Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

It does beg the Question, but I can see the Morning News bulletins (on Seven and Nine) also going local around the country.

Yeah I can see it happening soon as well.

Its amazing how much effort Nine has put into local news throughout the past year, and then we look at Ten who are on the brink of possibly axing all their local bulletins for a national one… :confused:

3 Likes

I think its a clear case that Ten News is being pushed out of the market place.

Brett McLeod is presenting Melbourne Afternoon News on Thursday & Friday this week.
Today’s studio interview with Melbourne Lord Mayor Robert Doyle.

6 Likes

I not sure about the rest of the week @Salty, but Clint did 4pm and 6pm sport on Monday. So maybe Tony will do the double shifts?

Agree. TBH, though, I am surprised Brett wasn’t given the main hosting duties of the 4pm News.

I would be terribly surprised if that did not mean Brett permanently anchored the First at Five News.

2 Likes

Give me Alicia over Brett or Tony any day. Alicia is laps ahead.

4 Likes

@nationalnews Clint did sport for 4pm and 6pm bulletin Monday - Wednesday (Tony Jones returned on Thursday).
Mark Macgugan did sport today on 4pm,not sure who presented yesterday.

I do agree that tweet was a mistake and should have included Brett instead of Dougal.

1 Like

I definitely agree Alicia is better then Brett and Tony but she does tend to speak very fast at times.

3 Likes

Even though realistically the latter two are more likely to take over rather than Alicia.

Doubt Tony will be on 4pm ever. Bit like Hitch and Peter Mitchell, for some reason they don’t use them on these lower rating bulletins, maybe it’s beneath them?

1 Like

Dougal Beatty presenting Saturday First At Five News,with Justine Conway presenting the weather.

1 Like

Is this nationally, or are the weekend afternoon bulletins now state based too?

Nationally. Not sure about Perth.

Based out of Melbourne used to bounce between Syd/Mel based.

1 Like

Been out of Melbourne for a few years now I think. Still national based.

1 Like

Airlie Walsh presented Early News this week.

1 Like

I think this is the first time “First @ Five” has has a weather presenter.

1 Like

When the production was from Sydney Amber Sherlock used to present the weather:

2 Likes

@BJT2 lt was the first time l have seen a weather presenter on the bulletin in the Melbourne studio, strange thing was Justine Conway presented on the Saturday but Dougal read the weather report on the Sunday.

1 Like

Dougal Beatty presenting Melbourne Afternoon News on Thursday & Friday this week.

3 Likes

Amelia Adams is presenting Friday Morning News.She has been appearing on Nine News Now chatroom segment on Fridays in recent months.

4 Likes