SBS Viceland - Programs and Schedules

Strange to see this show being shown on a secondary SBS channel.

Because it isn’t on Ten or One?

1 Like

The truth is right here! ‘The X-Files’ returns on SBS VICELAND in fully remastered HD

From 10 June The X-Files airs weeknights at 7:30pm on SBS VICELAND.

It was 1993 when FBI agents, Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) and Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) first captured our attention in sci-fi series, The X-Files . Now, 26 years on, SBS VICELAND is beyond thrilled to announce its return, for the first time on Australian television in fully remastered HD.

For those who didn’t catch it first time round, The X-Files follows the unconventional Mulder, who takes it upon himself to investigate unsolved cases – known as the X-Files – that he believes involve paranormal phenomena. In the hopes of debunking his theories, the FBI teams him up with Scully, a sceptical agent who has a degree in medicine and a strong bias towards the scientific. As the pair works to solve these unexplained cases, Mulder’s strong belief in the forces of the unknown continues to challenge Scully’s rational mind.

The X-Files won a bounty of awards over its 11 seasons, including Screen Actors’ Guild awards for Anderson and a BAFTA for creator Chris Carter.

1 Like

Not sure what ‘fully remastered’ means but a 16:9 HD version of the X-Files was shown on ONE when it was a HD channel.

3 Likes

Yeah, Google tells me the X-Files was remastered in 2015. The image in seasons 1 and 2 was cropped when the original 4:3 negatives were scanned and converted to 16:9.

1 Like

Robbie Hood

Friday 5 July on SBS On Demand

Tuesday 9 July at 9.35pm on SBS VICELAND

More:

:laughing:

sbs.com.au/update

4 Likes

SBS’ FTA cousins at the other networks are so unattractive :wink:

1 Like

Has anyone heard any news about what’s happening with Viceland retransmission on Foxtel? Foxtel currently only shows Viceland in SD, which disappears 18 June.

While flicking between channels last night, I noticed there was a viewer advice below the Viceland watermark on the channel change.

I bet nothing will happen. They’ll keep the SD version going. Probably won’t even launch World Movies. You can guarantee they won’t be sharing their VAST channels with the Foxtel platform for whatever stupid reason.

I do hope Foxtel unlocks Viceland HD for iQ’s with tuners though.

1 Like

On the SD one or both?
Currently, ch31 has a smaller watermark than usual and ch32 has the advice that SBS are changing what airs on ch32 (which is what I’m assuming you saw).

1 Like

Yep, the screencap at the Watermarks thread was exactly what I saw.

The final episode will air in September this year. Another program possibly lost from SBS Viceland’s line-up.

Maybe not, as the article states that a daily Vice news show will continue and that there is a show being developed for Hulu.

Any idea when Viceland SD bows out tonight (presumably)?

This is payback for Foxtel not getting the rights to Vice programming three years ago when SBS was awarded this output deal.

1 Like

Viceland stopped regular programs at about 7am this morning when it began a promotional loop for the changes to SBS’s line up.

Changeover at 1:02

5 Likes

Good stuff!
So is channel 32 still broadcasting in SD?

Yep - at least in Melbourne.

1 Like