Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Some very special visitors for tonight’s @9newsqueensland bulletin. I’m so happy my kids can finally see what I actually do!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsPsHZYFZ5p/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=1f1692tiyvtpn

3 Likes

Truly! And that famous dress…

1 Like

Monday (07.01.2019) - Friday (11.01.2019): Samantha Heathwood is presenting in Brisbane again this week with Nicole Rowles on the weather. Michael Atkinson is presenting sport.

1 Like

07/01/2019:
Michael Thomson is back presenting in Perth.

2 Likes

Tuesday & Wednesday -

Sophie Walsh is presenting Morning & Afternoon News.

1 Like

To be honest, I can’t see Deb leaving Sydney 6pm.

Maybe they could rearrange Peter Overton’s days to Saturdays to Wednesdays so Deb can have the weekend off (if she wants too). We know she rates as well as Overton anyways.

That’ll never happen.

Pete’s got young kids. He’ll want some part of the weekend to spend time with his family.

I’d say Deb will stay on. It’s not like the Saturday is a full day anyway. She’d be in there 5-6 hours tops.

1 Like

I’ve got no doubt that Peter Overton will eventually take a few weeks off air, probably during the 2nd half of the year since Nine will really want him on board for Sydney’s news during what’s expected to be a jam packed (Australian Open, Elections, etc.) first half of 2019.

Doesn’t Deb also have kids? Somehow I can’t see her working six days a week for overly long.

Now I could be ultimately proven wrong on this but for now, if someone was to predict that Mark Burrows will become the Friday/Saturday + main fill-in for Peter Overton on Nine News Sydney (with Jayne Azzopardi as the 3rd in-line) at some point during 2019, I probably wouldn’t disagree with them.

As I’ve said before, it wouldn’t surprise me that when Allison Langdon returns from maternity leave that they might rearrange the days so that Deb can work four days (Tuesday-Friday, sort of what Georgie Gardner did when she was still newsreader) on Today and Allison Langdon can host with Georgie for the remaining day. Deb can then do the 6pm Sydney news + Today.

Probably unlikely to ever eventuate but that’s probably the better solution compared to appointing Mark Burrows for the Sydney 6pm news.

Here is what Deb said on the matter of continuing 6pm along with her new Today commitments on 2GB:

5 Likes

Literally the last thing they will do is start mucking around with days off. The whole team needs to be there every morning for the next 6-12 months to give the revamp any chance of succeeding. I know Deb likes doing a bit of everything but at some point she has to make a commitment rather than spreading herself too thinly.

Personally I like the idea of Allison Langdon taking over the weekend bulletin (or maybe just Saturday initially with Deb on Friday). Deb could continue to be Pete’s main fill-in on weeknights and Mark Burrows would fill in on weekends when necessary.

4 Likes

I think they will give Pete the first choice on what nights he wants off as he is their Number 1 newsreader. As long as it fits in with Nine.

Thursday -

Jayne Azzopardi is presenting Morning & Afternoon News today.

2 Likes

Friday -

Alice Monfries is presenting Morning & Afternoon News today.

3 Likes

Allison Langdon presenting in Sydney tonight.

10 Likes

** SUPER LIKE!!! **

The above post would be my reaction…if Jayne or Sophie were presenting the 6pm bulletin! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Allison Langdon? While I certainly don’t dislike her presenting of Nine News Sydney (better than Mark Burrows’ newsreading for a start), at the same time I’ve never been amazed by it.

But let’s face it. She’s a more established face for a start compared to Jayne and Sophie (doing 60 Minutes as well as Weekend Today). Jayne and Sophie are almost there, not quite up to being as well known as Allison.

With Deb joining Today a well-known, high-profile presenter is better for this role compared to upcoming talents who have the potential to do well in the future.

8 Likes

Yeah, fair points I suppose.

Although I’d still argue that Jayne & Sophie have made themselves just a bit more familiar with Sydney 6pm news viewers in recent years than Allison, who has only returned to fill-in presenting over the past year or so.

I don’t think there is any doubt that Allison will return from maternity leave in April as Weekend Today co-host, Sydney Fri/Sat newsreader and weekday Today show fill in (and probably not do any 60 Minutes anymore).

For continuity reasons, Deb continues doing Fri/Sat nights until April so that they don’t have too many changes.

That’s my read on it.

3 Likes