Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

She’s doing a swell job. Don’t know why so much hate… she’s improved since her earlier news presenting days. She’s learnt not to smile as much with serious stories as well as the weather.

3 Likes

Yes, I don’t mind Belinda either.

2 Likes

Renae Henry in Bali where she reported on the Lion Air Boeing 737 that crashed shortly after takeoff in Jakarta

2 Likes

Michael Thomson has returned to presenting Perth’s 6PM bulletin.

2 Likes

@SydneyCityTV Amber Sherlock returned from holidays today.

4 Likes

Peter Stefanovic is reporting from Jakarta tonight.

2 Likes

1 Like

(31/10/2018) Eva Milic presenting solo on the Gold Coast tonight.

3 Likes

Scherri-Lee Biggs has returned to presenting the weather on Nine News Perth.

Elise Baker has left Nine News, she has returned to Adelaide however is now at 7 News.

4 Likes

Really, Jeez loved her reporting for Nine… they probably could of made more of her and trained her up for presenting she has the talent and skills.

2 Likes

From a Sydney perspective I’m sad to hear that Elise Baker will no longer be seen on Nine News Sydney but at the same time (especially if she’s originally from Adelaide) I’m happy for her because being at a high rating news service like Seven News Adelaide, a lot of people will get to see her reporting! :slight_smile:

Personally I wonder if Nine might offer the TCN reporting position that’s been left behind to Alice Monfries? Of course it’s possible that Alice might also find that her heart is in Adelaide & return there after her position in Sydney comes to an end when Kate Creedon returns from maternity leave, but I’d imagine that TCN really want to keep things stable.

2 Likes

Deb Knight has been filling in for Ben Fordham on his afternoon radio show on 2GB from Monday -Thursday, and reading news on Today this week.
And presenting her usual Friday night bulletin in Sydney, as we all know Deb is use to working long days.

3 Likes

Friday -
Brett McLeod is presenting Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News.

4 Likes

That’s interesting… Why Brett for Sydney, when there’s many other presenters who are more familiar to Sydney viewers that they could have used?

1 Like

I’d personally rather see Brett McLeod used to fill in on the Morning & Sydney 4pm bulletins over some of the dubious quality presenters TCN has chosen lately, but let’s not go there again!

2 Likes

It makes you wonder if there could be some merit behind Ten possibly trying to acquire Jayne Azzopardi. I know that “Ten This Morning” Twitter account was fake, but it’s still food for thought. There’s really no reason as to why Nine wouldn’t utilise Jayne Azzopardi (or even Sophie Walsh) more for filling-in on the Morning and Afternoon bulletins, especially in situations like this. Maybe they have told management at Nine that they prefer reporting? Who knows.

3 Likes

I agree. The “10 This Morning” Twitter account was obviously fake, but the position that Jayne Azzopardi currently holds at the Nine Network (Sydney reporting & Weekend Today newsreader) is basically the exact same one that Sarah Harris was in before she defected to Studio 10, isn’t it?

Personally I think if Ten can find a suitable position for Jayne in their news/current affairs department, they should try and get her (and/or Sophie Walsh for that matter) over to their network.

2 Likes

Good point and interestingly Peter Stefanovic was just on the Nine News Now Chatroom today so he is in the studio… But obviously busy with other duties today.
@SydneyCityTV is Peter on your dubious quality presenters list?:thinking:

3 Likes

I thought Sarah Harris was just a news reporter/fill in. Don’t recall her as WT newsreader.