PTV Network New Zealand & Independent Radio Service (Patrick Te Pou Broadcasting Ltd)

Thank you for your suggestion, @AK_NEWS, but I have a family of 7 channels (PTV1, PTV2, PTV3, PTV4, PTV5, PTV6 and CPTV) compared to your network (especially @LiamP’s) with only one channel each!

1 Like

WTV is hoping to create WTVTWO And WTVTHREE

Here’s a recap. I have 7 channels and WTV has 3 channels (WTV1, WTV2 and WTV3), but what sort of programmes will be on each of them? And what about Plus Television, anyway?

1 Like

I dont run Plus, youll have to talk to @LiamP

2 Likes

I think @AK_NEWS was suggesting your ideas are good enough to make it into a channel in real life, it was a compliment.

Take a breather, people here are supporting your ideas and mock TV channel and some of your responses are coming across as a little rude mate.

2 Likes

@killy06 Thanks very much, pal. To all the team from Media Spy, I would like to take a moment to say, “People from all over the world, including New Zealand and Australia, create their dream television networks. These are fictional broadcasters and will NOT broadcast to anywhere in the world, as they are fictitious and imaginary.”

And I would like to thank you all for your loyalty and your support. In future, I will continue writing posts in response to my own dream network (PTV Network New Zealand) and will contribute to my ‘competitors’ like Plus Television (created by @LiamP), although they are fictional.

I appreciate your kind words but may all dreams and wishes come true.

From your pal, Patrick Te Pou (Paddy)

1 Like

PTV Network (Patrick Te Pou Enterprises Ltd), Plus (Plus Television New Zealand Ltd) and WTV (Western Television New Zealand Ltd) are all privately owned and operated, and funded by advertising. But what if the Broadcasting Minister, Kris Faafoi, decides to merge both RNZ and TVNZ into the new look NZBC as a single, state-owned broadcasting corporation?

There are no plans in real life. Last year, the idea of merging RNZ and TVNZ was shelved earlier this year because of Covid-19. A draft plan published by PwC New Zealand for the Ministry of Culture and Heritage talked about the vulnerability of the sector if the status quo was to continue.

The original NZBC (New Zealand Broadcasting Corporation) did exist from 1962 until it was divided into three separate corporations in 1975.

1 Like

@killy06 @Mullet I need your help. I was facing criticism for hiring attractive women (i.e. former beauty queens) as weather presenters and using members of the New Zealand pinup community as ‘test card girls’ - similar to Test Card F - during closedown. Test Card F (below) was created by the BBC and used on television in Britain and throughout the rest of the world for more than four decades.

PTV Network New Zealand (Patrick Te Pou Enterprises Ltd) is made up of a family of 7 free-to-air channels (PTV1, PTV2, PTV3, PTV4, PTV5, PTV6 and CPTV) and I intend to make each channel broadcasting 7 days a week - morning, afternoon, evening (i.e. from the start of transmission until closedown each day).

I have taken a breather as people at Media Spy are supporting my ideas and PTV Network as a fictional broadcaster. Once again, I would like to thank all of you for your loyalty and your support. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

From your pal, Patrick Te Pou (Paddy)

Dedicated to @theGradyConnell, @Leo_Puglisi6, @nztv and @OnAir.

1 Like

I describe PTV On Demand as PTV Network’s streaming and on demand platform which is restricted to New Zealand audiences only (for licensing reasons).

Whereas PTV On Demand is a free service and fully funded by advertising, PTV On Demand+ is an ad-free, premium service which allows its viewers to enjoy their favourite PTV Network shows and movies without commercial interruption. It’s like a New Zealand equivalent of the ITV Hub+ in Britain, and it will be available on a monthly subscription basis (i.e. $14.99 per month). Live channel streams and some content, however, still contain advertising as does promotions for PTV Network services.

PTV Network’s slogan is “In the Mood” which is taken from a classic Glenn Miller song. It was used by Australia’s Channel Seven in 1990, and the vocals for Seven’s “In the Mood” video were inspired by The Andrews Sisters and The Puppini Sisters.

@AK_NEWS chose “We Mean It” as the official slogan of WTV.

1 Like

CHANGES TO PTV1 PROGRAMMING

There will be some changes to programming on PTV1 when PTV Network’s winter season begins in late May/early June.

WEEKNIGHTS

PTV1’s early evening lineup is changing. The evening will kick off at 5pm with cartoon fun with Tom and Jerry on The Tom and Jerry Show, followed by the all new Wheel of Fortune with Matt Gibb and Diamond Langi in its new timeslot (5.15pm).

