Paramount+

Love the slogan, “A Mountain of Entertainment”. But the name is just uncreative. We already have Disney+ (amd Apple TV+), why give their service such a similar name?

3 Likes

ViacomCBS Unveils New Brand For Transformed 10 All Access And Global SVOD Services: Paramount+

• 10 All Access to be rebranded as Paramount+ in 2021.
  • ViacomCBS’ global subscription video on-demand services will also carry the Paramount+ name.
  • Rebranded service to feature Original series Lioness , from Creator Taylor Sheridan, First Ladies and The Offer .

ViacomCBS Australia & New Zealand today announced its subscription video on-demand and live streaming service, 10 All Access , will be rebranded as Paramount+ in 2021.

ViacomCBS global subscription video on-demand services will also be named Paramount+, establishing one cohesive global consumer brand that illustrates the breadth of content and genres these services provide under the banner of one of Hollywood’s most storied legacies.

David Lynn, President and CEO, ViacomCBS Networks International (VCNI), said: “With the global launch of Paramount+ we are poised to become as powerful a player in streaming as we are in TV. VCNI is focused on building a meaningful, global brand presence in our key markets, generating material advertising, subscription and licensing revenue from streaming.

“By leveraging the iconic Paramount brand, leading edge infrastructure from ViacomCBS along with an incredible, super-sized pipeline of must-see content, Paramount+ will deliver an exceptional consumer entertainment experience and significantly disrupt the streaming industry.”

Chief Content Officer & Executive Vice President of ViacomCBS Australia & New Zealand, Beverley McGarvey, said: “The rebrand of 10 All Access to Paramount+ confirms its place in ViacomCBS’ global streaming network which will carry iconic ViacomCBS library content.

“As we continue to build out our multi-platform offering and with a firm focus on building our streaming offering, we’re really thrilled to be bringing the Paramount+ brand to local audiences.”

Today, ViacomCBS also revealed plans for three new original series for Paramount+ in Australia. Lioness , a spy drama created by Taylor Sheridan (“Yellowstone”) with Sheridan, Jill Wagner, David Glasser, David Hutkin, and Bob Yari set to executive produce. Based on a real CIA program, Lioness follows a young Marine recruited to befriend the daughter of a terrorist to bring the organization down from within. The series will mark the first original for Paramount Television on the service.

Paramount+ will be the exclusive home of SHOWTIME premieres, including the hour-long drama First Ladies , starring and executive produced by Oscar®, Emmy® and Tony® winner Viola Davis winner Viola Davis, who will play former first lady Michelle Obama.

The service has also ordered The Offer , a scripted series from Paramount Television Studios based on Oscar®-winning producer Al Ruddy’s extraordinary, never revealed experiences of making “The Godfather.”

The 10-episode limited event series is written and executive produced by Michael Tolkin (“Escape at Dannemora” and “The Player”). Ruddy will also serve as executive producer and Emmy-winning producer Leslie Greif (“Hatfields & McCoys”) will executive produce and be a writer on the series.

This programming will join 10 All Access’ existing offering of more than 10,000 episodes and movies from CBS, CW and Network 10, as well as original series like The Good Fight , The Twilight Zone , Tooning Out The News , Interrogation , Why Women Kill and Tell Me A Story .

2 Likes

Here it begins, Channel 10 beginning to lose their identity…

Just all it CBS Australia. Or CBS10. Or Paramount10. Or UPN10. Or The Paramount Network. Or UPN Australia. Or a delicious roast chicken. Or an attack helicopter. :rofl:

5 Likes

No mention of live sports or breaking news featuring on Paramount+ in that ViacomCBS ANZ media release, unlike the American release. Not surprising really.

1 Like

Or ElCapitanCranky TV :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I can’t see that happening here. And TBH, ViacomCBS made the fatal mistake, at least for me, of making the CBSN content freely available via the CBS News app on Android, Android TV and my Xbox One. Not that I’d consider it premium content, but I’ve seen ads promoting that stuff as being exclusive to 10 All Access.

Has ViacomCBS even considered getting access to WIN’s Crawford archives? Wouldn’t be a bad add-on. Physical media is dying in the arse, would be a somewhat prudent move for Brucey Boy.

2 Likes

So a name change , new look , addition of Showtime ? and that 's it really, maybe addition of movies ? Pretty sure tv shows rights are with others …

1 Like

How so?
Nine owns Stan and we don’t see anyone complain about them losing their identity?

3 Likes

I think you’ve underestimated how much additional content Viacom has brought to the table for this service.

As the video shows Paramount, MTV, Comedy Channel, Nickelodeon, BET, Smithsonian Channel plus content from VH1, other regions when it launches and some new original programming.

Of course it remains to be seen whether we will get sporting and news content down under (news maybe), but this will significantly bolster the library of the current service in Australia.

Edit:

Funnily enough, an Australian company called Paramount Training and Development already secured the @paramountplus twitter handle earlier last year and have the local domain name also.

https://twitter.com/paramountplus?s=21

2 Likes

The biggest hit to 10’s identity was when WIN became their affiliate. Suddenly across a large part of the country the Ten brand virtually disappeared.

The Paramount+ name & logo strike me as out of place, even jarring. I love the Paramount brand for the movie studio, but not for the streaming service (and I agree with those that have pointed out the + is being used too much already).
I much preferred the CBS brand, and while CBS/10 All Access needs a big change, removing the CBS part of the name seems just like Viacom trying to minimise the CBS brand just to show they’ve taken over, and they just dug around in their existing trademarks portfolio for something.

1 Like

Is it clear whether shows from all of those ViacomCBS channels will be added to the Australian version of Paramount+? It seems like from the press release TV Cynic posted that the only difference between 10 All Access’ and Paramount+ are the additions of Paramount+ originals and new Showtime shows

1 Like

An interesting read.

https://www.viacomcbs.com/news/content-and-experiences/behind-the-paramount-brand-name-and-logo

3 Likes

Interesting, “Local Australian originals” for Paramount+.

1 Like

Hopefully the get the reboot limited season of Dexter.

Hope it works better than the abysmal 10 All Access (and 10 Play for that matter).

3 Likes

Don’t count on it.

2 Likes

It’d be like repainting a turd.

5 Likes

Does 10 all access already have mtv content on there?

1 Like

Not yet, you can check here on the shows page.