Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Saturday (10.12.16) - Sunday (11.10.16): Zara James is presenting the weather this weekend in Queensland.

Despite what the promos for Cameron Williams’ return to Nine News Sydney Sport suggest, Georgie Gardner will be joining him on the desk tonight.

Presumably, Peter Overton has now gone on holidays and (presuming that the returning on the 3rd Sunday of January tradition of recent years is kept, of course) will return for 2017 on Sunday January 15.

3 Likes

Final pieces of the puzzle to be revealed…

Who will be the new UK correspondent? Looks unlikely that it will be Jayne Azzopardi.

Will Tom Steinfort also read daytime bulletins, or will he go back to reporting? (In addition to Weekend Today)

New Friday presenter for Nine News Now

What will Amelia and Davina do when they return from maternity leave?

What will Pete Stefanovic do when Allison Langdon returns to 60?

Unless there are unforseen presenting changes, I would expect both Davina(Morning/Afternoon News _ Monday-Thursday) and Amelia (Nine News Now_Tuesday-Friday) to return to their respective roles. Sources tell me that Davina is expected to return from maternity leave in early 2017 whilst Amelia is expected to return mid-year.[quote=“lepatron, post:997, topic:148”]
New Friday presenter for Nine News Now
[/quote]

I expect Belinda Russell to continue Friday Nine News Now until/if Amelia returns.

[quote=“lepatron, post:997, topic:148”]
Who will be the new UK correspondent? Looks unlikely that it will be Jayne Azzopardi.

Will Tom Steinfort also read daytime bulletins, or will he go back to reporting? (In addition to Weekend Today)

What will Pete Stefanovic do when Allison Langdon returns to 60?
[/quote] TBH, no one really knows. As you mention Pete could be on 60 Minutes for 6, 12, 18 etc months/years, that all these options you proposed depend on this. Pete hasn’t been farewelled from Weekend Today yet, so maybe the intention is to only have him absent for a few months where Tom would return to his former position. Or maybe Nine have a plan for Pete when he finishes filling-in for Allison (replace Karl on Today, return overseas, replace another reporter of 60 Minutes).

As for the UK Senior Correspondent, who is not to say current UK correspondent Amelia Ballinger won’t step up to the role? And yes, Tom will likely fill-in on Nine Morning, Afternoon and Now bulletins.

2 Likes

Georgie Gardner is anchoring in Sydney this week.

Cameron Williams is welcomed back to the team:

7 Likes

…and Belinda Russell is presenting Sydney weather. We’re definitely in Summer mode on Nine News Sydney now!

2 Likes

Well it is Summer…

Thought Cameron handled that bit really well through paying homage to Ken and using his traditional “Here we go” line

5 Likes

He seemed incredibly nervous to me. But yes, a lovely touch.

Casey Lawrence presented Monday Early News.

1 Like

With Deb Knight working another week on Today, Mark Burrows is presenting Monday Morning & Afternoon News.

1 Like

@SydneyCityTV Amber Sherlock is on Nine News Now today so she should be back presenting weather in Sydney tonight.

3 Likes

Monday (12.12.16)-Friday (16.12.16): Melissa Downes is anchoring solo in Brisbane.

1 Like

Sophie Walsh presented Tuesday - Friday Early News this week.

I wouldn’t be surprised we will see Sophie filling in on weather in Sydney over summer,given her previous experience doing weather in Brisbane.

2 Likes

Mark Burrows also presenting Tuesday Morning & Afternoon News.

1 Like

Not that it will do QTQ any bad (since their weeknight presenters are better and are dominating), but just had a look at the ratings from the weekend, and Nine News Queensland was smashed by Seven with Katrina Blowers on solo over the weekend. Goes to show how bad Nine’s weekend anchors in QLD really are (even with the double header).

1 Like

They’re unwatchable and I’m surprised Nine has stuck with them. Darren Curtis is a good reporter but a terrible presenter. Time to replace the weekend team with a Eva Milac.

3 Likes

Last night solo Kay McGrath beat solo Melissa Downes by an amazing 54,000.

4 Likes

Might be time to put Kay back at the helm of week night news

2 Likes

Does anyone know who the back up/fill in presenters of National Nine News Melbourne was between 2000-2009? Did Brett McLeod fill in for Pete and Jo during this time

1 Like