PTV Local News will be reduced to a condensed 15 minute bulletin and moved to the new timeslot of 5.45pm, leading into PTV National News at the new time of 6pm. Wilhelmina Shrimpton (Auckland), Susana Leiataua (Hamilton), Brin Rudkin (Tauranga), Madelaine Collignon (Palmerston North) and Ali Pugh (Christchurch) will continue to anchor PTV Local News, but the Wellington and Dunedin editions will now be anchored by Mike Wesley-Smith and Dominic George respectively (replacing Grant Walker and Callum Proctor).

PTV National News will now be broadcast at 6pm every night. Daniel Faitaua will continue to anchor PTV National News - a half hour bulletin that covers the important news of the day from New Zealand and around the world, drawing on the resources of the PTV News newsroom and international affiliates (CNN, AP Reuters, Channel 9, ABC, CBS and ITN). Plus Andrew Gourdie on sport and Jessica Tyson with the weather.

Ryan Bridge and the A Current Affair team will follow at 6.30pm and continue to investigate topical events and issues that matter most to us as everyday Kiwis. Following ACA, Mike Puru and Evana Corric will host the all new version of Sale of the Century in its new timeslot (7pm).

PRIMETIME

TUESDAY
Tuesday nights from 7.30-8.30pm are always devoted to an hour of Kiwi entertainment, beginning with the all new version of Give Us a Clue at 7.30pm. Corin Dann hosts a New Zealand ‘battle of the sexes’ game of charades with celebrity teams led by Dai Henwood and Kimberley Crossman.

A Question of Sport follows at 8pm, where Bernadine Oliver-Kerby referees a not too serious sports quiz between two teams led by former All Black Israel Dagg and league legend Wairangi Koopu.

New Zealand’s Funniest Home Videos and Candid Camera will return later in the year.

WEDNESDAY
Wednesday nights on PTV1 will become an all New Zealand night with brand new episodes of Grand Designs New Zealand at 7.30pm.

After the live, mid-week draw of Lotto (at 8.30pm), Deadline is a new, groundbreaking local drama which focuses on the staff of Kiwi Express, an Auckland-based national newspaper, and the stories they cover; it screens at 8.35pm. The cast of Deadline includes Ria Vandervis (“Shortland Street”), Jared Rawiri (“Mean Mums”), Morgana O’Reilly (“Neighbours”), Ido Drent (“The Gulf”), Jessica Grace Smith (“Home and Away”) and Nic Sampson (“The Brokenwood Mysteries”).

Wallace Chapman and a panel of commentators will continue to discuss the debate on the week’s big issues on The Chapman Group at 9.35pm, and Madison Reidy will host a new series called The Small Business Show (at 10.05pm) which offers detailed practical advice on issues affecting the small business sector.

Dulux Home Front, Getaway, Inside New Zealand and Four Corners will all return later in the year.

FRIDAY
Hosted by former Newshub journalist Isobel Ewing, Really Living is a weekly series on health and lifestyle choices available in New Zealand, featuring reports on fitness, injury prevention and management and new developments in health; it screens Fridays at 7.30pm.

Then, Middlemore is at 8pm and takes viewers bedside at one of New Zealand’s leading public hospitals, Middlemore Hospital in Auckland. This fly-on-the-wall documentary series follows ordinary people as they are admitted and discharged from hospital. Middlemore’s cameras will capture a patient’s initial consultation and diagnosis with doctors, their treatment ranging from minor procedures and routine operations to life-saving surgery, and their remission, relapse or recovery.

Palmers Garden Show will return later in the year.

SATURDAY EVENINGS

PTV1 will be taking viewers back to an era of light entertainment with Saturday Starburst, a star-studded variety show screening Saturdays at 6.30pm.

Hosted by Australia’s Grant Denyer and ‘our own’ Nickson Clark with singers Lizzie Marvelly and Cassie Henderson as co-hosts, Saturday Starburst takes us back to the era of light entertainment and serves it up with a 21st century twist.

The show - presented in the style of classic variety shows like “Hey Hey It’s Saturday” from Australia and “Noel’s House Party” from Britain - promises to be a game-changer for Saturday night television in New Zealand. It will feature a blend of live music, skits, comedy routines and various competitions, plus an array of guest appearances by local and international celebrities - plenty of fun, games and excitement for the whole family!

The live draw of Saturday Lotto will follow at 8.30pm, and then it’s time for Celebrity Wheel of Fortune at 8.35pm. Hosted by Matt Gibb and Diamond Langi, Celebrity Wheel of Fortune will see three celebrity contestants competing against each other to solve word puzzles and win money and prizes for their home viewers.

