Paramount+

No one probably cares as I’m so late to the party but recently got Paramount+ so I could finally watch Dexter New Blood (and have plans to watch Five Bedrooms and Why Women Kill soon too).

The content of the platform seems pretty good and I’m happy with it, but find the whole app just horrible to navigate. I’m accessing via an AppleTV and find it a little slow, accessing episodes feels awkward, the stream seems to buffer and pause for a few seconds before launching into the episode (not my internet or Apple TV), the search function seems clunky to navigate to, it just feels like it needs more refinement.

1 Like

I’m also enjoying 1883, Mayor of Kingstown and Gilded Age. There’s some other good content on there. Shit user interface but good content.

1 Like

Mayor of Kingstown definitely has some appeal as does 1883, but I kinda need to watch Yellowstone first as it’s been on my list for years :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m also watching Yellowstone at the moment. It’s brilliant!!

You don’t need to have watched Yellowstone to watch 1883. Taylor Sheridan has created some really good series. The writing is really sharp.

1 Like

Good to know, figured you might need some background on what Yellowstone is all about to watch but might reconsider esp given it is fresh. I want to do Yellowstone but finding time to commit to the 40/50 episodes that are out is difficult haha.

I’m watching Yellowstone currently, finding it a bit soapy in parts and some of the acting is…not great. But will stick with it as am otherwise enjoying.

1 Like

Yes look it’s a bit of a melodrama and a “saga” in the mould of Dallas and Dynasty. I think the characterization is excellent.

1 Like

Not much is being realeased on pmt+ this month is there

So for the first time it seems South Park is not being fast tracked . Was better off on SBS Viceland at least it was in HD too…

Unless it airs next week on free to air in place of some of the repeats…

2 Likes

Follow The Making Of The Godfather, With The Offer.

Streaming Exclusively On Paramount+ From April 29.

Paramount+ is excited to reveal the trailer for its original limited event series The Offer , premiering exclusively on Friday, 29 April.

The first three episodes of the 10-episode-long series will be available to stream at launch. Following the premiere, the remaining seven episodes will be available to stream weekly on Fridays.

From Paramount Television Studios, The Offer is based on Oscar®-winning producer Albert S. Ruddy’s extraordinary, never-before-seen experiences of making The Godfather .

The series stars Miles Teller as Albert S. Ruddy, Matthew Goode as Robert Evans, Juno Temple as Bettye McCartt, Giovanni Ribisi as Joe Colombo, Dan Fogler as Francis Ford Coppola, Burn Gorman as Charles Bluhdorn, Colin Hanks as Barry Lapidus and Patrick Gallo as Mario Puzo.

The 10-episode event series is created and written by Oscar® and Emmy-nominated writer Michael Tolkin ( Escape at Dannemora, The Player ) and also written and executive produced by Nikki Toscano ( Hunters ), who also serves as showrunner.

In addition to Tolkin and Toscano, two-time Oscar®-winner Albert S. Ruddy ( Million Dollar Baby, The Longest Yard, Hogan’s Heroes ), Miles Teller, Russell Rothberg and Leslie Greif serve as executive producers on the series alongside Dexter Fletcher ( Rocketman ), who also directed the first block of the series.

We Need To Talk About Cosby.

Available To Stream On Paramount+ From Sunday, 6 February.

Streaming on Paramount+ from Sunday, 6 February, is We Need To Talk About Cosby; a revealing four-part documentary series from writer/director W. Kamau Bell offering a deeply personal exploration of Bill Cosby’s descent from “America’s Dad” to alleged sexual predator.

Exploring the complex story of Cosby’s life and work, Bell invites comedians, educators, journalists and Cosby survivors to have a refreshingly candid, first of its kind conversation about the man, his career and his crimes.

Bell takes an unfiltered look at his legacy and the unexpected ramifications for an industry that enabled him.

The Marfa Tapes: Jack Ingram, Miranda Lambert And Jon Randall.

Streaming On Paramount+ From February 20.

The Marfa Tapes: Jack Ingram, Miranda Lambert and Jon Randall will premiere on Sunday, 20 February on Paramount+, following the broadcast on FOXTEL’s Country Music Channel Australia on Saturday ,19 February at 11.00am.

The documentary film will offer viewers a rare glimpse inside the making of the 2021 album of the same name, which was recently nominated for Best Country Album at the 64th annual GRAMMY Awards®.

Directed by Spencer Peeples and featuring live performances set against the backdrop of West Texas, The Marfa Tapes: Jack Ingram, Miranda Lambert and Jon Randall also features candid interviews and behind-the-scenes footage captured during a five-day album recording session in November 2020. Barely a dot on the map, Marfa is an eccentric outpost in the midst of a vast expanse of nothingness, the perfect place to lose—or find—yourself. For Lambert, Randall and Ingram, it’s both. For more than half a decade, the desolate location has become a songwriting haven for the trio, yielding both massive hits and profound personal growth.

Recorded raw and loose with just a pair of microphones and acoustic guitars, The Marfa Tapes: Jack Ingram, Miranda Lambert and Jon Randall is a stunning work of audio verité, an intimate, unadorned snapshot of a moment in time fueled by love, trust and friendship. The trio recorded much of the album outdoors, inviting the ambient sounds of the desert to seep into their live, bare-bones performances, and the atmosphere is utterly transportive. The result is a candid, unvarnished look at Lambert, Randall and Ingram’s undeniable chemistry in its purest, most honest form.

Internationally Renowned Musician Troye Sivan Stars In New Coming Of Age Feature Film For Paramount+.

Three Months. Streaming On Paramount+ From Tuesday, 1 March.

Paramount+, the streaming service from ViacomCBS, today announced that Three Months , a feature film produced by MTV Entertainment Studios starring Troye Sivan ( Boy Erased ), will begin streaming on Tuesday, 1 March.

With a magnetic performance by Sivan, who also wrote two original songs for the film, Three Months is a coming-of-age comedy-drama that tells the story of Caleb, a South Florida teen who loves his camera, his weed and his grandmother. On the eve of his high school graduation, everything changes when he’s exposed to HIV. While he waits three months for his results, Caleb finds love in the most unlikely of places.

The film also stars Viveik Kalra ( Blinded by the Light ), Emmy®-nominated Brianne Tju ( Light as a Feather, I Know What You Did Last Summer ), Academy Award® winner Ellen Burstyn ( The Exorcist, Interstellar ), Judy Greer ( Archer, Halloween ) Javier Munoz ( In the Heights, Hamilton ), Academy Award® winner Louis Gossett, Jr. ( Watchmen, An Officer and a Gentleman ), and Amy Landecker ( Transparent, Dan in Real Life ).

Written, directed and executive produced by Jared Frieder in his directorial debut, Three Months is produced by Academy Award® nominee Daniel Dubiecki and Lara Alameddine of The Allegiance Theater ( Juno, Up in the Air, Cries from Syria ) and Alex Motlagh of POPFilms. Executive producers are Tim Crane for The Allegiance Theater and Trevor Rose and Pamela Post for MTV Entertainment Studios. Margaret Goodman also serves as co-producer for MTV.

1 Like

Some good gets on there. The “We need to talk about Cosby” is the one that i am interesting in seeing :slight_smile:

According to them on Twitter South Park Ep 1 and 2 air here on…Feb 25 !

Stupid delay !

Good to know even in the age of digital distribution that Australia still has to wait for content.

1 Like

Though it’s only available on Comedy Central in the US? Not on Paramount + or HBO Max?

Episodes come out on HBO Max the day after broadcast.

1 Like