Olympics Coverage - History

The Tokyo 2020 Have recently announced the two new mascots for the Olympic and Paralympic Games.

4 Likes

Paralympics

3 Likes

It really annoys the OCD in me that they have used the stacked version of the 7mate logo rather than the single line so it looked balanced next to the 7plus logo.

5 Likes

What’s the use of Paralympic Games broadcast rights if Seven does not use them properly? Not only it forces viewers until Saturday morning to see highlights of tonight’s Pyeongchang Winter Games opening ceremony, it won’t stream the event live on 7plus. And since Seven has the broadcast rights we can’t watch the live streaming of the event on YouTube. When the ABC had the rights the YouTube streaming was also available in Australia. It’s just not fair!

It’s on YouTube, if you can get around the geoblocking.

4 Likes

Watching now

3 Likes

Fine on my phone and laptop, but will not Chromecast.

what youtube channell?

The Olympic Channel or Paralympics Channel.

This is the link, but if your ip address is in Australia and some other countries it is blocked.

TVNZ also has a lot of Paralympic coverage if you’re able to access it

Channel 4 UK, if you can get the stream.

Emma Davenport (reporter from recent Winter Olympics coverage) is host of Paralympics highlights show. Matt Carmichael from Seven News Sydney is in Pyeongchang.

1 Like

Anyway to watch the opening ceremony in full now it’s been on

Caps:

3 Likes

Day 1:

2 Likes

Highlights as seen on air on 7Plus website: Paralympics: Watch & Stream 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games | 7plus

1 Like

Day 2 live on Channel 4 UK.

2 Likes

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/winter-olympics/australian-viewers-missed-out-on-seeing-simon-patmores-recordbreaking-effort-at-the-winter-paralympics-live-because-channel-7-didnt-show-it/news-story/8f8683c25b9d37434ed03e45dd0e8a20?utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=EditorialSF&utm_source=CourierMail&utm_medium=Twitter

News Corp is slamming 7 for not showing the Paralympics live

5 Likes

I also notice complaints on social media have been growing since Simon Patmore won gold yesterday. Hopefully the Australian Paralympic Committee (which I believe manages the Paralympics broadcast rights here) will finally take notice.

1 Like