Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Agree and with the amount by which they loose says a lot.

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:783, topic:148”]
Here in Sydney, I think that our weekend news presenting team from Nine (aside from the over-cheery weather presenter) is adequate enough.
[/quote] Your weekend team is pretty good, Georgie is an excellent anchor IMO and rotation of the sports presenters is not good but in saying that Yvonne, Julie and Erin are good presenters.

[quote=“Radiohead, post:785, topic:148”]
didn’t say replace who though. All of them, and replace with who?
[/quote] All of them are really bad and let’s be honest the weeknight team isn’t stellar. Darren Curtis and Alison Ariotti co-anchor with Luke Bradnam on the weather. Sam Squiers or Tom Mitchell present sport.

The obvious choice would be for Eva Milic to return to weekends but she too doesn’t do well in the ratings. IMO, they should have made Bruce Paige anchor when he came out of retirement in 2012, but now obviously it is too late for that. Perhaps they need to poach talent from else where. Lexy Hamilton Smith? Would love for Wendy Kingston to do weekends, but that won’t happen.

Doesn’t Rob Kelvin usually fill-in. What about Eddy Godfrey, Ben Avery or Alice Monfries. Even Jess Braithwaite would be good.

1 Like

With the cricket on and the massive lead 7 News has, familiarising Adelaide viewers with Brenton Ragless and Treders is probably the best thing they can do right now for NWS9

2 Likes

Actually have to agree with you there. And it’s not like Kate can’t handle weeknights solo

1 Like

True and why isn’t Rob Kelvin the anchor of the weekend bulletin? Might give them some credibility.

Rob hosts the 5pm arvo news and he retired from the main 6pm bulletin in 2010 because he’s 72.

1 Like

I know that mate. But I what I suggesting is that instead of returning to present the local 5pm News, which doesn’t seem to do wonders for Nine News Adelaide, have Kelvin on weekends and Will McDonald on the Afternoon News.

Been there, done that. That won’t happen.

1 Like

But for the long term its best if they grow the team of Brenton and Kate because I think they will be around for a long time. If they put Rob back on 6pm, you don’t know how long he’d want to do it for

1 Like

Certainly. The best thing for both 9 News Adelaide and Perth weeknights is stability and somewhat everlasting. I wasn’t suggesting that Brenton and Kate should be removed from weeknights, only that they should be building their weekend team. Obviously, Nine News Adelaide isn’t going to win until Riddell and Doyle leave the weeknight team so I thought maybe the way to go was for Nine News Adelaide to strengthen the weekend team (from what I have seen Seven’s isn’t outstanding) and try to win the occasion weekend and build on trust etc.

Because at 72 he’s probably happy rocking up at 3 and being gone by 6, and having the weekends to spend doing weekendy things.

3 Likes

I’d swap Wendy Kingston and Alison Ariotti. Put Wendy on Nine News Queensland weekends solo, and Alison with Bruce Paige on GC News. Darren Curtis (who really isn’t cut out for newsreading) can go back to reporting, maybe replace Bruce once he retires on GC News.

I would put Bruce Paige on weekends, to rival Kay McGrath. The Gold Coast Bureau actually has some really talented presenters/reporters, and I think either Wendy or Carrie-Ann Greenbank would be more than capable to anchor the local bulletin solo. Both Alison and Darren should not be allowed to present a bulletin.

Monday (7.11.16)- Friday (11.11.16): Tim Davies is presenting the Early News this week.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Nine News Regional

9 News website have a story of Eva Millic in fits of laughter re. viral video of a woman at a baseball? game dancing energetically.

The article closes with the line, “Viewers commented they loved watching Milic’s gaffe, and some even said it was one of the funniest moments on TV this year.”

Those viewers have not viewed many funny moments of TV this year in that case.

4 Likes

Peter Stefanovic presenting Friday Afternoon News,Deb Knight presented the Morning News.

1 Like

Darren Curtis is back from holidays…

5 Likes

God help Queensland.

2 Likes

If you ask me, Nine News Queensland really should swap the roles of Eva Milic and Alison Ariotti around while Darren Curtis should probably just stick to reporting.

Although the chances of Nine News Queensland beating Seven News Queensland in the ratings on weekends are probably very slim to none until Kay McGrath retires anyway.

4 Likes

Corey Norris is presenting sport in Melbourne this weekend.

1 Like