SBS Sport

Great caps there.

Its good to have the Tour de France back for another year. For the bike race, and also for the nice scenic shots made by the camera crew from the helicopter :slight_smile:

Michael Tomalaris is the host again. Most of the commentators (and hosts) are in Sydney this time around and not in France. David McKenzie is doing his work from Melbourne .

1 Like

I think Bridie O’Donnell and Matthew Keenan are calling the race from Melbourne as well (Bridie has a day job as director of industry recovery at the Victorian Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions).

1 Like

SBS will broadcast live the quarter-finals, semi-finals and finals of 2020 US Open from September 9. Combined with the Tour de France during the same period, it will create an all-night sporting feast.

2 Likes

It’s going to be a pretty good period for SBS Sport considering when the Tour de France ends, they’ll go straight into showing the rescheduled French Open

2 Likes

Glad that SBS has the Tour de France on at the moment, as well as as the rights to the tennis (US Open Finals, plus the French Open).

1 Like

US Open:

1 Like

SBS (& ESPN) will be happy with the scheduling of Alex de Minaur’s QF clash tomorrow against Daniil
Medvedev. It’ll be the 2nd match of the night session which means it’ll begin around 11am/11:30am AEST

2 Likes

Caps from this morning:

2 Likes

SBS Breakdown slide:

2 Likes

What’s it from?

US open this morning

1 Like

Women’s Final:

1 Like

The NBL announced today that the next season had been pushed back to January 2021. Combined with the delayed start to the 2020/21 NBA season (to December) and the cancellation of Kooyong Classic tennis tournament for 2021, it means SBS will have less sport to cover this summer.

2 Likes

Devastating news!

1 Like

It’s only for next year. It will be back in 2022.

3 Likes

I was trying to be sarcastic, glad to know I failed.

LOL Kooyong has been a useless exho tournament that no top players care about for years now. I wouldn’t mind if it disappeared all together as no serious tennis is played at the tournament due to there being nothing at stake.

2 Likes
3 Likes

3 more years?