Rebel Media

Breeze 92.1 do Logan traffic reports and they are not a Logan station. Do 100.6 do GC traffic?

Not very well once you get to Coomera heading south. I normally flick from 92.1 to 100.6 just north or Coomera

2 Likes

100.6 is a default Gold Coast station with GC traffic and weather.

1 Like

The licence for 100.6 shows 30 watts towards the coast. Is it the height that gives it more coverage than would otherwise be expected?

1 Like

Height plus the almost unobstructed LOS to the majority of the coast from the TX location. It does come in at a slightly weaker signal strength than the co-sited GC stations but it’s still very listenable

4 Likes

And Rebel FM advert on Gold Coast bus passes behind Gold FM’s Luke Bradnam on air there for 9.

1 Like

I heard Gentle On My Mind (Glenn Campbell) played tonight on 92.1Breeze FM How many Commercial FM stations would play that? Not many I think what a great song it is.

2 Likes

2CH also plays it, Google tells me. Details here:

Heard an announcer on Breeze FM this afternoon say " Logan’s 92.1." Since when has Breeze been a Logan station? They don’t even have studios here.

1 Like

How well does Breeze and Rebel get into Brisbane?

They’ve been using that ID for about 12 months - they split the signal for 92.1 and 100.6 (Gold Coast) - with separate IDs, plus localised traffic and weather reports.

Can be received across most of the city fairly well including in car.

3 Likes

Pretty good in the car right across the south side and even the north east.

2 Likes

Yes, the Beaudesert outlets are fine on the northern approach to Brisbane. I don’t think they quite make the Sunshine Coast, though.

The Mount Tamborine (Gold Coast) outlets don’t really make it to Cane Toad City.

2 Likes

Older car radios may have trouble preventing interference from nearby Sunshine Coast stations too eg. with SEA on 91.9 being adjacent to Breeze.

1 Like

I think the following should get a mention on this thread.

Despite the fact that not all radios go to 1620, it would provide a decent alternative to Triple M (4GR), which was the base of its “Classic Hits” stream, but was axed late last year due to SCA’s cost-cutting drive.

5 Likes

Yes, and stereo or otherwise, I think Breeze will be an interesting addition to the Toowoomba market. 4WK has a predominantly talk format, Triple M takes the more generic log covering a wider audience, leaving a space for an easy, older-skewing station like the Breeze.

2 Likes

I’d like to know how this gets around the prohibition on s 40 commercial licences. This was introduced in the wake of the Radio 2 fiasco many years ago. Perhaps they have had this Toowoomba licence for some time? 4KZ operates on 1620 in Karumba and until recently on the coast as well; these licenses are grandfathered as they were in operation before the prohibition.

2 Likes

Rebel has a few other off-band AM licences in Queensland, and has three NON-BSB commercial radio licences the first of which appears to date back to 2003. Radio 2 went bust in 2006, so maybe Rebel’s licences are also grandfathered?

1 Like

I believe this is an old Rete Italia(?) licence they purchased in recent times, so old licence but new owner.

As for the legality, it must be similar to what Crocmedia are doing in Adelaide (and many other markets)?

Yes was Radio Italia, was purchased by Rebel Media when RI sold a heap of their Licensees last year

2 Likes