Olympics Coverage - History

The only thing that is escalating is Trump’s political desperation…

1 Like

So Kim Jong-un’s threat to unleash missile strikes on Guam is all hot air? I don’t think you grasp the seriousness of the situation if you think Trump’s rhetoric is simply “political desperation”.

6 Likes

Um, yes.

Kim has a good thing going for himself in the North Korea right now. The best outcome for him is to maintain the status quo which means doing just enough to keep his people impressed at his almighty power and strength but without doing too much as to give the US an excuse to blow him to pieces.

And I don’t think you realise how desperate Trump is to find a strong, unifying issue that will attract the almost unanimous support of the US population to help bolster himself politically.

I’d suggest that North Korea today poses about as much a military threat to the rest of the world as Iraq did back in 2003.

2 Likes

So we have an evil despot making threats nobody is sure he can carry out, not just against the US, and you assert the reason for Trump’s tough talking response is to bolster himself politically. Just two mad men having a pissing contest. My mind is at ease. I no longer have any concern that the Winter Olympics will go ahead.

1 Like

The Olympics should go ahead. South Korea has spent 7 years preparing to host the Games

Well yeah. Which is a good reason to be worried about the event.

1 Like

North Korea has been a threat since 1953, and recently in the past few decades, a global threat. Nothing New.

Former 2UW and Channel Ten reporter Mike Tancred is leaving his media job at the AOC. There should be a more calm relationship between the media and the AOC, you would hope.

do we know if foxtel will have a multi channel offering?

Do they have the rights with Seven? Cause Seven did the Last ones on the channels 7 by themselves.

1 Like

I would think not as I’m pretty sure ch7 have the rights once again

2 Likes

Channel 7 have the rights for the next few Olympics I think - with options for the next few after that if they choose to action that.

Foxtel won’t get any unless 7 chooses to onsell some of the rights which I doubt they will considering they can make all the profits themselves.

6 Likes

Pop-Up Graphic for the 2018 Winter Olympics during tonight’s AFL coverage:

I wonder how long it’ll take for Seven to heavily use the “7 Olympics” logo again?

5 Likes

AFL Grand Final day would the ‘logical’ time/place for not only for it to return but for Olympics promotion to start ramping up

4 Likes

In late July, the Australian Olympic Committee lost its fight in the Federal Court to stop Telstra running these ads. The AOC then appealed and more than a year later, the appeal was dismissed by the court today, however the organisation warned it would continue to aggressively protect its rights in the courts.

The full judgment can be found at Federal Court website

2 Likes

Pyeongchang 2018

5 Likes

New Pyeongchang Winter Olympics promo

4 Likes

I see Hamish is involved again…

Instant Switch Off

5 Likes

NBC will for the first time be showing the prime time Winter Olympics coverage live across all US time zones. Also, NBC be live streaming four channels, and live streaming all competition plus some practice sessions.