Seven Regional

If it wasn’t for speculation, this would be a very quiet forum.

8 Likes

I wonder if they’ll try to replicate the Prime7 Local News set or come up with something different?

I’d like to think something different, because the current Prime7 Local News set is awful IMO.

4 Likes

Anything’s better than the bus stop they present from now.

3 Likes

I prefer the now older GWN news set and gfx compared to PRIME - less red has been seen at a crime scene

4 Likes

Not a mention of Prime’s new HD channel in the first “Prime7 Insider” email for the year delivered this morning. Have they done anything to promote it to viewers on air? Would people who have been watching Prime on LCN 6 for years even know it exists?

1 Like

1st part no and 2nd part only if they were watching the tennis when it first went to hd on the 15th

Do GWN7 still have sales offices / newsrooms in other regional WA towns?

Yes they do, all across the state.

I think someone posted a cap with a watermark that said that they were also in HD on LCN 60.

This is all they have done to advertise it:

1 Like

Still no mention of it on any of the regular media news sites: Mumbrella, TV Tonight, etc. who posted articles noting the lack of 7flix and HD for Prime viewers.

I think David from TV Tonight covered it in his weekly newsletter.

2 Likes

Has anyone else who still has a MyStar 2 box been able to get Prime HD? I ran a FTA rescan but it hasn’t picked it up.

I don’t think any Foxtel boxes have been updated with Prime HD yet. I was playing around with my brother in laws Foxtel IQ3 box last weekend and noticed you could toggle between the regional and metro signals for LCNs in the terrestrial TV settings (he’s lucky enough to get fortuitous Sydney TV reception because the home is located on a hill south of Wollongong).

On 207, the Seven metro HD channel on Foxtel, changing the setting to regional still resulted in Prime7 mate appearing. I noticed he had all the channels set to the regional stations except he has turned off WIN’s suite of channels in favour of the TEN metro channels. I had a chuckle.

4 Likes

He sounds like a top bloke!

11 Likes

Nothing yet, Foxtel don’t even care about adding 7Flix so hopefully they add Prime HD soon.

1 Like

Today is the first day general programming is being shown on Prime since the switch to HD.

Some caps:

10 Likes

Thanks, I didn’t realise it was up to Foxtel to add the channels. Would have been nice to be able to see the Australian Open in HD. I probably won’t watch Seven again until the AFL Grand Final, hopefully they’ve got it sorted out by then…

Then what has been broadcast on the HD channel since 15 January other than tennis?

Or do you mean the first native HD general programming whereas on launch it was HD tennis and up-converted general programming?

I’m confused…