SBS Operations

Former Dateline executive producer Bernadine Lim has joined Screen Australia as head of documentary.

SBS staff farewell popular MD Michael Ebeid

1 Like

Acting MD James Taylor announced as the new SBS MD.

SBS chief audience and content officer John Sintras has quit after only six months in the job.

SBS is making changes to its Code of Practice, coming into effect from Friday 8th February: https://www.sbs.com.au/aboutus/corporate/view/id/109/h/Codes-of-Practice

It will include SBS & SBS Viceland airing M rated programming at 12-3pm on any day of the week, including school holiday periods (which is what ABC have been doing on its main channel since 2016), as well as providing Consumer Advice graphic for M & MA rated programming appear at the start of the program (like what the commercial channels have been doing since late 2015/early 2016).

5 Likes

Promos advising of the Classification changes airing tonight include a preview of what the M/MA Start of Program Supers are expected to look like:

Not bad, but I was kind of hoping they’d do with something that fits the theme of each channel for the program content info box…

1 Like

SBS launched their new slogan and presentation today.

4 Likes

Been a big week for presentation relaunches, this change I wasn’t expecting! I always thought that the previous package dated back to 2016, but apparently SBS changed the name from SBS One in June 2015 so i’d say that it launched then. I thought it had aged quite well!

Like the new style, reminds me of something else though but I can’t think of what it is.

1 Like

July 4 2015 (same day a nationalised edition of Seven News from Melbourne had to air in Sydney - you don’t forget stuff like this), to be precise.

It probably makes sense that SBS have used the opportunity to launch a new look given the age of the previous stuff and also the classification guideline changes.

1 Like

Most would. :joy:

1 Like

In tonight’s Federal Budget, SBS will get $887 million funding over three years, which includes almost $29.6 million to maintain the quality of its television, radio and online services.

1 Like

I’d rather they got rid of Viceland. Shift English language programs to SBS and have an SBS World channel for foreign language News, Series and Movies.

3 Likes

How long does SBS’ current deal with Vice Media have to go?

It launched 15 November 2016 so if it gets extended year to year, it has about six months to go.

1 Like