Nine Radio (Talk)

Nice to see AW utilising Grubby whilst the footy is on. He will have worked seven days straight, hosting Nights from Monday to Thursday, joining Elise Elliott for Friday Lunch on Afternoons on Friday, and Weekend Breakfast this weekend.

Yes, Darren James should be back next weekend. Is there anyone from 3AW you like hosting the technology show? :joy:

2 Likes

It’s about the only time that Melbourne based 3AW content airs on 2GB all week. They even use the 2GB studio number (131 873) for talkback yet it still upsets the precious Sydney 2GB listeners like @Rossco.

1 Like

I thought the Money Show comes out of 3AW but I could be wrong. Charlie Brown (Technology Show) is Sydney based so I can;t understand why it needs a Melbourne based co-host.

2 Likes

Shane McInnes and Jimmy Bartel are hosting 3AW Breakfast this week as both Stephen Quartermain and Emily Power have COVID.

6 Likes

I was surprised to hear Shane and Jimmy this morning, that makes sense now.

Also, Tony Moclair hosted the Overnights program on 3AW this morning despite Nine Radio Syndication website saying he’ll be on leave this week and next.

3 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Five AA Adelaide

Elise Elliott is hosting 3AW Afternoons today, from the Royal Children’s Hospital.

3 Likes

Stephen and Emily returned this morning for one day only. Ross and Russel will be back tomorrow.

2 Likes

Shane, the man must have pictures of someone.

Haha Jimmy or Shane?
Cause I have heard quite a few stories about Jimmy… haha

When did 4BC’s Scott Emerson begin his holidays?

Peter Psaltis of the sports show that follows Drive is doing both this week.

Dan Nolan filled in last week during the survey break?

Recorded intros make mention of Psaltis filling in for Scott Emerson, no mention during program.

Wonder if Scott Emerson will return to 4BC Drive?

He’s sick, that’s all.

And it was Peter Fegan who filled in a couple of weeks ago, Scott was in the chair last week.

On Friday and Monday there was no drive due to football. Psalty has been hosting yesterday and today.

3 Likes

Looks like 3AW are giving the new camera setup another go. The “new” holding screen I posted a while back is up again, however Neil is not in studio so not sure if it’s fully functioning yet.

2 Likes

Thanks @blackbox, appreciate your update. Didn’t hear this explained on air.

Enjoyed hearing you filling in on air.

2 Likes

Many thanks for that. I loved every minute of it and hope they let me back on!

2 Likes

Good news! New camera system is up and running! Much better then the last one where it doesn’t get stuck like previously.
Also con confirm that it seems the audio feed is the digital radio broadcast as I heard the “beeps” leading into the news.

Only thing is that the video is about a second faster than the audio, which is better than the old one, though would be great if they can line it up in sync.

3 Likes

DAB+ program should be without time pips as the transmission chain means the broadcast is delayed by 2 to 15 seconds.

6 Likes

I’m sure that’s a certainty. Your enthusiasm was clear without being irritating. Good energy in the afternoon show whenever I’ve sampled it, you or Sofie.

2 Likes

I love working with her and certainly not after her job but would certainly like a future behind the mic somewhere. Appreciate your kindness.

2 Likes

Must be the analogue audio then. Because there is no digital ad insets like usual.

2 Likes