Nine Radio (Music)

Because they are Christian in faith maybe? Just a guess. Just like Muslims listen to Voice of Islam.

1 Like

Holy generalisation Batman!

1 Like

Not a generalisation at all. Not all Christians listen to Vision Radio either. Wasn’t implying anything.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Well George and Paul finally are moving stations to 2GB and 4BC. 9am until 1pm. I guess they gave in finally. From next week.

1 Like

Yes. I woke up to the news this morning. I’m so disappointed…
George & Paul were told the news, so not their choice.
So unfortunately two hours less of George & Paul in the morning,
but the thing I hate is that I get bored to tears listening to 2GB’s
preceding gardening program so I’ll have to find something stimulating & entertaining to listen to
between 6am to 9am, but to what?

Makes me wonder if Talking Lifestyle is being prep’ed for a major format change
or sell off, with 2GB taking the best bit of Talking Lifestyle (The George & Paul Show).

I think the 2GB gardening program will do the switch to lifestyle…Anyway this change will definitely lead the demise of Lifestyle…Thanks Macquarie Media, I should have said the demise of 2ue.

1 Like

Well if this doesn’t go further to look like they’ll be moving to a sport format then I don’t know what will. Not saying it’s obviously 100 percent but the fact that 2GB are taking the only thing that rates from Lifestyle makes it point in that direction.

1 Like

Forecasting some chess moves:

• 2UE effectively becomes “Talking Sport” / SEN Sydney with an NRL focus supplemented by other more national sports (eg A-League) from SEN Melbourne.
  • 4BH follows suit and becomes SEN Brisbane. Any local programming will continue the current minimalist approach - brekky and NRL programming from SEN Sydney with other sports from SEN Melbourne.
  • 3EE ???Can’t really take SEN programming here…so predominately an automated music playlist - maybe “3XY Classic Rock” to keep Hutchy’s empire in check (ie show who’s boss) with Grubby and Dee Dee taking care of business.

I highly doubt 4BH will become SEN Brisbane or 3XY will be reborn.

I think 4BH will go back to music. Not sure about 2UE or 3EE.

I also think there’s a slight chance they’ll just go back to Magic in the three cities.

If 4BH is eventually sold off I’d like to see Grant/Capital get hold of it. They could then launch Forever Classic or alternatively do something creative with River 94.9. At the very least they could put River on DAB in Brisbane.

4 Likes

Besides, 3XY is the call sign of the Italian broadcaster now on 1422.

Also don’t forget that 3XY hasn’t existed as a music station for around 25 years. Not too many would care about any nostalgia there.

1 Like

Except for a hardy few Media Spy souls like me, but yes, not enough to make it viable I guess!

2 Likes

Off topic, sometimes on Media spy threads I wish they change the “like” to “agree” as I don’t like the news but I want to acknowledge the poster on Media spy. I will miss them from 6am to 9am. It was not long back they did 9am to 1pm. John and Garry did weekend breakfast. Can’t remember who was doing weekday breakfast then. Was it Jason Morrison?

1 Like

I agree on the like/agree thing :smile: and yes, the news about John and Garry doesn’t really bother me one way or the other.

2 Likes

Probably the only presenters keeping the very little that was/is left of the old 2UE legacy alive (although IMO, the station basically died on 17/9/2016) now are John Stanley & Gary Linnell?

I think Jason Morrison was presenting the weekday breakfast show on 2UE during the short-lived era of “FM-lite” sounding On-Air branding (with the Peter Sumner voiceovers) around 2011-12?

I think no change to John and Garry shift? These days if I listen to weekday breakfast I often tune into SWR FM. Occasionally John and Garry but not often as before.

Its actually a Greek station - 3XY Radio Hellas. But I assume everything is available for a price… I get the point that the brand has minimal recognition (except probably on here) and probably distracted from my main point.

To me the challenge is if 2UE is converted into a sports station focussed on NRL, which would appear a possibility, what do you do with 4BH and 3EE given the not insignificant cost benefits of networking and the probability that CrocMedia will probably not sell any content to Melbourne radio stations (with its ownership of PSN). Macquarie have shown a distaste for local content at 4BC, so I can’t imagine a solo station running with 4BH. To me 4BH will therefore either network with 3EE or 2UE.

As for the idea of Macquarie selling 4BH, 3EE or 2UE I would rate it unlikely - why would they want more potential competition. They fought and hoped damn hard that they wouldn’t have to sell 2CH - can’t see that mindset changing.

1 Like

The positive for 2GB is the dumping of their out-of-place lifestyle programs on Sunday mornings. Will they move to Talking Lifestyle?

1 Like

The George and Paul will be right at home at 2GB amongst the Turnbull haters and Abbott lovers.

5 Likes

Greek.

No.

Talking Lifestyle has so much of a listener base, it could be put on 150MHz narrowband FM with all of the ethnic broadcasters and no one will notice!

1 Like