Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Monday-
Mark Burrows is presenting Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News.

1 Like

It’s beyond me why Julie doesn’t have a permanent presenting role… she’s aced that early bulletin for years and underestimated… she’s better then some the presenters in the TCN newsroom who do get more airtime then her.

I’ve met her in person such a down to earth friendly lovely woman.

6 Likes

You could say the same thing about quite a lot of Nine News presenters/reporters, unfortunately.

4 Likes

I’d be willing to guess the reason why might have something to do with…

AmberSherlock

Of course, I agree that Julie Snook deserves a permanent presenting role or far more airtime at the very least. 10 News First really should try and pick her up for any future re-expansion IMO!

1 Like

State Political Editor:

5 Likes

It should be noted that 9 News Melbourne and Alicia Loxley were almost 100k ahead of 7 last night (Sunday). The best performing city for 9.

2 Likes

It appears that Jarrad Brevi has left Nine News Adelaide after nearly to become a reporter for the Sydney newsroom, with his first report for TCN airing last night.

3 Likes

And last night the gap was only 10k.

Julie also presented this morning.:grinning:

Julie presenting for the rest of the week.
Thursday:
Friday:

3 Likes

Tuesday-
Tony Jones is presenting Melbourne sport from the SCG tonight.

2 Likes

(12-13/2/2019) Michael Atkinson is presenting sport in Brisbane tonight.

4 Likes

It’s Peter Overton’s 10th anniversary at Nine News this year. I’ve written down my memories from the time from how he got the job and what was going on behind the scenes at the time.

I was across his secret promotion and the key decisions being made at the time, so those who like a bit of TV history might find it interesting (well, I hope you will anyway).

18 Likes

While the article was an interesting read, I have to pull you up on this bit Rob:

While I couldn’t say who presented the news on those editions of THISafternoon between the end of that first week and the program’s demise without having any footage on hand, Mark Ferguson actually presented the July 15 edition of Nine’s Afternoon News, which was the first to air after the axing of THISafternoon. Fergo stayed in that position until September 25, even making a brief announcement about how it was his final bulletin at Nine while signing off! Presumably Wendy Kingston took over after that.

Ahhh, that might be true. In researching this article, I found an article that said Ferguson was taken off air before THISafternoon was axed, so I might have jumped to a conclusion about him not appearing on the network again. I will amend, always happy to be corrected.

4 Likes

By the way @blackbox, very well written. Always love reading stories behind success and how products evolve.

8 Likes

Cheers! Really appreciate that.

2 Likes

Wow, what an incredible insight. Great piece, Rob!
I don’t suppose that launch promo is still out there anywhere?

1 Like

I looked for it but couldn’t find it… I’m terrible at keeping stuff like that!

3 Likes

Well, here’s the last Ferguson-fronted Nine Afternoon News, just for everyone’s interest.

1 Like

Interesting read.

Now if only we knew who was responsible for all footage stealing, over-the-top watermarking, and exclusive Aldi promos :slight_smile: