Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Danielle Post has returned from maternity leave.

1 Like

She has been back for a couple of weeks.

2 Likes

Eva Milic anchored solo on the Gold Coast tonight.

4 Likes

Bruce reacts to Melissa promising another Aldi story on the 6pm bulletin :wink:

11 Likes

Friday- Mark Burrows presenting in Sydney

1 Like

CONFIRMED: Michael Atkinson has impressed bosses and has replaced Sam Squiers as weekend sports presenter in Brisbane.

4 Likes

99% of industry have no idea this site even exists

A lot would.

It wouldnā€™t overly surprise me if this one was true with Darren Curtisā€™ on-air profile decreasing considerably since Jonathan Uptin got the weekend presenting gig back in March, but can anyone confirm this one?

Curtisā€™ contract ended with Nine (he was reporting in Brisbane all week) yesterday. Despite his demotion from weekends, I think he still could have replaced Bruce Paige on the Gold Coast news when he retires.

The environment at QTQ is questionable (or their style of journalism) as they have lost a number of their on-air reporters this year, including three of their most senior- Phil Willmington, Shane Doherty and Darren Curtis.

3 Likes

Not surprised to say the least. It was bound to happen the day Jono was appointed weekend anchor.

QTQā€™s mass exodus continues.

1 Like

We all know who should (but probably wonā€™t) be shown the door at Nine News Queensland - their news director!

But instead, Iā€™m genuinely starting to wonder long itā€™ll be until at least one of the weeknight presenters leaves Nine News Queensland.

The decision to move Jono to the Brisbane news is still a strange one given no one in Brisbane would have known who he was. Definitely one from left field.

1 Like

Indeed. One also wonders what Darwin viewers (who Iā€™m sure continued to support Nine News Darwin after the ā€œstreamliningā€ due to Uptin temporarily continuing his association with the service) wouldā€™ve thought about losing ā€œtheirā€ newsreader to the Queensland weekend news they now have to watch on Saturday & Sunday nights instead of the local bulletins enjoyed previously.

1 Like

Sad thing is, Nine doesnā€™t give a rats arse about Darwin viewers (which is why they axed their Darwin bulletin and replaced it with inferior trash).

Having said that, Queensland viewers benefit the most (and Darwin viewers donā€™t exactly lose out completely either) with Jono as weekend anchor.

4 Likes

I swear we have been through this before and I donā€™t understand its relevance. But here we go:

Darren was demoted because he wasnā€™t rating on weekends. In the summer of 2017, Jono Uptin must have impressed them when he co-anchored with Alison Ariotti while Curtis was on sick leave. Despite releasing a press release in January this year saying Darren would anchor the weekend news solo, he was replaced with Uptin because:

1. He is a better newsreader and seen as a better replacement for Andrew or in fact Wally Lewis.
  2. Likely rated better but the increase is too insignificant for me to comment on (even though Darren always held Nineā€™s lead when he read on weeknights).
  3. Ease the backlash from the Darwin community
2 Likes

Corey Norris is back presenting sport on First at Five/ Melbourne News this weekend.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think Uptin replaced Curtis simply because he is a better anchor. And IIRC heā€™s also a sports editor now which is something he wanted to do.

7 Likes

I noticed Sam Cucchiara reporting on the 5pm news. Though, heā€™s probably filed reports there before, itā€™s the first Iā€™ve noticed since his move from Brisbane/Gold Coast to Melbourne. Heā€™s done well now working for the top rated bulletin in the country.

Might be time to update that Twitter picture :thinking:

2 Likes

Saturday (08.12.2018) - Sunday (09.12.2018): Ebony Cavallaro is presenting Brisbaneā€™s weather again this weekend.

1 Like