To make way for Celebrity Wheel of Fortune, NCIS: New Orleans will move to the new timeslot of 9.05pm with FBI: Most Wanted to follow at 10.05pm.

It’s in the Bag (at 6.30pm) and The Price Is Right (at 7.30pm) will return later in the year and an all new version of Face the Music will premiere in the 7pm slot. Sidewalk Karaoke has finished its run but will return next year.

NEWS AND CURRENT AFFAIRS

60 MINUTES
Guyon Espiner will replace Melissa Chan-Green as host of 60 Minutes, PTV Network’s flagship current affairs programme. Offering hard-hitting investigative reports, interviews, feature segments and profiles of people in the news, 60 Minutes will continue to feature Garth Bray and Melanie Reid as correspondents but with the addition of Jehan Casinader and Paula Penfold to the team. The programme will also include

NIGHTLINE
Mitch McCann will now anchor Nightline in a single head newsreader format. Screening weeknights at around 10.30pm, Nightline will continue to provide its viewers with an authoritative wrap of the day’s news and delve deeper into the significant events and issues that affect us as everyday New Zealanders. Jessica Tyson (from PTV National News) will now present the weather.

SUNDAY
Janika ter Ellen will join the Sunday team as a reporter along with Tristram Clayton (transferred from 60 Minutes), Mark Crysell and Sarah Hall. Screening at 9am and running for two hours, Mitch McCann will continue to anchor the Sunday programme which is a blend of national and international news, politics, in-depth reports on issues affecting New Zealand and the world, film reviews, arts features and music. Political interviews will be conducted by Lloyd Burr in PTV Network’s Wellington studio, and films will be reviewed each week by Stuff’s James Croot.

REGIONAL PROGRAMMING

The later part of Tuesday nights (11.15-11.45pm) will be devoted to regional programming, produced at PTV Network’s studios in Tauranga and Christchurch. Viewers who live elsewhere (i.e. Auckland, Hamilton, Palmerston North, Wellington and Dunedin) will receive a repeat of the US sitcom Young Sheldon (Sundays at 7.30pm).

TAURANGA
Broadcasting legend Peter Williams will make a welcome return to television and host a brand new local talk show called Town Talk. Live from Tauranga, Peter will tackle issues of relevance to the Bay of Plenty region and invite viewers to phone in with their questions between 6-9pm each Tuesday. The phone number to call will be 0800 TOWN TALK (0800 869 682).

CHRISTCHURCH
Chris Lynch (from Newstalk ZB’s “Canterbury Mornings”) will host Lynched - a lively, provocative and unpredictable mix of happenings and issues which interest and concern Cantabrians. This programme will be recorded ‘as live’ each week. Please note: Viewers in the Nelson/Tasman, Marlborough and West Coast areas will not be able to receive Lynched via the PTV1 Christchurch signal and will instead receive a repeat of Young Sheldon via the PTV1 Wellington signal. PTV1 Christchurch transmission will resume at the conclusion of that programme.

SPORT

PTV1 will continue to have a commitment to free-to-air sport. The channel will feature the mid-year Steinlager Series and the Rugby Championship/Bledisloe Cup fixtures ‘live and free’, plus Wimbledon tennis (daily highlights and live coverage of the quarterfinals, semifinals, women’s final and men’s final). There will also be full match coverage of the Mitre 10 Cup every Friday (at 8.30pm), Saturday (at 3.30pm as part of Sportsworld) and Sunday (at 3.30pm as part of Sports Sunday).

@AK_NEWS @LiamP What do you think?

DISCLAIMER: PTV Network New Zealand (Patrick Te Pou Enterprises Ltd) is a fictional broadcaster and will not broadcast to New Zealand, as it is fictitious and imaginary. Thank you for understanding.

1 Like

Wow, these are a lot of changes. But it all looks good.

I’ve never seen Tom and Jerry on TV that late before. Might have been a thing done in the 80s?

Sounds like a mix of 7 Days and Pictionary.

Another revival of a classic NZ show or an original program?

A repeat of the new episode from Plus’s Tuesday comedy night? Go ahead!
Edit: Oh sorry it’s your network’s airing. My bad.

2 Likes

Nope. It’s an all new version as seen on Cartoon Network in recent years.

There will be a revival of a classic New Zealand show - Face the Music. It is a quiz show where contestants use their musical knowledge and their memory to put names to classic hits from rock and pop music. Hosting the all new version of Face the Music will be Walter Neilands (formerly of “Sticky TV” fame).

