Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

The move was initiated because Kingston wanted a reduced workload while Milic has wanted to move to the Gold Coast for a while now

10 Likes

Interesting switch up there, whilst Bruce and Wendy are both great professionals I never really felt like they worked well together… Eva seemed to work better with Bruce for the time she filled in on the GC bulletin recently. Now if only they’d fix the Gold Coast’s #1 news ugly set :man_facepalming:t2:

6 Likes

Maybe we can expect a new set on 24th September too?

A new set of what? :wink:

Great! Eva works really well with Bruce and Wendy receives more exposure than just the GC (which she deserves).

2 Likes

I wonder if we will see Wendy Kingston join Jonathan Uptin and co-host Nine News Queensland on weekends?

2 Likes

Yep, the Gold Coast is right up there with Sydney when it comes to markets where the use of live backdrops (rather than static images or loops) are an essential for local news bulletins IMO.

Now that would be good, although with Wendy wanting a reduced workload I doubt she would’ve swapped roles with Eva to read both weekend news and a few days of Nine Live Queensland.

3 Likes

Qld has totally scrapped that brand, thank god. Now it’s Just Nine News Queensland at 4pm. Even the supers were updated when the new opener was launched.

6 Likes

Looking forward to a new Photoshopped endboard.

1 Like

Elizabeth Bryan presenting Early News again this week.

1 Like
1 Like

Peter is very active on social media and normally weekly posts a flashback photo and behind the scenes shots from Nine studio . He is also a very keen photographer and always has wonderful shots of Melbourne on his social media.

With Jo Hall and Nathan Currie.

2 Likes

Mike Lorigan presenting this morning’s sports news.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Thursday (13.09.2018): Sylvia Jeffreys is presenting the Early News this morning.

1 Like

Sophie Walsh presenting Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News this week.

1 Like

Watching Brisbane’s news in full for the first time in months and hasn’t it deteriorated.

Only one local reporter, Mia Glover, (maybe Paris Martin) was competent at reading and confident in piece-to cameras (she was a really good anchor too when she filled-in on the Regional News earlier this year). All the international correspondents are great and Fiona Willan too so thankfully the bulletin was 50% inter-state reports; making it tolerable.

Shannon Marshall- McCormack’s 6.20 report was so sensationalist- he and the interviewee were laughing at a hoon on his phone and this was accompanied by a music soundtrack! What is sad is that he used to be good.

I assume the problem is the same during the week. When many QTQ reporters have been promoted from Sydney in recent years, this trend is concerning. Maybe it is the editors and COS fault…

2 Likes

Would you say that Jonathan Uptin (as much as it’s sad for me to ask this)'s reading style has become slightly more sensationalist ever since moving to the weekend bulletin? It’s bad already having to endure Andrew Lofthouse and Alison Ariotti screaming down the autocue and (previously) Darren Curtis glaring at your face, but it seems that sensationalist and tabloid style has extended to almost everyone at QTQ. Not a good sign.

2 Likes

Is Sam Cucchiara still doing good work for them? Because I seem to remember hearing positive words about his reporting on the Gold Coast before moving up to Brisbane as their current crime reporter.

Although I’d be equally happy if both continued to produce quality reports in Brisbane, I personally wonder if Mia & Sam would have reporting for Nine News in their home markets (Sydney & Melbourne respectively, if I’m not mistaken) as a future aim? :slight_smile:

Oh man, the description of that report literally sounds like something I’d expect from A Current Affair!

Side note: Am I thinking of the obviously now infamous former reporter with (at least part of) the same surname or did Shannon Marshall-McCormack actually do reports for ACA at some stage? Because the name seems somewhat familiar…

I thought there’s been more Nine News Queensland reporters who’ve moved to Nine News Sydney in recent years.

1 Like

And the ratings reflect that - 7 Brisbane is dominating the numbers at the moment.