Random Thread

Congrats! Good luck in the future!

4 Likes

To those who have home schooled or are currently home schooling their children :rofl:

2 Likes

This deserves no context :rofl:

6 Likes

All those years tuning in and watching the last few minutes of Bailey just before the 6pm Simpsons. I’ll kind of miss him.

He had a good run.

4 Likes

I’ll miss his ability to piss me off

3 Likes

Oldies will remember this one

7 Likes

Incredible how you always find a way to make it about The Simpsons. :rofl:

7 Likes

Personally I would argue that was Tim Bailey’s finest moment! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

While Media Spy’s reaction to “pumping it out on Prime” a few years back was a classic, there are a few other obscure quotes from Aussie TV that would beat it in my list of favourites. :wink:

Ahh, you can always trust Sifon to reminisce about 6pm Simpsons on Channel Ten…

Haha!

Personally I think it’d be great if The Chaser did an “In Memoriam” segment for Tim Bailey’s career at Channel Ten, similar to this one they did in 2012 for the axing of Breakfast with Paul Henry:

1 Like

I will always remember “Drips and drops across roof tops and crops”

2 Likes

I’d never thought I’d see the day when the leather muppet would leave 10 News.

The business of the brolly, predicted precipitation!

1 Like

What will we do without our Daily Bailey!?

Many would argue that he’s already mine, but can we make Nine News Sydney Fluff/Puff Piece Correspondent Mike Dalton the new Sydney TV news obsession for Media Spy?

We’ve often seen brilliant reports and PTCs from him and unlike Tim Bailey who has often acted inappropriately during a segment of the bulletin which should command credibility, Dalts knows how to have fun with the lighthearted segments while still maintaining a sensitive/compassionate approach when needed.

2 Likes

Nah chief, Rob Brough is where it’s at

2 Likes

YOU just had to mention The Simpsons. LOL

1 Like

Congrats . Hope it all goes really well. :smiley:

1 Like

The boom crash opera

Business of the brolly, predicted precipitation

1 Like

One difference is that Mike Daltons pieces are all pre-recorded, Tim’s is live.

1 Like

Live our lives?

drips and drops across rooftops and crops