Once Saturday Starburst finishes its 13-week run, Face the Music will air Saturdays at 7pm as a sandwich between the revived versions of It’s in the Bag (at 6.30pm) and The Price Is Right (at 7.30pm).

The all new It’s in the Bag is hosted by Jason Reeves (from Coast) and Matilda Green (“The Bachelor New Zealand” 2015 winner), with Stephen McIvor hosting The Price Is Right.

@LiamP In my book, new episodes of Young Sheldon are usually shown on Sundays at 7.30pm on PTV1 - straight after 60 Minutes (at 6.30pm). Mom is at 8pm, with the Sunday night movie to follow (at 8.30pm).

1 Like

PTV2 SCHEDULE (FROM 31 MAY 2021)

Programmes may be subject to late changes without prior notice

MONDAY

7.00am: The Big Breakfast. Start your day in a PTV2 way with The Big Breakfast - three hours of the biggest, freshest hits from your favourite artists every weekday morning. For no extra cost, we’ll include a clock on screen so you’ll know how much time you’ve got before you have to jump in the shower. And we’ll also include text-based news and weather updates every 20 minutes so you can keep up to speed with what’s happened while you slept. Set your alarm to 6:59 and get going with PTV2.
10.00am: Primo Music Box. Whether you’re at home, at work or at the gym - here’s a chance to catch your favourite music videos, randomly assorted and played back to back. A selection of new releases, Top 40 hits and some classic oldies (dating back to the 80s), all for your daytime viewing pleasure.
2.00pm: Two and a Half Men - US sitcom
2.30pm: One Tree Hill - US drama
3.30pm: Hollyoaks - British soap. Express episodes, fast tracked from the UK
4.00pm: 2 Live - Marty Hehewerth and Steph Monks (from The Edge) host a live-to-air youth show with a twist. Featuring on-air competitions, pop culture news, interviews and entertainment segments, all in between the hottest music videos as chosen by you (the viewer). We use a toll-free phone hotline (0800 788 222), text message service (7882 - SMS charges apply) and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Snapchat) to collect music video requests. You say it, we play it!
PTV News Now - a brief summary of the latest national and international news from the PTV News newsroom - screens at approx 5.29pm on all PTV Network channels (except PTV1) with updates at approx 6.29, 7.29, 8.29 and 9.29pm
6.00pm: The Simpsons - US animated sitcom
6.30pm: Friends - US sitcom
7.00pm: The Big Bang Theory - US sitcom
7.30pm: The Masked Singer - US reality show
8.30pm: DC’s Legends of Tomorrow - US superhero drama
9.30pm: Batwoman - US superhero drama (new timeslot)
10.30pm: Rich Kids Go Skint - British reality show
11.30pm: 12 O’Clock Rock. Turn up the volume for 90 minutes of the loudest rock, metal, hardcore and alternative music vids - all for your late night viewing pleasure
1.00am: Closedown

TUESDAY

7.00am: The Big Breakfast - music videos. See Monday for description
10.00am: Primo Music Box - music videos. See Monday for description
2.00pm: How I Met Your Mother - US sitcom
2.30pm: One Tree Hill - see Monday for description
3.30pm: Hollyoaks - see Monday for description
4.00pm: 2 Live - with Marty Hehewerth and Steph Monks. See Monday for description
PTV News Now from approx 5.29pm - see Monday for screening times
6.00pm: The Simpsons - see Monday for description
6.30pm: Friends - see Monday for description
7.00pm: The Big Bang Theory - see Monday for description
7.30pm: Game of Talents - a brand new US game show, hosted by Wayne Brady
8.30pm: Kung Fu - the remake of a US martial arts action-adventure series
9.30pm: Good Grief - a made-for-television version of a six-part web series. Two very different sisters inherit a funeral home - and its eccentric employees - from their koro. While Ellie is determined to uphold her grandfather’s legacy, Gwen can’t wait to get to Bali and become a DJ. Can they figure out their lives while staring death in the face? Starring Eve and Grace Palmer with Vinnie Bennett, Josh Thomson and Sophie Hambleton
10.00pm: New Zealand Today - brand new episodes of this local comedy/documentary series. Volunteer journalist Guy Williams visits small-town New Zealand to investigate what he thinks are the most interesting stories in New Zealand today
10.30pm: Ghosted: Love Gone Missing - US reality series
11.30pm: 12 O’Clock Rock - music videos. See Monday for description

