Random Thread

Next time you strike, I’ll make sure to make the same point back to you.

I’m reminded of the statement “Respect is earned, not given”

Welcome to the jungle - our IR system is full of unions who operate in a less than desirable fashion, not helped by a political party in power that is doing its best to dismantle their power for ideological reasons

6 Likes

I’m then reminded of the statement “respect your elders”.

1 Like

Won’t be an issue.

Just remember who taught you when your parents couldn’t. ALL YOU FUCKWITS OWE US A MASSIVE DEAL OF RESPECT. You can read this, THANK A TEACHER.

Thanks scoop. :roll_eyes:

There are people here who remind me of the shitheads at my last school. Disrespectful towards people doing an important job. And not just teachers.

Well, stop carrying on like your special - a whole range of industries have increasingly ineffectual unions, you’re not alone champ.

7 Likes

I’m fucking right. And you lot fucking know it.

Bunch of woke bastards.

2 Likes

i beg your pardon ?? you lot??? i disagree 100% with everything you say

laughs in SDA and MEAA

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s healthy.

11 Likes

Yeah… Probably a bad call to tell everyone you’re a teacher before you tell everyone to go fuck them selfs. Bad call! Could have gone about that one a lot better… :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Why do people on Twitter write - All opinions are my own, and likes and retweets are not endorsements?

My opinions are my own, but I don’t feel I need to put that on my Twitter profile as it should be obvious.

3 Likes

Likely to ensure compliance / covering their ass as most businesses have social media codes of conduct these days.

11 Likes

Yep. It doesn’t really do a lot in practice but it’s something users can point to in the event people call them out for tweeting/retweeting something controversial or whatever.

4 Likes

Companies may have social media policies about that - especially in media.

3 Likes

My employer’s social media code explicitly tells us to add a disclaimer.

God forbid they find my Media Spy mocks!

9 Likes

And I can tell you now, any disclaimer aint worth a pinch of shit

8 Likes

Shit would like to sue you for defamation as you failed to include a disclaimer.

Disclaimer - I am in no way held responsible for my comments.

4 Likes

Unfortunately there’s far too many people these days who will take offence at anything they disagree with and will go to people’s employers about it. Yes, some things written are completely unacceptable but others are so mild and are simply just because someone doesn’t share their opinion.

I’ve been around here (and the various incarnations) for decades now and there are posts out there I still agree with, posts I wrote that I don’t agree with and posts that I can’t even work out what the hell I was thinking! I’ve upset, annoyed and offended people I’m sure, not intentionally though and there could be stuff dragged up that would end any career I chose to have in politics but I don’t believe in erasing history, I believe in people changing and growing and learning to question things and come to their own conclusions and having places where they can have discussions without losing their job because someone disagreed with them.

These are my own personal views and will possibly change if I re-read this post in 10 years. I enjoy working and I’d like to keep my job, please. Thanks

5 Likes

Auckland is the World’s Most Livable City according to the Economist Intelligence Unit. Of the Australian cities, Adelaide is the most livable at 3rd, followed by Perth (6th), Melbourne (9th) & Brisbane (10th). The NZ capital, Wellington, is at 4th.

6 Likes