Nine Radio (Talk)

2 Likes

I suspect that if it goes well, it won’t be Greg’s ‘last stint’ - once he gets the taste for it again and if management like what they hear…who knows!

3 Likes

According to the syndication website (which of course might not be 100% accurate) Mark Levy will not be on in Qld at all. Anyway, we shall know for certain in a couple of weeks!

1 Like

Is it just me, or do the words “one last stint” make it sound like he is terminally ill?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Digital Radio - Technical

Well that was weird. Going to the 7pm news we heard the old news theme on 3aw (from the SCA era)

My ears pricked up!
Wonder how that slipped through

4 Likes

Neil Mitchell will be very sad and upset tonight! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Great to hear Rob McKnight filling in for a week after survey on 4BC.

Rob is Sofie Formica’s executive producer. Regularly on air with his ‘Entertainment Quarter’. Most sensible entertainment news, very little US fluff/filler.

6 Likes

Ace Radio still uses the old 3AW news theme.

2 Likes

The theme from the SCB era?

Does Ace also use the old AW weather chime? That was great piece of retro radio.

2 Likes

what was that?

3 Likes

They did use that one in the 2000s but currently it’s the more recent version 3AW used with the drum kit roll at the end. I believe all Ace AM network stations are still using it.

2 Likes

The sound effect to intro weather on AW. Sounded akin to xylophone. From low to high notes. Was a mainstay of the AW bulletin.

2 Likes

Looks like 4BC will be getting a local Mornings show if they’re advertising for a permanent producer.

1 Like

Or could it be a Brisbane-focused producer for the Ray Hadley Morning Show (in addition to when they are local 9-noon)?

1 Like

It literally says:

2 Likes

Thought so.

Nine wouldn’t want to do that to Hadley too soon. Especially given his pretty solid ratings in Brisbane.

1 Like

Oops, I got caught out by the title! My bad

2 Likes

If you call coming 6th solid ratings, I would say average ratings at best.

2 Likes