Nine News Refresh 2024

Theme may come later? Maybe they didn’t want to make too many changes in one go?

Or have changes to the theme usually coincided with refreshes?

14 Likes

9News | Developing | Reporting

What kind of stupid layout is this supposed to indicate? Almost reads as if it’s a slogan.

On a positive note, at least the side panels have been updated and looks more fitting.

25 Likes

So what is the ‘new’ part of the set?

Those panels to match the graphics. Which is great. Would take that the red developing strap and put it on the LHS of the reporters name

1 Like

Depends on whether it becomes a Daily Mail story or not I guess? :man_shrugging:
“Viewers outraged by new graphics” “Viewers demand changes to graphics” :rofl:

2 Likes

agree. except would like to see the nine news bug just a bit smaller… reminds me of WIN TV’s enormous billboard they have… otherwise looks good

It should just say

9News | Developing News or Developing Story

No need for Reporting. That’s obvious.

1 Like

I presume it means Heidi Murphy is reporting but Christ it’s illogical.

10 Likes

The other option is moving 9 News to the far right corner. Breaking and Developing could sit just inside it, on the left.

Then you could have Heidi Murphy on the left and Reporting straight under her name. That way, you also wouldn’t have all the jumble of different shades of colours.

4 Likes

Updated side panels looks great. Guess we won’t see if they updated the plasma until weather returns in studio

Surprised the Daily Mail hasn’t written an article about it yet, obviously using quotes from us. And I can bet you that this post will end up in it :laughing:.

2 Likes

Enjoy it while you can because it won’t be for much longer I’m afraid. Oh wait! There’s always WIN news if you want to watch it.

2 Likes

9 News Perth have the updated social graphics but not TV

3 Likes

7NEWS in 2016:

yes i know this meme trend is dead

11 Likes

I’ll be sticking with 7. The new guy has no personality and is rather boring.

3 Likes

“this new guy has no personality and is rather boring, I’m going back to the old guy who has no personality and is rather boring”

5 Likes

You won’t find anywhere more boring than the 7 option!

1 Like

I can’t stand Peter Mitchell. Alicia and Tom aren’t perfect yet but they are more watchable than him.

4 Likes

well if I had a choice I’d watch Hitchener.

3 Likes