NRL on Nine

UPDATE: Nine will now televise the Dragons vs Sharks game at Campbelltown Stadium.

3 Likes

Beanies for Brain Cancer

6 Likes

I think there’s just one beanie and they share it around :wink:

2 Likes

They are in cost cutting mode after all.

2 Likes

Nine has dropped their coverage of the NSW Canterbury Cup and Queensland Intrust Super Cup in 2021 and 2022. Neither competition will return this year. Fox Sports will again cover the NSW games next year, with online streaming a possibility for both competitions.

Source: The Sunday Telegraph

6 Likes

The post- game programs on Thursday and Friday have been reduced in length in the latest schedule.

4 Likes

That was a big mistake on Nine’s part. Monday Night Football had seen huge ratings the year before, so why would Nine keep Water Rats at 8.30 instead of what could have been a bigger hit in Super League?

Nine’s team will be calling this afternoon’s Manly-Newcastle match at Brookvale Oval. From commentator Mat Thompson’s Twitter.

First time since Round 1 that match telecast will be hosted at the ground rather than in the studio.

5 Likes

Also means that Ray Warren hasn’t commentated a game this weekend, Peter Psaltis called the Storm-Roosters classic on Thursday night, and Mat Thompson also did Eels-Cowboys on Friday night.

Didn’t Peter Psaltis call the Broncos-Eels game from Suncorp Stadium in round three?

He means Brookvale Oval.

2 Likes

Ahh ok, I was talking about venues in general re:Peter Psaltis.

1 Like

Psaltis called Storm v Roosters on Thursday night.

2 Likes

But the rest of the team was in Sydney.

2 Likes

Phill Gould actually flew up to Brisbane for the Storm Roosters game on Thursday night.

4 Likes

Paul Vautin’s mum died on Friday. Hence Gould’s last minute trip up and roster changes.

3 Likes

Ray Warren returned tonight to call the Rabbitohs-Tigers match at Bankwest Stadium.

3 Likes

Erin Molan, not sure if she’s just having a blonde moment, asked the panel during “Friday Night Knock Off”…

“Do you put your foot on a gear or on a pedal?” when discussing the Tigers big win against the hapless Broncos.

Defintely having off an off night - I think.

She just referred to Gal (Paul Gallen) as Gus (Phil Gould).

1 Like

To be honest, both of them are equally ugly, so easily interchangeable.

I’d still like to give her one. :wink:

3 Likes

It referred to Erin saying “hooka looka mooka hooka fooka” while referencing a previous story discussing the difficulty of pronouncing the names of Pacific Islands players.
2 Likes