in the viewfinder to tell the operators where to frame the shot.

Also - on the commentary from the hub issue… you do know that they don’t just have the program feed viewable right? It’s not just 3 people huddled around a 40” TV…

3 Likes

Agreed that they will have multiple monitors if calling remotely, but it doesn’t change the fact that if a camera does not have the ball in frame, the commentators will be guessing.

Far better being at the ground to see the ball’s motion with your own eyes in 3 dimensions, the fielders, boundary etc.

2 Likes

The Morning Show outside of AEDT areas.

3 Likes