Paramount+

Because you would think it would go to Foxtel.

Money talks though - Paramount must’ve offered them a too good of a deal to ignore

2 Likes

Wouldn’t that be Disney + or a Seven platform?

1 Like

Fox Entertainment does not equal Foxtel.
Fox Corporation Fox Corporation - Wikipedia, spun out of what was left of 21st Century Fox after Disney swallowed up a chunk of their assets, owns Fox entertainment including the Fox (US) stations that this was made for.
Disney has nothing to do with this ‘new’ Fox, and neither does Foxtel really (aside from the Murdoch ownership) which falls under News Corp News Corp - Wikipedia

3 Likes

Another new drama for P+ based in Sydney.

Funding announcement:

North Shore

A six-part crime thriller for Paramount (Australia/NZ) created by Mike Bullen (Cold Feet ) and directed by Gregor Jordan (Two Hands) with writing from Marcia Gardner (The Doctor Blake Mysteries). Set on and around Sydney Harbour, this series follows the clash of cultures when British and Australian detectives team up to solve a complex murder mystery, and uncover a conspiracy with international political consequences. Produced by Beach Road Pictures, North Shore is financed with support from Screen NSW. It is also produced in association with ITV Studios who handle international distribution.

1 Like

Looks good to me

1 Like

This does sound right up my alley.

See I wasn’t going to watch it (cos I thought from the promos that it looked cheap and tacky) but I was at a friend’s place this weekend who insisted that I stayed and watched the first episode with them. I’m now 4 episodes in and loving it. I think it’s one of the better Aussie reality shows. Every episode so far has just gotten better and better.

I like the slow pace. It feels more old school reality where you get to know the contestants. I can see why it wouldn’t work on FTA for that reason. The casting is very different to typical reality shows these days too. I feel fully invested in this now and can’t wait to see how it plays out.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for the final episode.

How many episodes of The Bridge are there?

2 Likes

Friday 9 September.

Now I’ve caught up and am hanging for the finale. This is one of the best Aussie reality shows in years IMO.

2 Likes

The finale of The Bridge Australia will stream tomorrow (Friday).

1 Like

Tulsa King. Streaming Exclusively On Paramount+ From Monday, 14 November.

Teaser Trailer For Original Series Tulsa King, Starring Academy Award® Nominee Sylvester Stallone.

Paramount+ has released the teaser trailer for the upcoming original series Tulsa King, starring Academy Award® nominee Sylvester Stallone. Creator and Academy Award nominee Taylor Sheridan serves as executive producer alongside Academy Award nominee and Emmy Award® winner Terence Winter (The Sopranos, The Wolf of Wall Street), who also serves as showrunner and writer. Produced by MTV Entertainment Studios and 101 Studios, Tulsa King, will premiere with two episodes on Monday, 14 November on Paramount+, with new episodes available to stream weekly on Mondays.

Tulsa King follows New York mafia capo Dwight “The General” Manfredi (Stallone) just after he is released from prison after 25 years and unceremoniously exiled by his boss to set up shop in Tulsa, Okla. Realising that his mob family may not have his best interests in mind, Dwight slowly builds a crew from a group of unlikely characters, to help him establish a new criminal empire in a place that to him might as well be another planet.

The series also stars Andrea Savage (I’m Sorry), Max Casella (The Tender Bar), Martin Starr (Silicon Valley), Domenick Lombardozzi (The Irishman), Vincent Piazza (Boardwalk Empire), Jay Will (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel), A.C. Peterson (Superman & Lois) with Garrett Hedlund (The United States vs. Billie Holiday) and Dana Delany (Body of Proof).

The series is executive produced by Taylor Sheridan, Terence Winter, Sylvester Stallone, David C. Glasser, Ron Burkle, Bob Yari, David Hutkin, Allen Coulter and Braden Aftergood.

Celebrate Star Trek Day With Exclusive AR Delta Portal Experience In Federation Square, Melbourne.

Paramount+ Is The Home Of The Star Trek Universe.

To celebrate Star Trek Day, Paramount+ is providing fans across the world with a one-of-a-kind opportunity to explore the world of Star Trek with an interactive, augmented reality portal experience.

From today, Thursday, 8 September and tomorrow Friday, 9 September fans in Australia can transport into the world of Star Trek with the debut of the Star Trek Augmented Reality Delta Portals. Three seven-foot Delta Portals will stand exclusively in the Atrium of Melbourne’s iconic Federation Square, from 9am to 5pm across the two days, offering fans a unique portal experience into the worlds of Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Prodigy and Star Trek: Strange New Worlds.

Operating with QR code functionality, as fans scan the code via Instagram, they will initiate the augmented reality experience, featuring fully 3D alien planets, classic starships and iconic characters as they interact with both the virtual and physical worlds.

On September 8, 1966, Star Trek debuted for the first time on television with The Man Trap, the pilot episode of Star Trek: The Original Series. On that day, Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry introduced audiences to a world that championed diversity, inclusion, acceptance and hope. 56 years later, Paramount+ honours this important day and the franchise’s enduring legacy with annual Star Trek Day celebration, providing fans with a memorable way to enjoy and celebrate all things Star Trek.

Fans can continue the celebrations for Star Trek Day and join superfans from around the world for a global live-streamed Star Trek Day celebration on Thursday, 8 September at 12 noon Pacific Time/ 3pm Eastern Time (Friday, 9 September at 5am AEST*). Live from the Skirball Cultural Centre in Los Angeles, Calif., Star Trek Day will feature back-to-back, in-person conversations with cast members from the Star Trek Universe, along with exciting announcements and reveals throughout.

Hosted by Tawny Newsome (Star Trek: Lower Decks, Space Force) and Paul F. Tompkins (Star Trek: Lower Decks, BoJack Horseman) with Jackie Cox (Rupaul’s Drag Race) and Mary Chieffo (Star Trek: Discovery), the event day celebrations will also include live music by Reggie Watts, comedy by Brain Posehn and the cast members from Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Lower Decks, Star Trek: Prodigy and Star Trek: Strange New Worlds.

Fans worldwide will be able to live-stream the Star Trek Day celebration for free at StarTrek.com/Day and on YouTube (Paramount+ and Star Trek Official pages), Facebook (@StarTrek), Twitter (@StarTrekonPPlus) and TikTok (@ParamountPlus).

A mountain of Star Trek now is now available to stream on Paramount+, including exclusive series: Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Strange New Worlds and Star Trek: Prodigy, plus a selection of Star Trek films.

https://twitter.com/ParamountPlusAU/status/1567715410317049856?s=20&t=IsAnUhSZBdvLrU_rXWE4cw

The Delta portals as displayed at Federation Square (from the venue’s FB page):