Rebel Media

For what purpose exactly?

I am listening to breeze online. Its interesting how the quality is superior to iheartradio / SCA online versions. SWR also is starting sound good. How can these smaller stations afford to have superior sound online streaming ?

I think MSR , could easily adopt the breeze playlist and wouldn’t go wrong and heavily promote DAB. They could maintain cricket/ live sports coverage if needed. The breeze 954/882/1278 am. The stations for sports and the greatest hits of all time.

2 Likes

It would certainly work in Brisbane. As you say they should heavily promote DAB+ to supplement the AM

2 Likes

A music format of some sort for MSR is a no brainer.

1 Like

Magic rated reasonably well in Melbourne before Macquarie took it over and ran it into the ground. Perhaps a return of the Magic format would be welcome as Melbourne now no longer has a “classic hits of the 60s and 70s” station like 3MP before it became Classic Rock Radio.

2 Likes

On the subject of that, I’ve noticed on their websites that Rebel & Breeze now have separate online streams for each feed, mainly for local advertising purposes.

They include:

• Gold Coast
  • Darling Downs & Border
  • Logan
  • Central & North Queensland
  • Mid North Coast (Breeze only at this stage)

The last feed is particularly handy during Daylight Savings, as the Mid North Coast feed is 1 hour ahead of the QLD feeds.

As it’s been pointed out in the RDS thread:

Exciting times ahead for those travelling to or through the Mid North Coast of NSW in the future.

In fact, parts of Newcastle, particularly in elevated areas near the CBD (eg Cooks Hill), would even get fortuitous reception of Rebel & Breeze from Cabbage Tree Mtn, which is located near Bulahdelah. The Port Stephens area would get even better reception.

2 Likes

Probably only likely with Breeze as the proposed frequency for Rebel (94.1) is used by Today’s Country at Gosford, which has a decent signal into most areas of Newcastle. As to why it’s not 93.9 for Rebel has me scratching my head.

1 Like

A Putty Road tx for Rebel and Breeze would be good- stick them on a suitably high point and you could ‘rimshot’ into NW Sydney…

3 Likes

A Bells Line Of Rd TX would be good too, most towns along there wouldn’t get very good reception from Sydney, Blue Mountains or Lithgow?

1 Like

As has long been the desire of Rebel Media for the last 20 or so years.

Hopefully it comes to fruition one day.

1 Like

Rebel FM advert on Gold Coast bus

4 Likes

I was down on the GC today. Gee Breeze has great reception on 100.6 along the coast. It’s a great place for station choice.

2 Likes

Both RM stations from Mt Tamborine cover the coastal strip really well. It’s only when you get into some more tricky terrain (i.e. north of around Pimpama, or around the hinterland hills or into the valleys) it starts to struggle. It also drops off very quickly as you head south of the border

But yeah, those two stations in combination with the local commercials/community choices give you some really good variety down there

2 Likes

Can 92.1 be heard on the GC ?

Breeze 92.1 do Logan traffic reports and they are not a Logan station. Do 100.6 do GC traffic?

Not very well once you get to Coomera heading south. I normally flick from 92.1 to 100.6 just north or Coomera

2 Likes

100.6 is a default Gold Coast station with GC traffic and weather.

1 Like

The licence for 100.6 shows 30 watts towards the coast. Is it the height that gives it more coverage than would otherwise be expected?

1 Like

Height plus the almost unobstructed LOS to the majority of the coast from the TX location. It does come in at a slightly weaker signal strength than the co-sited GC stations but it’s still very listenable

4 Likes

And Rebel FM advert on Gold Coast bus passes behind Gold FM’s Luke Bradnam on air there for 9.

1 Like