Olympics Coverage - History

Okay, so I think we’ve determined the commentators aren’t in South Korea.

Jason Richardson & Michael Kennedy legit in a snow storm… :fearful::snowman_with_snow::snowflake::cloud_with_snow:

Feel for those in the sub zero temps!

2 Likes

Bad luck to Britt Cox and Jakara Anthony.

What am epic Moguls final, broke some records.

First to have 2 19 y/o competing together in final 6, plus first ever having two Aussies in final 6 :australia:

Great viewing!

3 Likes

He’s commentating for the world feed so would be in the IBC in PyeongChang.

1 Like

You’d think Seven would have given any on air people a heads up perhaps not to be on SM if they arent in Korea…

1 Like

Eurosport promo - this is how you do it

Revised program for today Monday 12 February.

• Mogul King Aussie Matt Graham aims for GOLD in Men’s Moguls
  • Emily Arthur and Holly Crawford ready to shred in the opening round of Women’s Snowboard Halfpipe
  • Don’t miss the world’s best Slalom skier Mikaela Shiffrin

Next week

1 Like

Or to turn their location off!
I guess it’s difficult for those with young kids that are covering stuff for 7 to not be seen at school etc.
I’m sure I read earlier here than someone had seen Donegan doing his groceries whilst ‘in Rio for 7’.
I’m not sure why Networks can’t be more open and acknowledge that they haven’t sent everyone overseas. Doesn’t phase me where they call from and having people on the ground doing crosses and interviews is sufficient really. Viewers aren’t morons, not sure why we are treated as such.

4 Likes

Bingo - most events would be called off screen at the venue anyway, so it’s not a big issue (I imagine that most information to commentators is fed electronically from the hosts now too)

2 Likes

Yep. Intranet style results and information websites which are accessible worldwide or from certain allowed IP addresses.

I think the only sport the world feed actually calls from the venue and not the IPC is boxing.

Would soccer not be called from the venue? (and Rugby 7s for that matter)

[quote=“cmo, post:1523, topic:627, full:true”]
And it’s streamed for all to see in the US. [/quote]

Only those who have a pay television subscription that is! All US networks require this to access their on-demand streaming services.

Another image of Seven’s Winter Olympics operations area.

So in Australia? Or Pyeongchang?

The other two men next to Basil are Seven Sport statisticians.

1 Like

Now, inevitably, the notion of Australia as a bona fide Winter Olympic competitor has not merely informed but overwhelmed the Seven coverage …

Much has been made of the appearance of the North Korean cheerleaders … But they have nothing on the cheerleaders in the Seven commentary team whose assessment of the many judged events, including the moguls, seems based as much on a competitor’s passport as her performance.

But so heavily is Seven leaning on pre-produced packages of athletes back stories to tug the heartstrings and create melodrama you could be forgiven for thinking this was an episode of My Bobsled Team Rules, not an international sporting event.

2 Likes

Didn’t someone say last night

???

1 Like

Why can’t I cast from my phone to Chromecast on the 7 Olympic app? I was able to cast from my phone to chromecast when the tennis was on using the 7 Tennis app. However I can cast from my laptop (using the Chrome browser) to Chromecast on the 7 Olympic website.

For world feed, I don’t think so.

They make a good point

In Melbourne, there’s SIX transmitted channels from Seven.

They’d better make the Gold Coast 2018 Comm Games the best coverage we’ve ever seen :neutral_face:

More:

4 Likes

From what I’ve seen in the promos it will be shown on 7 & 7Two. I don’t think it will be like the Ten levels we saw back in 2014.

Are the Daily Mail dumb?

They keep saying Edwina was calling the [flag bearing] with Basil during the Opening Ceremony and that’s been copping heaps of criticism.

That was Jacqui Cooper! :roll_eyes: So unfair to Eddy.

I recall Rio 2016 having Ch 7, 7Two & 7mate in use?