Nine Radio (Music)

I was talking about their current survey numbers rather than specifics around the format, but I take your point about refinement. Personally I think 2UE’s music is the same - ie needs some sharpening so that nothing jars. It’s not rocket science, just a good ear and a real commitment to sending the very best you can up the stick!

1 Like

I agree.

1 Like

For some reason, the live stream for Magic 1278 is live streaming 3aw instead

That needs to be fixed ASAP

I just emailed Magic 1278 at info@magic1278.com.au to let them know about this

2 Likes

I just got a email from Scott Menz

Hi

Thanks for your email and apologies for the disruption - our engineers are looking into it as a priority.

Thanks
Scott and the Magic team.

1 Like

In the early hours of Tuesday morning there was some sort of technical meltdown at 2GB acknowledged on air which required pretty much all of Nine’s radio streams to be taken offline for part of the midnight and 1am hours (my monitoring system was not impressed!).

There seemed to be another issue with a bunch of their streams late last night for about 20-30 minutes. I wasn’t listening at the time but I guess when they fixed it, they mixed up some stream configurations.

2 Likes

4BH will be off air on 1116 for a few hours from 6pm tonight. Jocks promoting DAB and streaming.

Upgrades of transmission happening.

8 Likes

A nice new initiative from 3MP:

Peninsula Picks (livemp.com.au)

2 Likes

Dean Pickering just covered Magic 1278 Saturday 6.00am until 12 noon.

3 Likes

that’s a name I haven’t heard from for years. Former 3CV dude?

1 Like

That’s the one - later at TTFM and ATN (or perhaps more famously on Highway Patrol)

5 Likes

It looks like ACE has pull the plug on the Gavin Millers’s Magic Lunchbox

Magic 1278 is doing 10 songs in a row instead of the Magic lunchbox doing Midday today

The home of the More Music Breakfast show is Magic 1278 not Smooth anymore since ACE started doing 10 Songs in a row doing the Classic Hits Breakfast

News is now hourly not half hourly

Smooth should rename their breakfast show from the More Music Breakfast to the Feel Good Breakfast show

1 Like

If they want to have two presenters have two proper presenters not one main presenter and the news reader like they do in Sydney with Ron Wilson and Bogart Torelli with Ron presenting the news and traffic updates.

Looking at their program guide on their website, 2UE will be airing the Classic Hits Countdown at 10am-12pm Sundays, starting from this Sunday. That means their Sunday Morning 60s, which had been airing at 6am-12pm, will be trimmed back to 6-10am.

3 Likes

the Classic Hits Countdown is what airs on Magic1278 in Melbourne at that time

Good move by ACE. They really need to “pump up” 2UE a little - by making it more Classic Hits rather than Easy Music.

3 Likes

Be interesting might tune in, everyone loves a countdown especially if they use real charts.

Been listening to both Magic 1278 and 3MP. 3MP is sounding pretty good and seems to play a lot of variety. Magic is too safe and predictable and sounds a lot like Gold although skewing towards 60s & 70s rather than 90s. They need to play a lot more music that has not been heard for ages and throw in a few album tracks from classic albums. Take a few more risks.

4 Likes

Yeah I find 4BH a bit the same. Ok but predictable. A bit more variety on weekends but not as much as 4KQ had on the weekends.

4 Likes

Magic is at it again, replaying the same playlist in the same order 12 hours later. I heard the same songs that was played early yesterday morning repeated overnight. That is lazy radio. People will discover this as “groundhog day” and will turn off. Bad move Ace Radio.

11 Likes