WEDNESDAY

2.00pm: Two and a Half Men - see Monday for description
4.00pm: 2 Live - with Marty Hehewerth and Steph Monks. See Monday for description
7.30pm: Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist - US musical comedy-drama
8.30pm: PTV2’s Wednesday Night Comedy - PTV2’s comedy movie slot
10.30pm: RuPaul’s Drag Race - US reality show

THURSDAY

2.00pm: How I Met Your Mother - see Tuesday for description
7.30pm: The Simpsons - US animated sitcom. Extra Thursday episode
8.00pm: Mr Mayor - a brand new US sitcom from the producers of “30 Rock”, starring Ted Danson and Holly Hunter
8.30pm: Pants Optional - a local, ‘Saturday Night Live’ type sketch comedy/variety series featuring the best comedians in the country. Starring Guy Montgomery, Laura Daniel, Eli Matthewson, Alice Snedden, Nic Sampson, Donna Brookbanks, Chris Parker, Tom Sainsbury, Brynley Stent, Kura Forrester, Rhiannon McCall, Hamish Parkinson, Joseph Moore and Eddy Dever
9.30pm: Bob’s Burgers - US animated sitcom
10.00pm: Brooklyn Nine-Nine - US sitcom
10.30pm: Rockzilla. If you love listening to Rock Drive with Jay & Dunc (alias Jay Reeve and Duncan Heyde) on The Rock, then you’ll love Rockzilla on PTV2! This weekly music show is dedicated to nothing but the loudest rock videos, but there’s plenty of off-the-wall banter from Jay & Dunc…
11.30pm: Jersey Shore Family Vacation - US reality show
12.30am: 12 O’Clock Rock - music videos. See Monday for description
2.00am: Closedown

FRIDAY

2.00pm: Two and a Half Men - see Monday for description
7.30pm: Call Me Kat - a brand new US sitcom, starring Mayim Bialik. Based on the British sitcom “Miranda”, created by and starring Miranda Hart
8.00pm: The Unicorn - US sitcom
8.30pm: Legacies - US fantasy drama
9.30pm: WWE Raw. Join in with the dominant force in world wrestling - every weekend on PTV2. A one-hour version, featuring some of the biggest and baddest wrestling superstars from WWE’s flagship brand - straight off the satellite
10.30pm: Friday Night. Just when you thought it was safe to turn on your television and flick to PTV2… Chris Kirk and Jemma Peterson (aka Hidden Jem) host the jam packed “Friday Night” show live from Auckland, featuring the best video clips, the latest new music and live performances from the hottest artists. All filmed in front of a live studio audience, but there’s more! It’s also a virtual gig guide with all the latest information at hand from tour dates, new releases, gossip, artist and band profiles to tonnes of information from all the gigs around town. Don’t say you weren’t warned!
12.30am: Primo Music Box. Night owls and dedicated music fans - your weekend begins with an all-night music video marathon. We bring you new music, emerging and independent New Zealand artists, plus classic hits, party favourites, and songs you’ve never heard but will fall in love with. Continues to 6am

SATURDAY

6.00am: Primo Music Box. Keep the party vibe going as the sun comes up with continuous music videos until 9am, from new releases to classics and the songs we’ve long forgotten
9.00am: Teen Mom OG - US reality show
10.00am: Catfish: The TV Show - US reality show
11.00am: New Releases. Each week our viewers give PTV2 the chance to play out the newest music videos to hit the music scene. Sometimes if you’re lucky, it may have been hours-of-the-release of a video
12.00pm: The Goldbergs - US sitcom
12.30pm: Superstore - US sitcom
1.00pm: Siesta Key - US reality show
2.00pm: Teen Mom: Young and Pregnant - US reality show
3.00pm: Revenge Prank - US reality show
3.30pm: Fresh. Bringing Polynesians from around the world with their Poly smiles, swag and sunshine to our screens. #FRESHISTHEWORD!
4.00pm: Hip Hop Central. Kick it with Brook, Fame and Alex (from Mai FM) on your TV every Saturday afternoon as they smash out the Hottest Hip Hop & RnB. There’s the hottest video clips, the latest Hip Hop Hollywood gossip and much more!
5.00pm: Countdown. Remember Haylee from The Edge (or used to be on The Edge)? Well, she’s the host of Countdown - New Zealand’s biggest music chart show counting down the top 40 singles of the week, straight from the Official NZ Music Charts. Mixed in are the hottest new hits, interviews with some of the biggest artists in the world, the top 10 albums and the latest music news (and gossip…). Oh and did we mention there’s free stuff too…
6.30pm: World’s Funniest Animals - a showcase of viral internet clips of funny animal moments as well as celebrity guests, their pets and panellists to commentate on the clips
7.00pm: Whose Line Is It Anyway? - the US version, hosted by Aisha Tyler and starring Ryan Stiles, Colin Mochrie and Wayne Brady
7.30pm: Riverdale - US drama
8.30pm: The Flash - US superhero drama
9.30pm: Superman & Lois - US superhero drama
10.30pm: WWE NXT. A one-hour version, featuring some of the biggest and baddest wrestling superstars from WWE’s gold brand - straight off the satellite
11.30pm: PTV2’s Saturday Spine Chillers - PTV2’s horror movie slot
1.30am: Primo Music Box - an all-night music video marathon, running through to 6am. See Friday for description

