Nine Radio (Talk)

They have dropped across the board but if 2UE was still competitive then 2GB would have dropped a lot further and wouldn’t have been on top or anywhere near it. So that’s why I say they sacrificed 2UE and saved 2GB.

I agree that they sacrificed 2UE. It is a shell of its former self. I used to always flick across to 2UE but I have not tried it out for ages.

“Radio Active” More like Nuclear Waste.

2 Likes

Have studies been done to prove that the demise of 2UE/4BH/Magic has led to an increase in ratings of the talk stations?

The results look quite similar to before the change. Not to mention since becoming TL, 2GB was only 0.1 points ahead of smooth.

I’m thinking ex-2UE listeners have probably gone to stations other than 2GB.

There was a reason for those listeners not tuning into 2GB in the first place.

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/NW9KxB8.jpg
(imgur)

1 Like

No election coverage on 4BC? Sport live call instead?

3 Likes

Unbelievable no election results coverage on 4BC. The station really has given up any pretence of being a newstalk station for Brisbane.

6 Likes

Ben Davis last day for 2017 is next Fri 8 Dec.

So there will be no local shifts on 4BC from there on. Disgraceful.

6 Likes

Definitely not a good look for what used to be one of Brisbane’s most listened stations. Why can’t 4BC have fill-ins during summer?

3 Likes

Everyone knows nothing happens in Brisbane from early December until mid January!! :joy::joy:

Seriously, it’s a disgrace that 4BC can’t manage, or can’t be bothered, to pull together one local show a day over summer. Talk about giving the ABC an open goal. I’m sure they could persuade someone from the pre-2GB days to return to the station for a few weeks. Shame there is not a regulation for capital city stations that requires a minimum number of local hours a day.

2 Likes

2GB - 7.30am news bulletin this morning.

One of the last two meaningless quick stories - I am quoting exactly.

“And from today Australian woman can get a 5 year cervical cancer check from their local doctor”

That is the longest medical procedure in history.

2UE news. Sadly missed but never forgotten.

2 Likes

We’ve found the doctor responsible

3 Likes

John-Michael “Hollywood” Howson has been booted from 3AW.

https://www.3aw.com.au/new-look-sunday-mornings-in-2018/

3 Likes

Would be great to see Red Symons join 3AW in some role now, though that isn’t it.

2 Likes

About time.

6 Likes

He has left the ABC, maybe going onto 3AW???

1 Like

I don’t think Red has it in him to give away a dozen hams each shift.

1 Like

Deborah Knight will be on afternoons on 2GB from tomorrow until 15 December, while Alan Jones impersonator Chris Smith fills in for Alan Jones.

3 Likes

Well I suppose all the ex-2UE fill ins need to go somewhere over summer.

Any word on Bill Woods?

2 Likes

A very entertaining read. A profile of Alan Jones by Greg Bearup in The Australian. One highlight:

2 Likes

Why is 3AW still taking Money News from 2GB from 7pm to 8pm on weeknights even though Ross Greenwood is now on holidays?

1 Like