Random Thread

I didn’t even include “The” in my initial calculations and got the sums wrong :joy: 29 it is!

1 Like

QWERTY Kings (30 points)

1 Like

Quiztakers 32

2 Likes

Quiz My Arse gets you 33?

(With inspiration from @JBar)

4 Likes

“My Hot Quiz” gets you 35, but it might not get past the censors.

I think I’ll stop now.

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Seven Sport

Noticed this on Twitter - a Indonesian guy who thinks 7, 9 and 10 are launching Indonesian and Muslim channels on their streaming services, with FreeTV going international, according to him.

2 Likes

loooks it ways all a hoax its been taken down

1 Like

someone with too much time on his hands?

6 Likes

Well, with all the talk about how internet based entertainment is taking over free to air, here’s more evidence.

At the Santa stand at my local shopping centre, he has TWO satellite dishes (at least one if not both would be for internet via satellite), and his TV antenna looks to be resting on some kind of bench (bottom right corner) and not even hooked up.

More evidence of NBNco dumping the ‘too hard to connect’ properties on to Satellite

6 Likes

Well guys, I tried! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I WTFed when I saw this appear on Google search results when I searched for Jeremy Fernandez - a very very poor attempt at satire. Must try harder.

2 Likes

Why were there fireworks in Sydney last night despite a total fire ban in the city? Even if the operator had obtained special approval from Fire and Rescue NSW it should have cancelled the fireworks.

1 Like

Total fire bans are often in place on New Year’s Eve, and Sydney Harbour’s fireworks are always exempted because

a) it’s in a built up area where there’s no chance of a “bushfire”
b) the fireworks are set off above a huge harbour filled with water

This is a non-story.

4 Likes

Exactly. Typical Daily Fail garbage.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1200533252076912640?s=19

Opens 25 January in Los Angeles.

I was pretty shocked to find this morning that the music festival death over the weekend at Strawberry Fields festival involved a former primary school classmate of mine. We actually shared the same room at school camp once.

I was browsing the SMH and saw the name and it didn’t click until I saw the photo and I thought ‘wait a sec - I know that guy’. I was thrown off a bit - all the articles say that he’s originally from Shepparton and then moved to Melbourne (well, maybe - but he definitely originated from Sydney).

Didn’t keep up with what happened to him after high school, though I’m not really surprised he ended up as a bit of a party animal. The socials seem to indicate he was a really loose unit. Apparently he’d mixed GHB, cocaine, ecstasy and alcohol together and that’s what probably caused the cardiac arrest.

I now know of three people who were classmates who’ve died in tragic circumstances. One stabbed to death from some gang related incident, one struck by lightning on a soccer field and now one dead of a party drug overdose.

1 Like

Sorry to hear, it’s a bit of a weird feeling. I know I always thought it was weird when some teachers had told us stories of people they’d gone to school with who had passed away and it always seemed like it wouldn’t happen to our group etc… I now know of quite a few people who have passed either from my grade or around my grade and I’m only mid-30’s. All from various things but each time a shock. One was a couple of years ago and made news as a national domestic violence situation, which was one of my sister’s friends, was really hard to see at the time.

1 Like

Anyone else struggling these days with the dating scene?

I feel like it’s so hard these days to find someone - On most dating apps also. The single life is getting a bit stale.

2 Likes