SUNDAY

6.00am: Primo Music Box - music videos. See Saturday for description
9.00am: Countdown: The Second Edition - an extended, talk-free countdown of the week’s top 40 singles from the Official New Zealand Music Charts
11.00am: 16 and Pregnant - US reality show
11.45am: In the Mood Preview Show - highlights of the coming week’s viewing on the PTV Network channels, including a sneak preview of programmes to come on PTV2
12.00pm: The Office - US sitcom
12.30pm: Mike & Molly - US sitcom
1.00pm: TI & & Tiny: Friends & Family Hustle - US reality show
2.00pm: Love & Hip Hop: Miami - US reality show
3.00pm: Short Sportz - Jayden King (from The Edge) presents a local series about young New Zealand sports achievers looking at what motivates them and the sacrifices made to excel in their sport
3.30pm: Infocus - Athena Angelou (from Flava) and her team of young reporters present a youth magazine show with the latest goings-on from the teenage world, as well as profiles of our young tall poppies putting teenagers on-screen to tell their own inspiring real life stories of achievement, skill and determination
4.00pm: Homegrown. Radio Hauraki’s Tracey Donaldson joins forces with Chris Mac (of Six60 fame) to host Homegrown - a New Zealand music show which showcases all that our musically diverse country has to offer. Every week we bring you the homegrown tracks from years gone by and the latest releases. Plus the latest music industry news, interviews, competitions and gig guides - all in a magazine-style format. So grab that buzzy bee, crank open your L&P and settle in for a full hour of good ol’ Homegrown goodness!
5.00pm: Hot Right Now. It does what it says on the tin, keeping you informed and up to date - it’s a show that counts down the 12 hottest songs in the country right now!
6.30pm: PTV Sport: Vodafone Warriors on PTV2 - full coverage of a Vodafone Warriors match during the 2021 NRL season. Subject to scheduling, otherwise unless specified. See below for a full list of Warriors matches
8.30pm: The PTV2 Sunday Night Movie
10.30pm: WWE SmackDown. A one-hour version, featuring some of the biggest and baddest wrestling superstars from WWE’s blue brand - straight off the satellite

VODAFONE WARRIORS ON PTV2 (Rounds 14-25)

Below is a list of all Vodafone Warriors matches, both home and away, from rounds 14 through 25 of the 2021 NRL season. Their home games (at Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland) will be televised ‘live and free’ on PTV2 but if the Warriors play in Australia, those matches will be progressively delayed. As a result PTV2’s scheduled programmes (as listed above) may be subject to change.

ROUND 14 (Sunday 13 June)
Warriors v Storm - Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland (live from 3.30pm; kick-off at 4pm)

ROUND 15 (Saturday 19 June)
Knights v Warriors - McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle (kick-off at 5pm; delayed coverage from 6.30pm)

ROUND 16 (Friday 2 July)
Warriors v Dragons - Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland (live from 7.30pm; kick-off at 8pm)

ROUND 17 (Sunday 11 July)
Sharks v Warriors - Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney (kick-off at 6.05pm; delayed coverage from 8.30pm)

ROUND 18 (Sunday 18 July)
Warriors v Panthers - Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland (live from 3.30pm; kick-off at 4pm)

ROUND 19 (Saturday 24 July)
Rabbitohs v Warriors - Sunshine Coast Stadium, Sunshine Coast (kick-off at 5pm; delayed coverage from 6.30pm)

ROUND 20 (Friday 30 July)
Wests Tigers v Warriors - Bankwest Stadium, Sydney (kick-off at 8pm; delayed coverage from 9.30pm)

ROUND 21 (Saturday 7 August)
Warriors v Sharks - Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland (live from 4.30pm; kick-off at 5pm)

ROUND 22 (Sunday 15 August)
Warriors v Bulldogs - Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland (live from 3.30pm; kick-off at 4pm)

ROUND 23 (Sunday 22 August)
Broncos v Warriors - Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane (kick-off at 6.05pm; delayed coverage from 8.30pm)

ROUND 24 (Friday 27 August)
Warriors v Raiders - Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland (live from 7.30pm; kick-off at 8pm)

ROUND 25 (Sunday 5 September)
Titans v Warriors - Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast (kick-off at 5pm; delayed coverage from 6.30pm)

@AK_NEWS @LiamP What do you think of the revised PTV2 schedule - especially for the winter season?

