Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Not long after Liam Bartlett, I think.

When did Ebbeny last present a bulletin? Seems to be a long while ago since ive seen her. I cant recall a report from her lately either. :thinking: Is she on leave?

1 Like

Seems all of Nine Perth’s talents have been slowly been taken away or put back on reporting rosters…
Lee Steele

Ebbeny Faranda

2 Likes

Its an overall disaster all round. I wouldnt be surprised if we start to see some of the up and coming young talent (who do a very good job) start appearing on 7 & 10 in the near future.

Have 9 given up until Rick & Sue retire?

1 Like

It seems like it.
Im sure nine will continue to provide a well resourced product in the west, but pouring lots of money into a market that just won’t budge or move isn’t ideal.

4 Likes

Michael is the same age as Rick or maybe 1 year difference so presuming Rick continues solo after Sue retires Michael and Rick would retire probably around the same time presuming Michael is kept at 6pm. Which could be very interesting in terms of the next on air talent.

Vying for that replacement sports gig.

5 Likes

Im sorry but if Rick and Sue retire…people will still watch 7s news. Look at the weekends.

2 Likes

That or we will see Lou out and Paddy replacing her as Weekend newsreader.

2 Likes

Lara Vella presenting Early News again this week.

Brett McLeod is presenting Melbourne Afternoon News from Monday to Wednesday again this week.

1 Like

Monday (15.01.2018) - Thursday (18.01.2018): Darren Curtis is anchoring solo in Brisbane.

1 Like

If Paddy is appointed to weeknights I wonder who might take over weekend sports. With Shaun MacManus and Nathan Currie both gone it looks like there isn’t anyone else on the books.

Elle Cormack takes on sport a bit these days.

Michael Genovese presenting in Perth tonight.

2 Likes

They need to pour it towards Rick and Sue. They’ve done everything else right, but without Rick and Sue it’s all for nothing.

It’s not going to happen. Even if it did there’s no guarantee the viewers would follow.

4 Likes

Why is everyone on here obsessed with recruiting (poaching) long serving talent from other networks all the time? Get some new talent in and give them time to make a difference *cough Tim & Emmy *cough

Staying consistant is the key!

5 Likes

Poaching is not a great strategy which is why it doesn’t happen too often. It’s expensive. It’s very high risk and doesn’t guarantee anything.

Talent don’t always fall for it, either, despite the big bucks that might flow… but some may get caught at a weak moment.

5 Likes

In the highly unlikely chance that Nine Perth was to successfully poach Rick & Sue, you’d probably get a similar ratings effect to what happened here in Sydney when Seven signed Ian Ross to be their main 6pm newsreader.

2 Likes

Perth people will always watch 7 at 6pm. No amount of changes to 9s bulletin is going to gain more viewers. 9 have chopped and changed too many times and people just dont feel conected to the station.

2 Likes

Josh Duane.

1 Like