Seven Regional

What were the previous PRGs/Watermarks like on Prime/GWN prior to the recent move?

Yes. They have updated 7TWO’s once and that was about 3 or so years ago.

This:

To this:

I don’t think SC have ever updated 7mate’s in all these years.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’d rather they leave the 7TWO watermark alone. It’s one of the best watermarks (or should I say, least worst) on telly as it is barely noticeable - the way it should be.

The 7TWO watermark used on Channel Seven is really too big and too bright by comparison.

As for the dark Prime7 watermark, overall, it is less noticeable than before, so personally I don’t mind it… but it’s still a bit too big.

I just saw the Now PRG on 7mate and it’s the same as the one Abesty posted. So they have one design for Now/Next and another for just Now. Bit weird.

Great to see promos and lineups are now in HD. They also fixed the pillar boxing on the lineup. Very shmick :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Just curious, how do you know that they are in HD if Prime/GWN do not have HD channels? Or was this recorded off 7mate?

Bingo :slight_smile:

3 Likes

These are great! I wish 7 themselves still aired lineups like this.

1 Like

[quote=“WAtvVideos, post:168, topic:153, full:true”]
Great to see promos and lineups are now in HD. They also fixed the pillar boxing on the lineup. Very shmick :slight_smile:
[/quote]These look great. Well done.

Geez, it will be really interesting to see how much of SCTV is in true HD when they launch theirs early next year.

1 Like

Interesting to see Mr Selfridge billed as “hit series” considering how its been moved around the schedule. In one moment, gone the next then back in.

1 Like

Prime/GWN use the same dozen or so descriptors on their lineups as nauseum - as you can see, they used it for both Selfridge and H&A, and just added “Comedy” to the Big Bang Theory.

The lineups would be better without those descriptors IMO, but otherwise they look fantastic.

1 Like

press release from Prime7:

Friday 9 December 2016
PRIME MEDIA SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETES OUTSOURCE OF PLAYOUT FOR 60 CHANNELS TO MEDIAHUB IN JUST 4 MONTHS

PRIME Media Group (ASX:PRT) has successfully completed the outsourcing of its playout of 60 discreet market channels to MediaHub Australia.

PRIME reaches an audience of 5.3 million Australians, utilising 230 transmission sites to deliver its 60 unique, individually branded channels to regional markets.

Shane Wood, Group General Manager, Operations of PRIME said: “PRIME and MediaHub have worked collaboratively to transition the services in four months and went “live to air” for all PPIME channels across regional Australia from MediaHub’s Ingleburn facility yesterday, which is a remarkable effort.

“I would like to thank the team in Canberra, led by Trevor Clarke and Lyndon Cox, who worked tirelessly to ensure the success of this project, particularly the work undertaken during the rigorous user acceptance testing process.”

“MediaHub has delivered a clear commercial benefit to PRIME and provided us with a robust solution that has enabled technical improvements to our on-air presentation,” Mr Wood said.

Alan Sweeney, CEO of MediaHub said: “It has been a pleasure to work with Prime’s very professional staff in delivering this project in such a short period of time. We are proud to welcome Prime to our growing client base and look forward to a long partnership with such a premium Australian brand.”

8 Likes

Prime7 for Newcastle now also seems to be coming from Media Hub.

The “delay” from Channel 7 Sydney is down from about 20 seconds to about 6 seconds (just did a “picture in picture” comparison on my telly since I can get both). BIG improvement, though still a bit behind Nine vs NBN (2 secs) and Ten Syd vs Ten Ncle (4 sec delay).

Promos and PRGs seem nice and clear (they do look like they are HD produced based on what I’ve seen).

Picture quality still seems fine I can’t really detect much difference here from the Canberra playout facility.

The only downside is the 7TWO watermark is much bigger and is also a dark one like the Prime7 one. The old 7TWO watermark was much better.

4 Likes

6 Likes

7TWO supers metro vs Prime

9 Likes

7mate comparison

7 Likes

If you ask me, the stacked version of the 7TWO logo used in the metro version of the PRG/watermark (although I’m not a particular fan of the dark watermark on 7TWO via Prime7 either) looks shocking!

Also rather pointless too, when you consider that 7Flix still runs with the horizontal logo style watermark. 7mate you can perhaps justify (with it’s “HD” watermark addition on LCN-70 in most metro areas), but even then…

3 Likes

I liked the previous horizontal one with the large TWO.

1 Like

The stack versions of the 7 watermarks remind me of the previous regional 7 watermarks does anyone else think the same…