Nine Tennis Coverage

Appears to be airing live on ESPN2 all weekend too, thought Prime had exclusive rights to it but anyways.

1 Like

When is Nine showing the highlights? Nothing in the program guide for the next week, so why bother if the highlights are at least a week after the event.

Yes, ESPN2 is showing the Laver Cup live in Australia, according to Foxtel TV guide.

a sign that the warm up events will be on sold to Fox Sports/ESPN/beIN Sports perhaps?

Nine is still the media partner of the Sydney and Brisbane Internationals and the Hopman Cup. No change there.

5 Likes

What about Kooyong Classic? In fact the tournament website and Twitter account have not been updated since January, so I am not sure if the tournament will even go ahead next year.

I dont think anyone will miss it that much if it goes. I hated it when Seven would show a Kooyong exibition match over matches at the Sydney International.

1 Like

The draw for next year’s Davis Cup qualifiers was held during this week. Australia will play Bosnia-Herzegovina for the first time, at home in February 1-2, the weekend after the Australian Open men’s singles final on January 27. The winner will join 11 other countries in the 18-team Davis Cup Finals in Madrid, Spain in late 2019. The plans for the revamped tournament are for a week-long World Cup-style national team event in the current November Davis Cup slot.
The ITF also announced that La Caja Mágica in Madrid would host the Davis Cup Finals in 2019 and 2020.

Waaaaaaaay too loooooong!
And so everything is new and at a new level… well let’s see!?

I think you’ll find that was a presentation video more so than a promo for TV… it was no doubt put together as a pitch video for advertising etc. and then obtaining the rights. Hence the detail and length of it. It’s no doubt being used on air as a filler/promo because it’s available

2 Likes

Tony Jones will do the ground interviews taking over from Basil

New short promo on Australian Open 2019 aired tonight between Nine News and NRL Grand Final coverage.

1 Like

I’m finding these tennis promos from Nine bordering on ridiculous given how long before the coverage begins. Isn’t there something else that Nine could be promoting?

World Cup of Golf? Tour Down Under (if Nine still has the rights)?

The voice of Basil Zempalis featuring heavily in Channel 9’s Tennis promos.

Well, for the people that don’t follow sporting rights on tv that cricket won’t be starting on nine soon because they have the tennis…

3 Likes

Who cares. Nine paid for the Australian Open. They can (and should) promote as they see fit. Especially in Melbourne because Nine no longer have a major sport outside this which is popular in that market.

1 Like

Think Nine needs to promote the tennis more than they probably would in future years just to make people aware that they have the AO & not Seven

3 Likes

Here’s the promo:

3 Likes

Seems like a waste to be promoting it in October. People are going to watch the tennis regardless of these promos.

1 Like