Prime Media Group

Let’s hope Seven reinstates 30 second local commercials in Regional WA. GWN stopped offering 30’s quite a few years back and only provides 15s.

Also, will Seven’s regional papers and television move into one location? Currently Seven West newspapers are co-located with SCA radio in Northern WA in Broome, Hedland and Geraldton.

I expect after the merger:

PRIME7/GWN7 will be rebranded to 7. Prime Possum/Fat Cat may stay.

7 will make new 15 bulletins from Bendigo, Canberra, Illawarra, and Albany, for VIC, SNSW, ACT, NNSW, and ACT.

Wonder if they just call him Possom

From what I can tell GWN don’t have offices in Karratha, Hedland and Broome. Their website lists Bunbury as the contact for those towns.

In Geraldton, and the towns where GWN and 7West both have their own offices, I imagine it would depend on the space required and available. Their could be some job loses in those markets too which would free up space.

and for Ballarat as well

GWN has offices in Geraldton and Albany. Unsure about Kalgoorlie. Hopefully a Kalgoorlie news reporter is also reinstated.

A shame however that 7 had scrapped the ‘Local News’ branding in regional Queensland. As per the other post, it’ll likely be Seven News (State) and/or (Region Name). Similar to the Seven News Queensland (Region Name) Regional QLD bulletins.

change his name to seven possum lol

1 Like

Seven Sloth

1 Like

What about Seven Victoria? Add Local News Bulletins outside the Border North East Region.

prime 7 and 7 programing from midnight til 5am is totally different i take primes early hour programs will go even if their just teletmarketing bar nbc at 4am which prime dosnt show

prime were just waiting for seven to offer a larger deal lol ten metro should take full control of ten Regional buy them out from southern cross

1 Like

No, GWN7 left their Karratha offices a while back, so us at Ngaarda Media are their stringers

Fat Cat is a Seven Network character, no association with Prime or GWN. I think you mean Doopa Dog, GWN’s mascot. And since Seven Perth have kept Fat Cat’s goodnight segment, it’s possible that they’ll keep Prime Possum and Doopa Dog too.

While we’re on the subject, it would be fun to see Doopa Dog join Fat Cat at the Perth Telethon. See some representation from metro and regional.

2 Likes

I don’t know about that. Sounds like a recipe for disaster! My cat does not get along with my dog at all.

12 Likes

TVW learned the hard way that they can’t forget Fat Cat. Before automation they would sometimes forget to air it and the switchboard would get overloaded with phone calls from angry parents saying to air it so their kids would go to bed. And they would. Even if it was 30 mins late they always made up for it.

It’s awesome they still do it. Nine gave up on Humphrey and Ten killed Kenny Kidna. Bastards.

I am glad to hear GWN still has Doopa Dog. He’s no Fat Cat but he is a country WA icon so they better look after him.

5 Likes

When my cousins were kids back in the 1990’s, they were always told to go to bed when the Fat Cat, Prime Possum, Big Dog etc (they moved houses a lot so would’ve seen them all) said goodnight. Little did they know, my uncle had actually recorded the good night messages on VHS and would play the tape when ever he’d had enough of the kids. I have a feeling Fat Cat may have said goodnight even before 6pm.

10 Likes

My Mum did the same to me when I was younger. Obviously I didn’t know until I was older but I’m still annoyed about it :rofl:

5 Likes

How does your cat and dog get on with your Possum?

1 Like

“We are disappointed in the lack of initiative from the Coalition government and particularly the National Party in responding to these serious public policy failures. You would be aware of the great lengths Prime has gone to over the past seven years in seeking legislative reforms for the regional television sector which would enable us to achieve the necessary scale to compete with digital platforms and network broadcast video-on-demand services.”

Seven and Prime shareholders will vote on the deal in simultaneous extraordinary general meetings on December 23.

2 Likes