Nine Radio (Music)

2UE are no longer doing the Saturday Night Songfest - instead, taking Jukebox Saturday Night.

Let’s hope 2CH’s demise means 2UE will become classic hits once again and take the log from Magic1278.

[DIFFERENT TOPIC]

I don’t want to be a pessimist, but it should be noted that when 2CH went DAB+, 2UE’s ratings never really climbed to that of what 2CH was achieving on 1170AM.

Now that 2CH is going altogether, will this automatically mean 2UE can & will achieve a 4-5% result in the next survey?

The reason I say this, is that there is no definite guarantee that 4BH will increase from 1% to 12% overnight once 4KQ dies.

2 Likes

Or alternatively, maybe they’ll take the same log as 4BH.

1 Like

I agree. It will be a tough ask for 4BH to get even half of the 4KQ listeners. I’m guessing they might get up to 6 - 7%, maybe a little higher. But I doubt they’ll get over 10% where 4KQ was sitting.

That’s what I mean by once you kill an AM music station it’s hard to resurrect.

3 Likes

Many thought that 5DN would never come back after its SEN spell but now look where it’s at as Cruise 1323.

9 Likes

With the right marketing and the right research… I think content is king not so much the band esp with oldies music.

It hasn’t been easy for 2day FM to recover too after Kyle and Jackie went.

5 Likes

Both Saturday Night Songfest and Jukebox Saturday Night are commercial free mind you with no newsbreaks

1 Like

That’s true I guess.

Now that 2CH has Played it’s Last Song, Expect many of it’s Old Migrating to 2UE right now.

1 Like

2ue 7pm news update made mention of 2ch shutdown

3 Likes

Driving around the Hunter this morning and 4BH goes from Beach Boys “God Only Knows” into the Oils “Beds Are Burning.”

I’ve been listening to BH a lot in the last two weeks and it just keeps getting better and better.

6 Likes

Yeah they’re sounding good. Listening now and they went from Don’t You Forget About Me (Simple Minds) to Gimme Gimme Gimme (ABBA). Nice.

1 Like

Yep on my Alexa at home now too.

Was driving listening to Hit106.9 about 10 minutes ago and they were playing Kate Bush. Stranger Things is phenomenal - I love it - and has the power to change everything on other media with it.

2 Likes

Yeah I heard Running Up That Hill on Smooth Brisbane the other day too. Amazing.

Has anyone noticed any change to the 2UE log/format since 2CH has gone?

There’s a clear gap for a Classic Hits station in Sydney.

2 Likes

Looking at their music log online, I don’t really notice any change to its playlist compared to before 2CH’s demise. Judging by their website, they still position themselves as “Easy Music”.

1 Like

Interesting they’ve added Jukebox Saturday Night on an Easy Music station.

The ads that were running on 2CH directing people to 2UE said “to continue listening to classic hits and easy favourites” switch to 2UE. These would most likely have been placed by ACE Radio, so could indicate that 2UE will move towards classic hits a bit more.

3 Likes

4BH needs local voices in Brisbane, Once 4KQ Ceases to Exist, They must Provide a Recruiting Opportunity to Brisbane’s Commercial Radio Focus.

2 Likes

Yes in particular Brent James

5 Likes

There’s nothing he doesn’t know about music,or what hits charted in Brisbane.

3 Likes