DISCLAIMER: PTV Network New Zealand (Patrick Te Pou Enterprises Ltd) is a fictional broadcaster and will not broadcast to New Zealand, as it is fictitious and imaginary. In real life, Sky Network Television owns the broadcast rights to the NRL in New Zealand. Thank you for understanding.

This is exactly the type of channel I wanna watch. Lots of comedy and reality shows, lots of different types of music played, sports (both live Warriors games and WWE shows) and even some news. It’s like if Duke, MTV and Comedy Central made a soup together and branded it under your name. It looks awesome!

Also, PTV News Now reminds me of when TVNZ used to have hourly 1-min news updates on TVNZ 7.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback, @LiamP. Although PTV2 is a hybrid of both general entertainment and music television to cater for its target audience (i.e. all people aged 18-39), I made some changes to the channel’s schedule.

You got it wrong. When TVNZ 7 began on 30 March 2008 it screened 10 minute news bulletins on the hour, every hour, from 9am until 11pm daily, and there were rolling bulletins from 6-9am every weekday. In 2011 it changed to five minute bulletins of news every hour from 8am until 11pm. TVNZ 7 closed transmission on 30 June 2012.

And speaking of PTV News and Current Affairs, its programmes are usually concentrated on PTV1. The other PTV Network channels (PTV2, PTV3, PTV4, PTV5 and PTV6, in particular) are limited to brief news bulletins during the evening.

I created PTV News Now as a series of 60-second news updates, featuring major national and international stories in summary form. These updates are pre-recorded ‘as live’ and broadcast on every PTV Network channel (except PTV1) just before 5.30, 6.30, 7.30, 8.30 and 9.30pm (approx) on a nightly basis.

1 Like

Oh, right sorry.

2 Likes

Over at @AK_NEWS’s WTV, two new channels (WTV Four and WTV Five) have been added.

As I’ve mentioned here previously, PTV Network New Zealand’s suite of free-to-air channels includes:

• PTV1: PTV1 - the flagship of PTV Network - is the channel of choice for 25-54 year olds, with local content at the heart, offering a full range of top quality programming - local and international hit dramas, light entertainment, comedy, movies and documentaries, as well as news, sport and current affairs.
  • PTV2: PTV2 is a pure entertainment channel for 18-39 year olds and broadcasts a line-up of engaging dramas, comedy and reality shows, plus hit movies and an array of music programming. PTV2’s entertainment offerings are supplemented with exclusive free-to-air coverage of rugby league with the Vodafone Warriors and the latest WWE Wrestling action fresh off the satellite from the US.
  • PTV3: PTV3 is a quality entertainment and factual channel for 55+ year olds and broadcasts an indulgent mix of quality British dramas, classic comedies, all-time favourite movies and top-tier documentary, factual and arts programming.
  • PTV4: PTV4 is a combined general entertainment and sport channel for 25-54 year olds with a male skew and broadcasts a mix of premium scripted and factual programming, as well as premium sports coverage from New Zealand and around the world.
  • PTV5 PTV5 is an entertainment-lifestyle channel for 25-54 year olds with a female skew and HHS with kids 0-14. As well as being the home of guilty pleasures, glamour, fame, true crime and real-life stories, the channel also plays host to the best made-for-television movies from the Lifetime Movie Network (LMN) library, ‘chick flick’ blockbusters like The Devil Wears Prada, and exclusive free-to-air coverage of netball with the Silver Ferns and the ANZ Premiership.
  • PTV6: PTV6 is a lifestyle channel for 55+ year olds and acts as the place to unwind and relax with inspirational programming of lifestyle interests. Programme types on PTV6 include food, gardening, interior design, DIY, homes, the great outdoors, pets, wildlife, travel, history and antiques. The channel offers themed nights of programming from 7.30pm.
  • CPTV: CPTV (Children’s PTV) prides itself on being a place for Kiwi kids and families to entertain, educate and inspire. It’s home to the New Zealand’s favourite kids’ programmes - from safe and educational programming for preschoolers in a commercial-free environment through to a mix of animation and live-action series for older children - but CPTV devotes its earlier evening slot (6pm untli closedown at 9pm) to family programmes like nature documentaries, science shows, tween dramas, comedies and kid-friendly movies.

