Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

And Media Spyers!

3 Likes

Elizabeth Bryan presented Monday - Wednesday Early News.

1 Like

Whoever made the decision to place Michael Thompson on the 9 Perth desk really needs to be held accountable. Listened to the radio cast on the way home. He is terrible.

3 Likes

I am still baffled by the whole thing. Nine Perth News rating were never great - but now they are starting from a lower base and tanking during the bulletin. It has a knock-on effect for ACA in Perth. It must be terrible for the advertising dollar.

Emmy and Tim were starting to really establish themselves - when they were bulleted I expected some star replacement (Natalie Barr or someone similar). I think Thommo is a great sports presenter, but he doesn’t suit the main bulletin. I don’t even think he wants to do it - I suspect he had no choice.

It can’t be any more than a cost-cutting measure. But it is a cost-cutting measure that hurts revenue.

Like you Troiboi - I am just baffled. It is a stupid decision on so many levels.

9 Likes

Whilst I completely agree that Tim and Emmy should not have been booted, nor should Thommo have been given the job. However, the ratings actually haven’t changed. They’re still around the 50,000 - 80,000’s each night which is the same when Tim and Emmy were there so as good as they were presenting wise I don’t think it matters who presents because Nine has a tarnished reputation in Perth.

1 Like

Don’t have time to do the complete analysis but Perth used to get around 10k more than Adelaide and now they seem to get 10k less.

Of course, the biggest problem for Nine is that they have a tarnished record because they change their readers all the time. At some point, Sue will retire - Nine has gone from having a small chance of picking up some of those viewers to ‘no chance’.

1 Like

Brett McLeod filling in for Alicia on Melbourne Afternoon News today.

1 Like

As I stated a while back on here, I also think Seven is number one in Perth not only because of its news presenters but because 7 has AFL rights, community events such as Telethon, Christmas pageant.

3 Likes

Tonight in the Sydney 6pm bulletin, Cameron Williams did a cross to Tony Jones for the Winter Olympics.

The only problem was that Tony thought he was talking to Peter Overton as he kept saying Pete’s name throughout.

That made both Cam and Pete laugh at the end. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Saturday (17.02.2018) - Sunday (18.02.2018): Jonathan Uptin is anchoring Queensland/Darwin’s news again this weekend

1 Like

Deborah Knight presenting in Sydney on Sunday & Monday. Pete returned Tuesday evening.

3 Likes

Thanks.
I wonder why not Pete?
I prefer him to Deb, I would have even preferred Mark Burrows to Deb.
Just not a Deb fan really, she lacks a bit of personality for me.

Initially I thought Deb lacked personality too, but gradually warmed to her after watching her on Today and Weekend Today.

It’s great to see her on Nine after the appalling way Ten treated her.

Mark Burrows vs Deb though, it’s a no contest (aka Deb wins).

8 Likes

Love the slightly retro hair/wardrobe choices tonight, almost feels like News at Five circa 2005 haha

3 Likes

9 Likes

First time filling in for Pete since she resumed her new role at Nine.

2 Likes

Madeline Slattery presenting weather in Melbourne this weekend.

1 Like

Personally, I think Deborah Knight has way more personality (especially since joining Nine in Late 2011) than Mark Burrows!

Perhaps Pete is currently away sick or had other commitments?

I agree, although it has to be said that Deb was kind of shafted after Sylvia Jefferies was chosen over her for the Today newsreader position (when GG left), the axing of Financial Review Sunday and Georgie Gardner being chosen as Karl’s new sidekick on Today.

Mind you, being the Friday/Saturday + main Sunday to Thursday fill-in newsreader of Sydney’s most popular news bulletin is still a role that many TV journalists in this country would love to have…

5 Likes

Deb has a great role at Nine. I don’t think she’d be disappointed at all. She’s come along way since leaving Ten.

7 Likes

Erin Molan was hospitalised whilst at work on Friday.

Does anyone know who presented sport on Sydney’s on Friday and Saturday?