Random Thread

here’s some random thread

12 Likes

Great dad joke. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

“Together we can stop this”?!!!
Is he some Bond villain who is trying to destroy the world, or even destroy the fabric of space-time?

Some of you might be wondering how Google keeps serving scam ads on Mediaspy and other sites.

Essentially what happens is the scammer will buy ad space for a website with generic, inoffensive content (in this case, Quokkas - but I’ve also seen ads for other animals and fruit/veg). This results in ads like the below:

Then on a later date they will change the ad content and image, therefore requiring a significant report volume for Google to review the ad and eventually remove it.

13 Likes

the original

That’s interesting, thanks for the explanation. Is Google not wondering why people are generically advertising the concept of Quokkas to begin with though? And surely that’s a massively flawed system, if only the initial ad needs approval, and they can change it to anything they want when it gets published?

1 Like

:mask:

Screenshot_20200912-155010~2

2 Likes

Wouldn’t happen: one guys been fined over 60 times and is still roaming the streets.

2 Likes

Is he up to sixty now? Wow. What a dick.

4 Likes

They’ll need to start building jails now to lock away the dickheads

1 Like

I suspect no human at Google reviews ad content when it’s bought, let alone when it’s changed; so much of their stuff is automated systems, and they don’t seem to care as long as they’re getting paid (look at all the crazy conspiracy stuff that’s on their YouTube platform).

4 Likes

:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

This is why I am not a dictator in any way, shape or form. I guarantee more prisons would be built so that random dickheads would be thrown away quicker than Usain Bolt runs the 100m.

4 Likes

If you see a moving tree, it’s me…

7 Likes

Now informing Victoria Police… :rofl:

3 Likes

That crime would leave the average Victoria Police officer stumped.

6 Likes

Beer is an essential item!

Imagine the outrage if bottle shops were told to close during lockdown.

2 Likes