Nine Radio (Talk)

Just answer the phone by saying “4BC is 2GB” and you will win an Opera House snow globe.

8 Likes

Alan Belford-Gloria-Parrot Jones

2 Likes

Do you still win the cash if you say “4GB for me” in Brisbane?

6 Likes

Following up as that spot has started this week and yep, the 2006 Nine News theme lives on.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Five AA Adelaide

It wouldn’t surprise me if they take Michael McLarens show from 2GB

That would explain what was a bit of a vague exit. Peter handled it well but it felt like there was more to the story from a station point of view.

A shame, it is a one person operation over night so I don’t think they are saving a heap of money.

Rugby League Legends Join Wide World of Sports New Radio Show

The biggest names in rugby league are joining the new Wide World of Sports radio show from Monday, February 17.

The man regarded as the greatest fullback to play the game, Billy Slater, NSW’s most capped captain, Paul Gallen, and Blues Origin coach, Brad Fittler will be giving their opinions and insights on the biggest stories in rugby league and engaging directly with listeners on 2GB and 4BC.

Slater will join WWOS host Mark Levy on Mondays, with Gallen on Tuesdays and Fittler on every Wednesday, while the former long-time TV host of Wide World of Sports, Ken Sutcliffe, will be a special guest each Thursday night for “Kenny’s Corner”.

Meanwhile, The Continuous Call Team will be back in 2020 with a lineup including Mark Levy, Darryl Brohman, Erin Molan, Mark Riddell, David Morrow, Jamie Soward, Anthony Griffin, Chris Warren, James Willis and Joel Caine. Ray Hadley will continue to call State of Origin games and the NRL Grand Final.

“Wide World of Sports radio has the biggest names and the best coverage of sport and rugby league in particular, with Slater, Gallen and Fittler adding a new layer of expert commentary,” said Nine Radio Head of Content, Greg Byrnes.

“The show will give Sydney and Brisbane listeners everything they need to know about the game they love.

“The Continuous Call Team is set for another cracking season as they return for a record 34th year covering rugby league.”

Fitzy & Whipper from NOVA 96.9 stitched up Ray Hadley for Valentine’s day a couple of days ago, (the video’s on the NOVA 96.9 web site if you want a look), so Ray put this in the newspaper yesterday (I’m guessing it was the Sydney Morning Herald)?

Looks similar to the Herald Sun messages, so guessing it’s the Tele and he’s paid the 30 odd bucks for the gag

Boring! When are they going to come up with something a little more creative than “pranking” Ray Hadley? Its boring, not funny and they really need to come up with some new material.

TBH, their show isn’t very good. In jokes. Banter that only makes sense to them. It’s just stale.

7 Likes

They’re too old to play ‘the boys’ that’s why.

His listeners probably could do with a horn as an alarm clock :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Speaking of which, I was listening to the podcast of Alan Jones’ breakfast out of sheer boredom (also wanting to listen if @nickatnights was right about Alan Jones being so bad it’s funny) and I find that every time Gloria starts up followed by Alan’s voice saying ‘yes it is’ just makes me crack up for no reason. That combination for some bizarre reason is hilarious but at the same time I couldn’t listen to Gloria in the same way I used to ever again.

2 Likes

It’s the Gloria & Mulray conversations that used to crack me up.
Here’s just one example.

1 Like

Gloria is likely a paid actor/actress.

Bryan Wiseman was often hired by 2UE to spice up shows, eg the many crank callers to Stan Zemanek’s show.

I thought that was Stan that hired him? According to this, 2UE put a stop to it after it was exposed by Today Tonight

Meanwhile, I just randomly tuned in today to Deb Knight’s show and they were playing a scene from The Simpsons. Not sure that would have gone down well with 2GB’s target demographic.

1 Like

So nice reading that old article with Stan’s quotes.

I think all forum members will agree we will NEVER hear another announcer like Stan Zemanek. And no AM night program will ever come close.

3 Likes

He lit the fuse and he blew the dynamite.

Zenamek didn’t fit in on mornings on 2GB and I think his year there was a mistake. His home was nights on 2UE and I still miss his program.

3 Likes

What about Bob Francis?

I also miss Stan at night. Was very entertaining.

3 Likes