Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

:disappointed:
Shame that she won’t be presenting anymore as she does a great job (better than Davina actually).

Michael Best and Seb Costello are the current ones, right?

I know who shouldn’t… Mark.

3 Likes

I reckon Allison Langdon should do Monday and Friday (like Deb when she was on Weekend Today), but it seems unlikely since she’s still tied up to 60.

Other candidates that come into mind: Pete Stefanovic, Jayne Azzopardi, Sophie Walsh, Julie Snook, Mark Burrows.

3 Likes

Nice to see that Amelia Adams has received a promotion (of sorts), but it’s a pity this will mean we’ll no longer see her present news bulletins.

Re, the potential candidates for the position of Monday & Friday presenter of Nine’s Morning News & Nine News Sydney at 4pm: I really hope either Jayne Azzopardi or Sophie Walsh is chosen! :slight_smile:

Burrows, I presume you’re referring to?

If so I completely agree, although if Nine are positioning him as the new 3nd in-line newsreader for Sydney (remembering that until the end of last year, Deb regularly presented the Morning & Sydney 4pm bulletins on Mondays & Fridays) then it’s almost certain that he’ll get the position.

4 Likes

Amelia begins her new role from July.

Didn’t Davina Smith do the national bulletins at one stage?

1 Like

So this I assume means Seb Costello will be heading home to Melbourne?

Or Michael Best will be heading back to Brisbane.

Or maybe Nine wants to have 3 Europe correspondents.

2 Likes

Or even just one?

1 Like

Yes, She took over Amelia’s position of Morning & Afternoon presenter from late February 2014 to May 2016, Before Amelia returned to her former roles then went on leave in October 2016, With Jayne Azzopardi & Deb Knight taking over those roles until Boxing Day 2016, When Davina returned.

I’m glad Nine put her back on Morning/Afternoon roster in 2016 & present, She suits this role much better then that tabloid crap that is Nine News Now.

2 Likes

I think Nine now has three correspondents in LA (Robert Penfold, Lizzie Pearl & Charles Croucher), so it wouldn’t overly surprise me if they’ve decided to have three in London too.

Mind you, I’m not sure how that number compares to the amount of reporters Seven have in their LA & London bureaus.

3 Likes

Mediaweek reported that Seb Costello is leaving Europe.

2 Likes

I wonder who will do the Saturday night filler fluff pieces now?

Some of the stuff Costello has contributed recently wouldn’t have been out of place in Simon Townsend’s Wonder World.

1 Like

Davina and Amelia have been sharing the national gig, including weekend reports for the 6pm News, since mid-2016

Unlike the US, though, I think only 1-2 correspondents are plenty given they only seem to report on the Royals

1 Like

So, at a time when FTA, espeically advertiser desperate commercial FTA is struggling and networks experiencing financial issues or budget cuts, it’s unbelievavle how one network can afford and spend the money on resources for at least 6 foreign correspondents (3 each apparently in two cities). Nine News isn’t even top rating, as Cynic often notes, falling into the 900k average regularly.

One commercial network doesn’t even have foreign bureaus open anymore!

Makes you wonder where Nine’s news and CA budget priorities are, let alone Wick’s priorities altogether (i.e.) Perth?

What value do we get from posting foreign correspondents anymore anyway, with relationships and easy accessibility from foreign feeds / networks / reporters for way much less and often on the ground first/quicker.

Interesting.

2 Likes

I presume the benefit of having major overseas news delivered from an Australian perspective is enough of an incentive for most networks to continue investing money in their overseas bureaus.

3 Likes

Simple. They’ve decided Nine Perth News is a lost cause for now. That’s why they got rid of McMillan and Kubainski. Saving money.

Expect another assault when Sue and Rick retire.

10 Likes

Gee, that’s sad when you read it like that.

Surely not what Peter Costello or Hugh Marks would want to hear.

1 Like

Nine are still producing a tremendous amount of news content out of Perth considering the poor ratings - I’m sure the big wigs would be happy to hear that they were able to make some minor cuts (which have not impacted ratings despite the criticism of Thommo on MediaSpy) while maintaining the overall quality/quantity of local news output in Perth.

5 Likes

(11/5/2018) Joel Dry is presenting Nine Live Queensland this afternoon.

4 Likes

Brenton Ragless presenting Nine Live Adelaide this afternoon

5 Likes