Paramount+

Maybe you… but the general public are not going to be enticed to pay $8.50 for repeats of Bold & The Beautiful.

1 Like

I wonder if they will have every season of Spongebob. I’m thinking perhaps not.

Why wouldn’t they? It’d be a huge selling point. If all the eps are on Ten, surely that means VIAC has the rights here in Australia, thus P+AU has the rights surely?

1 Like

Streaming rights different to broadcast rights .Aren’t they? I know that by now they are … so maybe it won’t be all on there… have to wait and see I guess.

Amazon has only Seasons 1 and 2 and Stan has Seasons 8-11.

As it has been mentioned many times to you, yes.

1 Like

Sorry i wrote that wrong, I was replying to the post above saying that because Ten aired it that Paramount Plus would have it all. and questioning what they said

I know by now the difference that rights are different …

And until the content is there, the price should be lowered substantially.
ViacomCBS should look at the Australian price for Amazon Prime membership.

$4.92 for Prime if you work it out per month on an annual plan. So PPlus should be $4.99 or 5.99 and $8.99 is still too expensive?

Assuming there won’t be any 4K content , when the Showtime stuff moves from Stan.

Yes $9/mo is too much right now.

Once they get all the ViacomCBS content on-board then they could raise the price.
Look at what Disney+ did; the price started lower until they added their ‘Star’ content.

$5/mo would give P+ a chance to add subscribers, and hope that not many cancel their subscription when the price increases.

1 Like

I think Apple TV + is $7.99 a month so this puts it more expensive than Apple. Apple has a yearly option too I forget how much it is I think it’s $79.99

Britbox is $8.99 a month though/89.99 a year.

Yes, but to be fair Apple TV+ still doesn’t have very much content, and most of their subscribers haven’t paid directly for the service, but got it free when they bought an iPhone or iPad.

2 Likes

Apple really is rubbish. I have it for free and have not watched it once.

Britbox hasn’t got a large catalogue either and they want $8.99 a month.

I don’t know why they don’t bring in a cheaper ad supported tier here for Paramount Plus.

Isn’t the ad market in the toilet at the moment? Might have something to do with it.

We don’t really know how much content of interest there will actually be at launch. Although I agree it probably should be a few dollars cheaper, $9/month really isn’t a huge expense.

2 Likes

The ad supported service will probably be reserved for a local version of Pluto TV, I’m guessing.

ViacomCBS’ soon-to-launch US streaming service Paramount+ could use popular A-League and W-League football games to spearhead its entry into the crowded Australian streaming market.

Industry sources familiar with the broadcast talks, who spoke anonymously for confidentiality reasons, said Network Ten is one of two primary contenders for the broadcast rights to the A-League and W-League, which are likely to be settled this week after a lengthy negotiation period.

The sources said Ten has tabled the highest bid thus far for the A-League and W-League - more than $20 million. If successful, it would become the first local rights deal to be struck by Ten for Paramount+, which has made football a cornerstone of its offering in the United States

4 Likes

I really hope Ten and Paramount+ get this.

Where are those who said ten are out of sport?

3 Likes

Well they are out of sport, just look at their schedule.

But plans and strategies can change, especially when it comes to streaming and maximizing rights deals to include both FTA and SVOD.

7 Likes

This is the sort of deal I was pushing for them to do with cricket or rugby

2 Likes