Olympics Coverage - History

I’m assuming that this is also from Melbourne?

1 Like

Revised program for Saturday 24 February.

• Aussie bobsledders take to the track
  • Men’s snowboard big air gold medal up for grabs
  • Ester Ledecka set to create history by winning a Ski and Snowboard Gold Medal at the same Olympics in the Parallel Giant Slalom

1 Like

Looks like Basil might have popped back to Australia for a bit of Weekend Sunrise hosting this morning, then back on a plane to Seoul for some more commentary :grin: :snowboarder:

10 Likes

So doesn’t it mean Basil & Jacqui doing closing ceremonies or Hamish and eddy covering the events for tomorrow night?

2 Likes

Nothing official received regarding Paralympics yet.

FTA broadcasts scheduled so far:

Saturday 10 March

One hour highlights package
7Mate 11:00 AM
7Two 11:30 PM Rpt
Main Channel 12:25 AM (Sunday morning) Rpt

1 Like

Looks like Australian viewers will have to rely on live streaming on 7plus/7Olympics app or YouTube’s Paralympics channel for extended live coverage of Pyeongchang Winter Paralympic Games.

1 Like

That is the coverage.
https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1059501/seven-network-to-broadcast-coverage-in-australia-of-pyeongchang-2018-winter-paralympics

1 Like

A one hour highlights program repeated twice is better than nothing, but Seven are effectively hoarding the rights. Why buy the rights to these games if they are going to only show about 40 mins a day.

4 Likes

Mel McLaughlin left her hosting duties early today just after 2PM AEDT and Jason Richardson is now hosting coverage this afternoon rather than Edwina Bartholomew on the final day of the Winter Olympics so Mel can get ready to host part of the Closing Ceremony coverage tonight, as she told viewers before she left. I assume Hamish and Edwina will also be involved in the hosting of the Closing Ceremony coverage too in some way.

Mel McLaughlin & Jason Richardson are hosting the pre-Closing Ceremony coverage.

1 Like

3 Likes

There is one more event ongoing during the final day (ladies’ 30km mass start classic in cross-country skiing) but it is not shown live on 7mate. It is only available on 7Olympics app.

Seven couldn’t have scripted the timing this afternoon any better if they tried. Ice Hockey gold medal match ran into overtime - the winning goal came 2 minutes before Syd/Mel needed to go to news.

4 Likes

But wait, @JohnsonTV, are there any Australians taking part in the 30km ladies cross country race?

1 Like

I was beginning to wonder what would happen if it did go over 6PM AEDT since coverage was not scheduled to carry over to 7mate then; it was scheduled to end then everywhere…

It doesn’t matter if any Australians are taking part, since it is the final event of the Games it deserves live TV coverage.

UPDATE: Australia’s Jessica Yeaton finished 42nd in the 30km ladies cross country race, won by Norway’s Marit Bjørgen. Bjørgen’s victory means Norway has topped the medal table with 14 gold, 14 silver and 11 bronze.

4 Likes

Closing ceremony countdown:

3 Likes

Perth have live coverage on mate and full replay on 7

1 Like

using the world feed for the closing ceremonies so I don’t have to to put up with Hamish McLachlan and Edwina talking over the top.

2 Likes

Telecast finished at 12:10am (AEDT)

1 Like

I was watching via CBC feed from Canada like what I did since the Opening Ceremony