Nine Radio (Music)

Agreed that the announcers need to be more lively- however I think they should stick to single announcer lineups even at breakfast. Get an old time jock from the 80s or 90s that might still be active to host breakfast and keep it tight with not much talk between the songs and ads. Duos or teams run the risk of being talkfests like every other breakfast show.

1 Like

Yeh you can’t beat the original. Still, they now have taken the classic hits position and it should get an audience. Shame Ace didn’t get to buy 4KQ . They had a solid team that rated well.

1 Like

Didn’t they get Bbq Bob or has he left already??

1 Like

Yeah BBQ Bob does breakfast. He’s just on leave this week.

It would also help if the presenters were local not shared between all the Nine music stations.

Shame Ace/Nine and SEN couldn’t have come to an agreement to keep 693 as the music station (now 4BH) and make SEN 1116 just like it is in Melbourne. Would have allowed the music listeners to stay on 693 and saved a lot on marketing in Brisbane for SEN.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: SEN (Radio)

In the case of 4BH, the shifts that had the biggest increases were not by Brisbane based presenters.

Ace should make Magic 1278 play Yesterdays Memories and Todays Hits. ie songs from 60’s to now instead of restricting just to 60-80’s only

3EE Yesterdays Memories and Today’s Hits 1278

How does that sound?

2 Likes

I dont like the 3EE call sign. They should spend some money and buy the 3XY call sign from Radio Hellas and rebadge Magic as 3XY rocking Melbourne an go back to their Heritage Playlists and formats.

8 Likes

I agree that a rebadge is a good idea for Magic, how about a nod to both the old 3kz and 3xy stations, perhaps, ’ Thats Melbourne! 3XYZ, with a tight playlist of the current hottests hits and great classic top 40 :sunglasses:

1 Like

Technically Radio Hellas don’t own the name, it is available to register.

1 Like

Further to my previous post…Are you reading this ACE, GO AND REGISTER THIS GRANT JOHNSTONE.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed since about last Tuesday or Wednesday (can’t 100% remember, Wednesday I think) that 4BH hasn’t been taking the hourly news after 6pm anymore (at least on weeknights, haven’t checked weekends). 2UE and 3MP still take it, but 4BH has stopped. This matches what 4KQ used to do with regards to news.

7 Likes

Magic 1278 still has news on the hour every hour 24 hours a day except on Saturday nights 7pm-midnight when the party show is on.

2 Likes

Weekends also. Sat and Sun nights are announcer, news and ad free. 3MP still have hourly news 24/7 except Sat 7-11 pm.

3 Likes

So yesterday afternoon on 4BH they played Ride on Time by Black Box. I like that song, but I did not expect to hear that on 4BH, that’s always been more a 97.3 Saturday Night Party Mix type song.

They’re certainly experimenting with the music a bit in the last week or so, heard a few 90s tracks added to the playlist too. Glad to see things are slowly evolving.

5 Likes

The good news with 4BH is I think ACE understand what is at stake here.

Done right, 4BH could really become a powerhouse and even overtake 4BC which would make a few Nine folk jealous.

7 Likes

I’ve just noticed on their website that 4BH now has “Totally 80s” at 7pm to Midnight on Friday nights.

5 Likes

Herald Sun reporting that with Mark Allen and David Schwarz’s 3AW program being axed, the pair will likely end up on Magic 1278 Breakfast next year.