Nine Radio (Talk)

Simon Owens filled in for Tony Moclair this morning.

Moclair to me personally, can be annoying. I much preferred Luke Bona, Andrew McLaren and back in the day, Keith McGowan.

Derryn was the same on 2GB many many years ago, iirc. He didn’t read the ads, and didn’t tell the time, he had another announcer doing all that for him.

3 Likes

Luke Bona is on Triple M doing Midnight-Dawns Monday-Friday

1 Like

I don’t want to see them fail but it is a shame the changes appear to have worked for them.

It wasn’t working for me though. I stopped listening.

3 Likes

Is 9 radio covering the funeral tonight?

1 Like

As posted on the Prince Philip thread:

1 Like

Sorry if this is a silly question, I don’t listen often but is 2gb live overnight? Are they live 24/7?

I’m pretty sure they would be? They’re live basically 24/7, I think there might be a couple of ‘lifestyle’ kind of shows on weekends that are probably recorded, but other than that it’s mostly just live talkback.

3 Likes

Dee Dee Dunleavy is broadcasting her Afternoons program from her home today, because she had a coronavirus test on the weekend and is still feeling a bit unwell, hence not going into the 3AW Studios.

3 Likes

Pretty common practice for the last 6 months for any presenters not feeling well. It’s a requirement for most companies as well. Not to attend work if feeling unwell.

1 Like

I don’t know why but the audio on all of the calls on Dee Dees afternoon program sound so bass heavy and muffled. No where near clear as they usually are.

including The Ray Hadley Country Music Countdown show apparently

2 Likes

Brett McLeod filled in for Nick McCallum this morning.

4 Likes

I wish Sydney could have such decent weekend talent… Nick McCallum… Brett Mcleod… Come on Sydney talk radio!

3 Likes

Have to agree.

We’re very blessed here in Melbourne with brilliant broadcasters.

Whereas in Sydney, around half the programs will be occupied by shock jocks and very unlikeable presenters!

5 Likes

That’s the Melbourne difference. We don’t really do shock jocks. Hence why Bolt has moved up north.

A move to the Mornington Peninsula is moving up north? He’s never really held his own on radio anyway has he? Just contributor to others’ programmes, (Faine, Mitchell, Price -GB/AW and MTR)

5 Likes

'Tis true. I was thinking recently how much soul Melbourne radio has compared to Sydney. Both AM and FM. From legends like Toby from Newport, “rumour is fact” on the 3AW rumour file and to the beginning of FM radio with EON and Fox in the 80s… nothing beats Melbourne radio.

Thought he moved to Sydney, was that just all spin?

Never heard that, he moved to Somers.