Nine Radio (Talk)

Glad I am not the only one who noticed this today on the media release

1 Like

The grouping is leadingā€¦ radio broadcasters, so no wonder 4BC currently is not included and clearly a huge mistake to include our favourite joke, MSR there.

Spot on. A most peculiar breed in Qld and a different peculiar breed in NSW and Vic, but all pointing to a very problematic future for them unless others join later.

Thereā€™s spin and thereā€™s delusion.

They are quite forgettable stations at present.

1 Like

Any predictions as to where John Stanley may pop up?

I could see him somewhere on 2GB weekends. Similar to when he was doing Weekend Breakfast several years ago on 2UE (from memory when Sarah and Dicko were at Weekday Breakfast).

Or maybe theyā€™re just giving him some leave before they relaunch 2UE? :rofl:

2 Likes

He will be back on 2GB.

2 Likes

It looks like Ray may have to soften his rants on illegal drugs and mental health issues in the coming weeksā€¦

6 Likes

Video of media conference given by Ray Hadley.

In response to sonā€™s arrest for possession of cocain

1 Like
1 Like

2GB covering Rugby League form a south NSW coast Pub. Clever idea, but not sure of their plan B if the Fox Coverage dropped out.

1 Like

Iā€™d be more concerned about the link from Pyrmont to the pub than about the pubā€™s TV failing.

To get ground noise in to the broadcast, Pyrmont would be receiving the direct feed from Fox just as they would for any ā€œinteractive studioā€ call, so the backup plan would be to have whoever is in Pyrmont jump in and take over. James Willis did score updates from Pyrmont for the 3pm game. Possibly the 7:30 commentators are in Pyrmont too.

If the 7:30 game is being called on location at Allianz Stadium, they can access vision of the 5:30 game there so the late game commentators could call from there as well.

ABC had a similar problem last year or the year before where they lost the feed from New Zealand and had to get Andrew Moore to call it off the TV at the venue of the next game until they got the NZ commentary back.

Yeah I was thinking the same.

2 Likes

There was one time wehn there was no power at a dragons match, and ABC took the other game from NZ. Channel Nine then let ABC use their generator to call the game

2 Likes

Which game was Andrew Moore at that day?

Donā€™t remember, sorry. Iā€™m pretty sure he was at a 4pm Sunday game.

i had this on in the car this afternoon and the conversation was - what do you prefer day or night football. meanwhile, whever a team scored in the NRL they would pause the conversation, replay the commentary with the score from the other station and continue the discussion. seemed like a waste of time. just play the entire commentry

1 Like

Fair point, and from a listenerā€™s perspective I agree entirely. The problem is that they only have broadcast rights to the four games they call themselves. The other four games belong to Crocmedia (some of those are sublicenced to Macquarie for live broadcast on Macquarie Sports Radio) and 2GB have news replay rights, which means the Continuous Call Team can play snippets in the guise of ā€œaround the groundsā€ updates in addition to 2GB News using the clips.

Iā€™m sure that distinction is completely lost on the audience though.

purely from a listeners perspective it was distracting. it broke up the conversation (that wasnā€™t that good to begin with) and it made me thinkā€¦ if i wanted to hear this iā€™d switch stations

1 Like

Ray Hadley, policeman son charged with drug possession

This was helpful to remind the public that Ray mentioned he is an ambassador of R U OK Day.

Ray is a person who has made colleagues, very strong and blokey colleagues feel far from ok when heā€™s shouted and demeaned them, with shocking examples caught on tape and verified by fellow staff.

Why would R U OK Day have him as an ambassador?

The board of R U OK Day are responsible for this. They are:

See some familiar names there? No wonder heā€™s an ambassador. Doesnā€™t make it right. Far from OK.

1 Like

I saw this headline on Mumbrella and thought Iā€™d click in for a giggle:

How did we miss discussing this? Because itā€™s an article based on quotes Singo gave The Australian. Now it makes sense.

A total load of bunkum.

Roger Colman is right as much as the latest comment from the dear old lady at the end of the comments.

The fact Singo hasnā€™t left long ago is proof there are no serious investors for a network with serious commercial flaws for its future i.e. vulnerability of talent (Alan, Ross, John, Ray, Neil go, the cash cows are over) and failed strategy of their other network (BH, UE, EE).

Who would want to touch it? Only the dunderheads of the board of Fairfax who have made so many incompetent decisions leading to their own lack of sustainability.

1 Like

With SEN+ launching, no AM music stations. Macquarie would have rocks in their heads not to convert 1278 to a music based personality talk station.

Would cost less than sports, be an actual point of difference and not cannibalise 3AW. Grubby and Dee Dee, other folks who can keep it light and fun for an older audience and play 60s, 70s and 80s music. 3EE - Good Friends and Great Music.

7 Likes

Correct @TVHead, plug the biggest format hole and the one you can extract the most revenue from.

Itā€™s radio, not brain surgery yet MRN donā€™t get it. Typical Fairfax since the all ego no brains family member set it on terminal decline.

4 Likes