Meanwhile, at WTV, there is now a suite of five channels compared to PTV Network’s ‘magnificent seven’. WTV Three, from my point of view, has undergone a revamp - becoming New Zealand’s first free movie channel. Below is my interpretation of WTV’s own suite of channels.

• WTV One: WTV’s flagship channel. Comprehensive, with broad appeal, and a target audience of all people aged 25-54.
  • WTV Two: An all-sport channel targeting 25-54 with a male skew. WTV Two usually includes live and delayed coverage of local and international sporting events.
  • WTV Three: New Zealand’s first ever free movie channel (similar to Film4 in the UK), playing an array of blockbuster and classic movies with the inclusion of commercial breaks. This channel is free-to-air, funded by advertising, and does not play movies that are ‘uncut and uninterrupted’.
  • WTV Four: WTV receives a 24 hour direct satellite feed from Sky News in the UK, incorporating live coverage of world news as it happens. WTV Four supplements a live feed of Sky News with other programmes like ABC World News Tonight, NBC Nightly News and replays of WTV’s own news programming.
  • WTV Five: This channel devotes its daytime schedule (6am-6pm) to children’s programming, just like CPTV. However, general entertainment (from 6pm until closedown) is being transferred from WTV Three to this channel.

What do you think?

2 Likes

Note: WTVFOUR and Five air from May 1.

1 Like

DISCLAIMER: PTV Network New Zealand (Patrick Te Pou Enterprises Ltd) and WTV (Western Television New Zealand Ltd) are fictional broadcasters and will not broadcast to New Zealand, as they are fictitious and imaginary. Thank you for understanding.

2 Likes

CHANGES TO PTV1 PROGRAMMING

More changes to PTV1 programming.

WEEKDAYS

PTV Afternoon News, anchored by Jared McCulloch, will now screen at the new time of 4pm. Viewers of PTV1 will continue to keep up to speed with the latest updates on the day’s developing news stories from New Zealand and around the world - as well as a comprehensive business report (with Madison Reidy), sports news and a national weather forecast for both tonight and tomorrow (with Mercy Cornish) - in a concise 30 minute package.

PTV Afternoon News will be followed by the highly successful US courtroom series Judge Judy in its new timeslot (4.30pm). Presided over by former family court judge, Judge Judy has become TV’s most watched court show and a pop culture phenomenon.

Local communities we haven’t forgotten you, and PTV Local News will bring you the important news of the day from your local newsroom.

We have reporters, producers and camera crews spread throughout the country. As well as our network centre in Auckland we have news hubs in Wellington and Christchurch, and regional bureaux in Whangarei, Hamilton, Tauranga, Rotorua, Taupo, Whakatane, Gisborne, Hastings, New Plymouth, Palmerston North, Nelson, Greymouth, Timaru, Queenstown, Dunedin and Invercargill.

There are seven localised editions of PTV Local News, produced at PTV Network’s studios in Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Palmerston North, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin. Your local anchors will be Wilhelmina Shrimpton in Auckland, Susana Leiataua in Hamilton, Brin Rudkin in Tauranga, Madelaine Collingnon in Palmerston North, Mike Wesley-Smith in Wellington, Ali Pugh in Christchurch and Dominic George in Dunedin.

They’ll keep you up-to-date with what’s happening in your region at 5pm every night from Monday to Friday with a complete 30 minute bulletin of regional news, sports, weather and feature stories. There will be headline services at 11.25am, 3.25pm and around 11pm (straight after Nightline).

Following PTV Local News at 5pm, the all new Wheel of Fortune with Matt Gibb and Diamond Langi will spin from 5.15pm to the new timeslot of 5.30pm as a lead-in to PTV National News.

The Tom and Jerry Show is removed from the PTV1 schedule.

LATE NIGHT

PTV Network’s late night news and current affairs programme, Nightline (which screens weeknights at around 10.30pm), will now finish at around 11pm to allow for the late night PTV Local Headlines (for five minutes) to be broadcast. Because of Nightline’s early finish (11pm) and the addition of the late night PTV Local Headlines, PTV1’s late programmes will now commence 10 minutes earlier (i.e. 11.05pm approx).

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

@AK_NEWS @LiamP What do you think of the revised changes?

DISCLAIMER: PTV Network New Zealand (Patrick Te Pou Enterprises Ltd) is a fictional broadcaster and will not broadcast to New Zealand, as it is fictitious and imaginary. Thank you for understanding.