NRL on Nine

Goes to show how SA’s gambling advertising restrictions are out of sync with other states.

Spidercam
NSW Cam
QLd cam
Try Cam

This is the alternate camera angles that people can stream live so I don’t have to listen to Gus and Rabs as well as putting up with the pop-up ads on my Screen.

2 Likes

87122 people at the mcg. A good crowd, however it was down From the previous meeting at the mcg

1 Like

That’s not necessarily a bad thing…

3 Likes

No stream during the break.

1 Like

South Australia appear to be ahead of the game. Think I’m right in saying live odds have been banned but the bookmakers still run these spots to drive web traffic, hardly anything has changed.

3 Likes

I’m not against sports betting, but I think limiting the advertising is a really good thing - other states should follow SAs lead here

7 Likes

Which is a lost source of revenue.

ROUND 14:

A battle of wits between two super coaches headlines the Round 14 NRL action on Nine’s Wide World of Sports with the mouth-watering Sunday afternoon match-up between the Storm and Broncos, LIVE and FREE on Nine.

But first, viewers will hop into Friday Night Football tonight when the in-form Rabbitohs travel to the Gold Coast to take on the Titans. The Rabbitohs are now serious premiership contenders after a run of impressive victories with and without their star players in recent weeks.

Ryan Girdler from The Footy Show said: “An interesting match-up that is levelled out with the Rabbitohs having question marks over their four Origin representatives and whether they will play. They proved last week that they have supreme depth this season, with their younger and less experienced crop impressing many in a gutsy win against the Sharks.

“The Titans depend heavily on the creativity of Ash Taylor with his kicking, passing and running game. They have been patchy at best in 2018 with their defence coming under scrutiny at different stages. They go into this one as outsiders but will be up for a fight on home turf against the Bunnies.”

Sunday Football pits the Melbourne Storm with a fresh Cameron Smith lining up after unusually not having to back up from Origin against the Broncos. Injured Storm fullback Billy Slater joins the pre-game panel ahead of a big afternoon of footy on the Wide World of Sports.

Nine rugby league expert, Darren Lockyer, said: “For the Broncos, having Josh McGuire back is a huge bonus. The Broncos have some good young and dynamic forwards but it’s McGuire and his leadership that holds their forward pack together. I think the confidence Andrew McCullough will get off the back of Origin will help them as well, and he will be excited for a battle with the best dummy half in the game, Cameron Smith.

“Playing the Storm at home in Melbourne is a tough proposition for any team let alone one with a rested Cameron Smith. They were too good for the Broncos in round seven but coach Craig Bellamy won’t be allowing for any complacency in their disciplined culture when he takes on his former teacher, Wayne Bennett.”

Broadcast Times

Tonight, Friday 8 June
Titans vs Rabbitohs

Sydney 7.30pm LIVE on Nine
Brisbane 7.30pm LIVE on Nine
Melbourne 7.30pm LIVE on 9GEM
Adelaide 7.00pm LIVE on 9GEM
Perth 5.30pm LIVE on 9GEM

Sunday 10 June
Storm vs Broncos

Sydney 3.00pm LIVE on Nine
Brisbane 3.00pm LIVE on Nine
Melbourne 3.00pm LIVE on 9GEM
Adelaide 2.30pm LIVE on 9GEM
Perth 1.00pm LIVE on 9GEM

THE WEEK OF RUGBY LEAGUE ON NINE

FRIDAY:

• FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – Titans vs Rabbitohs, June 8, from 7.30pm AEST on Nine. This week: Paul “Fatty” Vautin, Andrew Johns, Wally Lewis and Darren Lockyer and host James Bracey.

SATURDAY:

• INTRUST SUPER PREMIERSHIP – 1.00pm Saturday, June 9, on Nine in NSW. North Sydney Bears vs Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at North Sydney Oval. Caller Joel Caine will be joined by NRL premiership winner with the Dragons, Jamie Soward, and St George Illawarra Dragons ISP coach Mat Head.

• INTRUST SUPER CUP – 1.00pm Saturday, June 9, on Nine in Queensland. Burleigh Bears vs Northern Pride on the Gold Coast. Scott Sattler will be joined by Ben Dobbin and Peter Psaltis.

SUNDAY:

• SPORTS SUNDAY – Sunday, June 10, at 10.00am AEST, LIVE on Nine. This week: Host Liz Ellis is joined by Peter FitzSimons, Geoff Toovey, Cath Cox and Neil Breen.

• SUNDAY NRL FOOTY SHOW – Sunday, June 10, at 11.00am. Host Peter Sterling will cover all the Round 14 action so far with NSW Blues coach Brad Fittler, Wally Lewis, Geoff Toovey and former Jillaroo, Allana Ferguson.

• SUNDAY FOOTBALL – Storm vs Broncos, Sunday, June 10, at 3.00pm. Ray “Rabs” Warren will have the call when he is joined by Phil Gould, Andrew Johns, Darren Lockyer and Wally Lewis at AAMI Park in Melbourne. Injured Storm fullback Billy Slater joins the pre-game show LIVE.

MONDAY:

• 100% FOOTY – Monday, June 11, 9.45pm, on Nine. 100% Footy is the home of the strongest opinions in rugby league from the people who count. Phil Gould sits down one-on-one with NSW Blues coach Brad Fittler. Plus the regulars: Paul Gallen, Jillaroos star Ruan Sims, journalist Neil Breen and host James Bracey.

** Check local guides for details. Times will differ.

PODCAST – SIX TACKLES WITH GUS

James Bracey discusses the biggest rugby league issues of the week with NRL legend and expert commentator Phil Gould on Six Tackles with Gus.

Looks like Nine have given up on their commitment of airing Storm games on the main channel in Melbourne… that didn’t last long.

Opportunity missed, given there is no AFL on FTA in Victoria this Sunday (the two matches during the day will be on Fox Footy).

4 Likes

Well I guess at least Nine has had a go, which is probably more than can be said for Seven and their coverage of the Sydney and QLD AFL teams on the main channel there.

It will be the first time a rugby league test featuring two Pacific nations is shown on Nine. Last year it was on Fox Sports.
This is the second part of Pacific test doubleheader at Sydney’s Campbelltown Stadium. Papua New Guinea plays Fiji at 4pm AEST, which will be shown exclusively live on Fox League.

3 Likes

I’m actually going to tip Nine will still air Melbourne Storm NRL games on main channel in Melbourne. It’s just that today’s game wasn’t in prime time perhaps? I could be wrong.

And just on today, Ch 9 in Melbourne were just running a 1960s movie.

2 Likes

Is that on the main channel, as opposed to 9GEM?

If so, good on Nine!

Also great to see that they are televising the women’s State Of Origin game at 7:30 on Friday 22nd as well.

its a part of the new NRL TV deal starting this year, where we see Pacific Nation Tests games.

1 Like

The Sunday NRL footy show airs on 9Gem in Victoria as a lead in to the live NRL game. I guess they did not want to mess with that

I’m thinking Nine didn’t want to risk their 6pm News being delayed in Melbourne if the Storm game ran overtime. That would have been disasterous for ratings with regular viewers seeing Rugby League and switching straight to Seven.

6 Likes

Ah, yep, that’ll definitely be it. Although, Seven News is the bulletin that usually dominates Sundays with AFL lead-in (400k+, including last week)

2 Likes

Today’s Storm-Broncos clash did finish late at around 6.02pm AEST.

Re: Tonga v Samoa

Yes it will be on main channel in Sydney and Brisbane.

3 Likes